B Section Premier B 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The B in B Grade stands for BONANZA!
Snowdogs let us all know that it isn’t a 2 horse race.
Uni can be forgiven a loss away against a fellow contender.
Panthers lucky perhaps, but any win at Shark Park is a good one.
Beauy stiff, but will push hard for a finals birth.
Caulfield are good. Very good.
Mazenod are not good. Not very good.
AJAX will be lucky to survive and have been a major disappointment.
Vultures are improving and will not play finals or drop.
There is life in the Ashers yet. They are not the certainties to drop we all thought they were last week.
Haileybury are in big big trouble. No depth and no hope.
It remains a 5 horse race for the top 4 and a three or four horse race for the drop.

Hailebury are GONE. Relegation beckons. Maybe I am calling Monash to join them too early - still don’t think so but we will see.

Still think top 2 will come from Bernard’s, Carey and Blacks. Beauie and Caulfield to battle for 4th.

The B in B Grade stands for BONANZA!
Snowdogs let us all know that it isn’t a 2 horse race.
Uni can be forgiven a loss away against a fellow contender.
Panthers lucky perhaps, but any win at Shark Park is a good one.
Beauy stiff, but will push hard for a finals birth.
Caulfield are good. Very good.
Mazenod are not good. Not very good.
AJAX will be lucky to survive and have been a major disappointment.
Vultures are improving and will not play finals or drop.
There is life in the Ashers yet. They are not the certainties to drop we all thought they were last week.
Haileybury are in big big trouble. No depth and no hope.
Massive game next week Monash vs Ajax. Old foes playing for plenty! Well done to the Ashes today. Got it done. Joe Cosgriff outstanding, Jake Meade and Charlie Rossetti also great. Joe Harrison is very good.

Massive game next week Monash vs Ajax. Old foes playing for plenty! Well done to the Ashes today. Got it done. Joe Cosgriff outstanding, Jake Meade and Charlie Rossetti also great. Joe Harrison is very good.

Great win. There’s a very good chance that this time next week the Ashers will be sitting 4 points clear from relegation. AJAX are really struggling.
Only downer got the Ashers is the losing of their presidents time as he’s now the principal at Trinity. Hard for him to host lunches and afternoon teas as he tries to stop his staff members from cutting their students hair.

At the other end of the table, two huge games with Carey a chance to lock in an undefeated 1st half of the season if they can overcome Blacks, and Bernard’s poised to skip 3 games clear of Beauie if they maintain their strong home ground advantage.

Panthers over Blacks
Monash on a roll will roll Ajax
Caulfield over the Vultures
Bloods will drop another against Mazenod (my least confident tip here)
Snow Dogs at home against the Sharks

At the other end of the table, two huge games with Carey a chance to lock in an undefeated 1st half of the season if they can overcome Blacks, and Bernard’s poised to skip 3 games clear of Beauie if they maintain their strong home ground advantage.
Tips
Carey v Blacks . Blacks lost to Bernies, but that is no disgrace at the pit against a very good side. Whilst they used their 25th senior player of the season, Carey themselves had three more first gamers to bring their tally to 34 , with Lock,Ceppi and Sloan notable missing players from the teamlist at Beauy where they were lucky to sneak home. Joel Ernest is a star, and his choice of Blacks over Carey would still be hurting at Bulleen. He,Carlson, Richardson, Mahon and co will give Dornauf and Curnow lots of opportunities to kick goals on the expanses of Bulleen, even if Locke is still absent. Blacks by 6 goals
Monash v Ajax With one win under the belt, some returning players, Petering, Woodland finding form, and playing at home, it is hard to pick against the Blues. On the topic of senior players Ajax have used more seniors players than anyone which makes it very hard to get a settled line-up. Is this due to injury or form? That is anyone's guess. If Lew gets on the end of a few this game may swing though, and Blues seem to have struggled against power forwards this season. Blues by 11pts
Caulfield v Parkdale. Parkdale have found some improved form. They have a couple of guns in Marshall and Dillon and plenty of very solid senior players with good height and size. I just feel the fields are looking quick, strong, even and confident. Other than their finals campaign and rd1 this year, they have lost 1 regular season game since 2016 and that was a very tight away loss to Blacks. They are a genuine premiership threat, and will knock of at least one of the top 3 in the second half of the season. Fields by 28pts
Old Haileybury v Mazenod Mazenod is the obvious tip, however Haileybury simply have to win to have any chance of avoiding the drop. Many of Mazenod's best are ageing, and Lok seems to be spending most of the season at Casey. Seccull will give his onballers first ball use. OH by 3pts
St Bernards v Beaumaris. I can't go past Bernies at home. They are big, tall, and skilled, with guns on every line. Their only possible weakness is probably some outside run, but Sullivan goes a long way to solving this. Beauy were very unlucky last week. They are fit and quick with some young guns as well as established stars like Petering and former journeyman Nash who seems to have settled at the Sharks, but dont think they will hold out the Snowdogs at the Pit. St Bernards by 41pts

