Premier B 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed in the Amateur Footballer last week that St Bedes Mentone Tigers are holding a 10 year anniversary of the 2006 premiership win over AJAX. That 2006 C Section (or Premier C nowadays) Grand Final is without doubt one of the all-time greatest games ever played in VAFA history, and the best game I've seen in my time watching VAFA.

Can you recall a game that is as good as, if not better than, the 2006 VAFA C Section Grand Final at Trevor Barker Oval, Sandringham?
No Jase. You have nailed it!

Noticed in the Amateur Footballer last week that St Bedes Mentone Tigers are holding a 10 year anniversary of the 2006 premiership win over AJAX. That 2006 C Section (or Premier C nowadays) Grand Final is without doubt one of the all-time greatest games ever played in VAFA history, and the best game I've seen in my time watching VAFA.

Can you recall a game that is as good as, if not better than, the 2006 VAFA C Section Grand Final at Trevor Barker Oval, Sandringham?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Actually have not been to too many GFs over the years, but happened to go to that one. Incredible game. Just so entertaining.

Another great final was Caulfield winning at Box Hill in extra time over. Was it over Old Essendon (now PEGS) in 2000.

And one more, Southbank over AJAX at Monash Uni have been 7 goals down at 3/4 time. 1998 I think.

Finals time comes early to B Grade. Looking forward to an epic encounter at Brighton tomorrow. Monash could and should have nailed a finals spot last week, what can they come up with against the form team of the comp? Not a happy hunting ground in years past but that won't worry the young Ashes. Big game!

Finals time comes early to B Grade. Looking forward to an epic encounter at Brighton tomorrow. Monash could and should have nailed a finals spot last week, what can they come up with against the form team of the comp? Not a happy hunting ground in years past but that won't worry the young Ashes. Big game!
Let us know what the ground was like Les.

Hampton Rovers came from 20 points behind at half time to beat Parkdale Vultures by 22 points, with the Vultures kicking just 1.4 to the Rovers 9.7 in the second half.

Hampton Rovers came from 20 points behind at half time to beat Parkdale Vultures by 22 points, with the Vultures kicking just 1.4 to the Rovers 9.7 in the second half.

Well done Jase. If there's anyone you'd like to beat it's them..

I asked this last week, and will do so again.

Is it possible that Scotch will miss the Premier B finals?

Reposted for relevance.

If:

1. Fitzroy beat Scotch (as form suggests they will) and

2. Monash beat Parkdale (as form suggests they will) then

Old Scotch will be 5th with one round to go and needing results in their favour in Rd 18 to avoid a Mad Monday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Bedes Mentone Tigers could be the new favourite for the Premier B title after Beaumaris's loss to Old Brighton. In fact, I think the Tigers will win the flag based on what I saw at Boss James Reserve today. Could the Sharks losing to Old Brighton come back to haunt them later next month?

St Bedes Mentone Tigers could be the new favourite for the Premier B title after Beaumaris's loss to Old Brighton. In fact, I think the Tigers will win the flag based on what I saw at Boss James Reserve today. Could the Sharks losing to Old Brighton come back to haunt them later next month?

I think you could be on to something here Jase.

I think you could be on to something here Jase.

If these two clubs-St Bedes Mentone Tigers and Beaumaris-were to play against each other on Premier B Grand Final Day, of the four key areas-backs, midfield, forwards, on ballers-which team would have the edge; the Tigers, or the Sharks?

I'd be delighted to see Scotch go back to A. I'm a big fan of APS teams in A Grade AM.

Cardinals starting to get a few back. Might still make one or two (one in particular) smart arses here who suggested they’d be also rans eat some well deserved humble pie.

Well I hope you were not referring to me, as I was just pointing out the potential ramifications.

As it stands, with an engagement against Rovers, Scotch should hold onto 3rd, and it's a matter of whether the Roys can roll Parkdale as I seriously doubt Monash can beat STBMT, to snatch 4th spot.

Well I hope you were not referring to me, as I was just pointing out the potential ramifications.

As it stands, with an engagement against Rovers, Scotch should hold onto 3rd, and it's a matter of whether the Roys can roll Parkdale as I seriously doubt Monash can beat STBMT, to snatch 4th spot.
Nup!

I'd be delighted to see Scotch go back to A. I'm a big fan of APS teams in A Grade AM.
Still think there are two teams rightly ahead of them despite one presently playing funny buggers with their list. Nonetheless, the Cardinals have put themselves in the conversation.

I was more referencing the know-all who had them missing the four.

Kudos to them for developing from within and despite being hit as hard as any team with key absences for one reason or another haven’t squealed like cut cats over their misfortune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back