B Section Premier B 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've managed the tipping ladder in previous divisions for several years now - happy to do it again in Premier B 2017. If someone else wishes to take on the task, you are most welcome. ;)
Go with the star performer guys. His presentation is outstanding.:thumbsu:

I've managed the tipping ladder in previous divisions for several years now - happy to do it again in Premier B 2017. If someone else wishes to take on the task, you are most welcome. ;)

Cardinals
Snow Dogs
Peninsula
Monash
Roys

Folks take up the invitation he does this very well

Would love to know how sportsbet come up with these odds:
Old Scotch 3.00
St. Bernards 3.50
Old Carey 6.00
Monash 8.00
Fitzroy 12.00
Old Brighton 12.00
AJAX 15.00
Mazenod 21.00
Parkdale 21.00
Peninsula 41.00

To be honest I think that the top 2 are way too short and I'd happily chuck a few on OC @ 6 bucks....anyway

RD1 tips:
Old Carey v Old Scotch - Cracker to start the year off. Don't really know who to tip but based on practice matches I'll side with OS by 15 points.
Mazenod v St Bernards - St Bernards should win this by a few. Snow dogs by 10 goals
Peninsula v Old Brighton - Would be hard to tip the lads coming up from C that no one knows anything about, but Brighton usually take a while to get into the swing of things. OB by 3 goals.
Monash v AJAX - Flip if a coin for me. I'll take AJAX due to Monash taking a while to gel. AJAX by less than 12 points.
Parkdale v Fitzroy - Parkdale were unlucky with injuries last year and should win on their home deck. Parkdale by 20 points.
Todays tesults suggest OB will shorten. Scotch and Bernards rightly short. Carey also prob about right. You can have the rest. C grade GFinalists of 2016 to struggle all year. Remaining 4 will be competitive but not near the top 3 or 4.

Todays tesults suggest OB will shorten. Scotch and Bernards rightly short. Carey also prob about right. You can have the rest. C grade GFinalists of 2016 to struggle all year. Remaining 4 will be competitive but not near the top 3 or 4.[/QUOT

Yep.

Snowdogs ad Cardinals 1-2. Lock.
Panthers and Brighton likely
to round out the top 4 with pressure from a few, but Maz and Pitates not part of this pressure.

The Peninsula v Old Brighton game was abandoned by the field umpires at three quarter time due to the presence of lightning.
The VAFA rules state that the VAFA Board will determine how the premiership points will be allocated in an abandoned game.

The Peninsula v Old Brighton game was abandoned by the field umpires at three quarter time due to the presence of lightning.
The VAFA rules state that the VAFA Board will determine how the premiership points will be allocated in an abandoned game.

With a 93 point lead by Old Brighton at three quarter time the decision was made to abandon I'd suggest it would be a short meeting. The bigger issue might be how to apportion percentage.

It was a disappointing day for the elevated clubs. Think the Nodders knew it was going to be a tough road to hoe this year but thought your guys were anticipating an influx of recruits from the Mornington Peninsula and therefore would be competitive. Still, early days.

On another matter, noticed the progressive live VAFA scores was again a fiasco. How hard can it be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a 93 point lead by Old Brighton at three quarter time the decision was made to abandon I'd suggest it would be a short meeting. The bigger issue might be how to apportion percentage.

It was a disappointing day for the elevated clubs. Think the Nodders knew it was going to be a tough road to hoe this year but thought your guys were anticipating an influx of recruits from the Mornington Peninsula and therefore would be competitive. Still, early days.

On another matter, noticed the progressive live VAFA scores was again a fiasco. How hard can it be?

Last years APP didn't work yesterday, the games did not load up so we couldn't do live scores. Will be fixed by next home game you would hope.

Last years APP didn't work yesterday, the games did not load up so we couldn't do live scores. Will be fixed by next home game you would hope.
This years is new and it is worse than last year - if that's possible.

I'm sure the VAFA honchos (and Canada) will blame those at club level for not doing their part. It's been less than satisfactory for years and the excuses no longer wash. It shouldn't take a new CEO to fix such a simple matter.

This years is new and it is worse than last year - if that's possible.

I'm sure the VAFA honchos (and Canada) will blame those at club level for not doing their part. It's been less than satisfactory for years and the excuses no longer wash. It shouldn't take a new CEO to fix such a simple matter.

No AM,
Carlton is correct. Expect next week to be much better. Or week after next. We wear this one. Improvement coming.

No AM,
Carlton is correct. Expect next week to be much better. Or week after next. We wear this one. Improvement coming.

After 10+ years of trying to 'reach the modern era' of live scores and results/ladders after the game, we still await one of the largest competitions in Australia to GET UP TO SPEED! The community is sick of 'wearing this one' every few months! FFS it is not that hard!

I think round 2 onwards is going to be a bonanza. Stay tuned all VAFA lovers.

He's not Gun Island so give it a rest, didn't you read what Over The Post posted about trying to out people?

Hi Briza,
All guns blazing is a pretty common statement. Particularly in footy circles. Gold Coast came out all guns blazing today. See. Just a great footy statement. OTP is not a wet blanket, no need for dobbing or crying. Lighten up.
Bedders and Gun can look after themselves. Both of them. Whether that be together or just as great Monders men separately.
Peace friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back