Last edited:
tips
Blacks v Carey. Blacks lost to Bernies, but no disgrace at the pit against a very good side. Whilst they used their 25th senior player of the season, Carey themselves had three more first gamers to bring their tally to 34 , with Lock,Ceppi and Sloan notable missing players from the teamlist at Beauy where they were lucky to sneak home. Joel Ernest is a star, and his choice of Blacks over Carey would still be hurting at Bulleen. He,Carlson, Richardson, Mahon and co will give Dornauf and Curnow lots of opportunities to kick goals on the expanses of Bulleen, even if Locke is still absent. Blacks by 6 goals
Monash v Ajax with win one under the belt, some returning players, Petering, Woodland finding form and at home it is hard to pick against the blues. On the topic of senior players Ajax have used more seniors players than anyone with makes it very hard to get a settled line-up. Injury or form?- this is anyone's guess. If Lew gets on the end of a few this may swing though, and Blues seem to have struggled against power forwards this season. Blues by 11pts
Caulfield v Parkdale. Parkdale have found some improved form. They have a couple of guns in Marshall and Dillon and plenty of very solid senior players with good height and size. I just feel the fields are looking quick, strong, even and confident. Other than their finals campaign and rd1 this year, they have lost 1 regular season game since 2016 and that was a very tight away loss to Blacks. They are a genuine premiership threat, and will knock of at least one of the top 3 in the second half of the season. Fields by 28pts
Old Haileybury v Mazenod Mazenod is the obvious tip, however Haileybury simply have to win to have any chance of avoiding the drop. Seccull will give his onballers first ball use. OH by 3pts
St Bernards v Beaumaris. Cant go past Bernies at home. They are big, tall, and skilled, with guns on every line. Their only possible weakness is probably some outside run, but Sullivan goes a long way to solving this. Beauy were very unlucky last week. They are fit and quick with some young guns as well as established stars like Petering and former journeyman Nash who seems to have settled at the Sharks, but dont think they will hold out the Snowdogs at the Pit. St Bernards by 31pts

Awesome wrap. I will have what you’re having, other than I will tip Carey to win at home. You may be thinking it’s at the Uni?? Blues def playing Bedes on Saturday at the Uni.

Awesome wrap. I will have what you’re having, other than I will tip Carey to win at home. You may be thinking it’s at the Uni?? Blues def playing Bedes on Saturday at the Uni.
Cheers. I had a bit of time this morning which i don't normally have, to pop my thoughts down. I do realize it is at Bulleen, however Bulleen will suit Blacks as much as Carey and i think they will be smarting after Bernies handed them a spanking, whilst Carey are starting to look a little undermanned. Time will tell!

Cheers. I had a bit of time this morning which i don't normally have, to pop my thoughts down. I do realize it is at Bulleen, however Bulleen will suit Blacks as much as Carey and i think they will be smarting after Bernies handed them a spanking, whilst Carey are starting to look a little undermanned. Time will tell!

Yes, I see you did mention Bulleen. You just wrote Blacks first up the top and that tricked me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bernards smashed Beauie today - 1s and 2s. Beauie twos were previously undefeated. Beauie clearly had a handful of players out of both sides. Bernards very impressive, regardless - without their leading goal kicker, Chad Jones and young kid playing in AFL young guns game. Take top spot and travel to Caulfield next week full of confidence.

Bernards smashed Beauie today - 1s and 2s. Beauie twos were previously undefeated. Beauie clearly had a handful of players out of both sides. Bernards very impressive, regardless - without their leading goal kicker, Chad Jones and young kid playing in AFL young guns game. Take top spot and travel to Caulfield next week full of confidence.

Feel that Beauy had their GF last week against Carey (FTLOC) and it was a devastating loss.
The top 4 is set. And anyone can beat anyone on any given day.
If I was framing a market..
St Bernard’s $2.15
Blacks $2.50
Carey $2.65
Caulfield $3.90

Round 9 tips

Beaumaris Monash Blues - Monash cannot win this
AJAX Old Carey - why not - after two tips last week, gotta call an upset
Parkdale Mazenod - at home, Parkdale should prevail
Caulfield St Bernards - This will not be close. Bernards easily
Uni Blacks Hailebury - In a blow out.

Status