B Section Premier B 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sumner out to the SFL which is disappointing but not surprising. Both Garsides gone, Tyquin and Porter retired, Tahana probably cash locally as a second club.

I’ll leave rumours of committee in fighting and coaching appointment dissatisfaction to someone else.

We have a stack of boys at TAC Cup level in 2018 and 2019 so hopefully they don’t chase cash and will come back, especially once our facilities are upgraded, they will be fabulous.

Harley Balic will be a great in for Parkdale, he’s a very talented lad who played at Mordialloc-Brae as a junior. Word around Brindisi is that Parky will start benefitting from the junior alliance from this year on.

Joel Cusack is a big loss for Beauy, have heard Lewis Diggins will follow him out the door.

Certainly agree with the comments regarding the Vultures, Harley Balic will be a great get and rumours are that another couple are coming back in Jack Vorbach who is a really polished and smart player but has had bad luck with injuries, Nathan Peterson is a super player on his day at either end of the park, and another couple of their mates who played in the 19's. With a new coach who is a class act, new facilities and a renewed lease of belonging in B grade I'm tipping a finals appearance is not out of the question. Big Rnd-1 against the Tigers will be a great season opener.

I wouldn't write the Tigers off yet. Plenty of A Grade experience left. Also I think you'll find Caulfield will be around the mark as well (Stability in the coaching ranks, no significant losses of talent (yet) and some handy lads returning).

What about s OGS making the finals and doing some damage ? I hear they're still chipping away at the young SKOB fringe players who aren't quite good enough to play seniors , like the Anderson boys etc.
I see Bourke locked and loaded again for 2019

What about s OGS making the finals and doing some damage ? I hear they're still chipping away at the young SKOB fringe players who aren't quite good enough to play seniors , like the Anderson boys etc.
I see Bourke locked and loaded again for 2019
Not sure why anyone would want to play for Geelong Grammar Old Boys, they should be playing in the GFL.

You were lucky it can be a very busy area and a fair climb at the end of the day.

Yes, parking is an issue. Personally I used to find the size of the ground a bigger problem (never had that good a tank).

To be honest I find a lot of suburban VAFA grounds struggle with parking. Glenhuntly (Caulfield) is problematic, Parkdale and St Bede's can also be difficult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OGS canteen staffed by some of the best looking women of all time. Surprised Chris gayle hasn’t lobbed there for a kick

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's one area we really struggle at Brindisi St, our tuck shop staff are mostly aged 60 plus and any younger ones struggle to get any movement going in the nether regions. How sad.

DO they still have the hideous scarves? Also , what chance of them getting back some of the Geelong Foreign Legion from Blues?

OGS managed to secure 21 Uni Blues boys last year, but chances are looking slim to get any more of them. Blues went hard on trying to keep the top Geelong College boys, so they will likely stay with Blues.
No harm in Ogs trying to get some more though

OGS managed to secure 21 Uni Blues boys last year, but chances are looking slim to get any more of them. Blues went hard on trying to keep the top Geelong College boys, so they will likely stay with Blues.
No harm in Ogs trying to get some more though

And that is why Blues hired a coach from Geelong..........Blacks just announced Nick Lower is playing there. Big get.

And that is why Blues hired a coach from Geelong..........Blacks just announced Nick Lower is playing there. Big get.
Blues hired a bloke from St Joseph's, a club with little to no relation to Geelong College. Can't say this is the reason Geelong Boys will stay at blues. They will stay because majority of their mates from University are at Blues.

This board is very quiet, time to fire things up.
I’ve been told that quite a few gun Caulfield players are returning to the club, headlined by half a dozen above average Premier players. They will be very strong.

Beauy doing their best to get their star players back from Ormond, but have lost young gun Cusack for $$$ to the Eastern League. Louis Diggins also considering Cheltenham for coin, he plays cricket there.

Parkdale will have great change rooms but little else, will struggle.

St Bedes will invest in local youth and juniors, we have a heap at Sandy Dragons and will look to these boys to carry us back to premiership glory, maybe spend a couple of years in B though to rebuild.

Haileybury to struggle, I hear several of their school scholarship kids are going back to Mentone Grammar Old Boys and St Bedes.

Scotch should be very strong along with Blacks, who will still be shocked that they lost the unlosable prelim. A great club, if you listen to them anyway, who will be licking their lips for a run at Premier.

Fitzroy to suprise and almost play finals, Monash to be putrid, Oggers relegated as well.
Why would above average premier players want to play in a second level comp?

Sumner out to the SFL which is disappointing but not surprising. Both Garsides gone, Tyquin and Porter retired, Tahana probably cash locally as a second club.

I’ll leave rumours of committee in fighting and coaching appointment dissatisfaction to someone else.

We have a stack of boys at TAC Cup level in 2018 and 2019 so hopefully they don’t chase cash and will come back, especially once our facilities are upgraded, they will be fabulous.

Harley Balic will be a great in for Parkdale, he’s a very talented lad who played at Mordialloc-Brae as a junior. Word around Brindisi is that Parky will start benefitting from the junior alliance from this year on.

Joel Cusack is a big loss for Beauy, have heard Lewis Diggins will follow him out the door.
It depends on what the TAC boys want . Either to develop their game and what way is the best to do it. Via the VAFA or through the other leagues. Not all will try and get on a VFL list just yet. Do they want a job or do they get paid to play.

Nathan Wright a solid pick up for SBMT. He’ll be a great addition.

EDIT: Looks like just as a release club.

Last edited:
Rumor floating around that a B grade Bayside club may have lost their ground. Any one care to comment.

So which one of Parkdale, SBMT or Beaumaris is it rumoured to be? All have had or are having pavilion upgrades. If there is any truth to this then St Bedes the logical suggestion as works on their upgrade are yet to start. However other similar renovations has seen tenancy and ground use remain through use of portables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back