B Section Premier B 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its not Parkdale, but Beaumaris has a grass disease and is like a beach , Hampton has it as well.

They playing surface at Beauy was putrid in 2017 when they were in ‘A’ grade. Seems they have not managed to get it right.

If they poster meant Bayside as in the council zone then I guess Beaumaris are the logical (and only) possible candidate. Huge junior club play out of Banksia Reserve and with few other local ground options so this would have a huge impact on senior and junior club.

If he meant Bayside as in near the beach then while most unlikely I guess it could be one or two other clubs.

They playing surface at Beauy was putrid in 2017 when they were in ‘A’ grade. Seems they have not managed to get it right.

If they poster meant Bayside as in the council zone then I guess Beaumaris are the logical (and only) possible candidate. Huge junior club play out of Banksia Reserve and with few other local ground options so this would have a huge impact on senior and junior club.

If he meant Bayside as in near the beach then while most unlikely I guess it could be one or two other clubs.
Bayside council have no idea.

The rumour came from a Beaumaris member. Apparently monies gone missing from sporting club. Could be a ruse but it seems the club has been kicked out.

Last edited:
Happy with the Fields being selected by Tate Short (Footscray), Ash Krakauer (Port) and Angus Styles (Frankston) as their back up clubs. Not sure we'll see too much of them though, but handy all the same.

Why wouldn't Krakauer go to Ajax ?

He has moved his fall back club from Ajax to Caulfield. He did play Unders at Caulfield before going to Port and at that time we were still in C.

The club positions are now reversed and I think it is common knowledge that VFL clubs prefer their players in B Grade or higher.

I'm not sure if this is the reason Krakauer has moved, or whether there are other factors. I can't imagine playing at Ajax was much fun last year.

He has moved his fall back club from Ajax to Caulfield. He did play Unders at Caulfield before going to Port and at that time we were still in C.

The club positions are now reversed and I think it is common knowledge that VFL clubs prefer their players in B Grade or higher.

I'm not sure if this is the reason Krakauer has moved, or whether there are other factors. I can't imagine playing at Ajax was much fun last year.
Thanks for the reply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on clearance info, big footy posts and other baseless rumours, I'm revising my predictions to:

Favourite
Old Scotch

Finals Contenders
St Bedes Mentone
Uni Blacks
Caulfield Grammarians
Fitzroy

Potential Surprise Packets
Beaumaris
Parkdale

Contenders to go Down
Old Geelong
Old Haileybury
Monash Blues

Based on 2018 form and some past history:

Contenders to Go Up
St Bedes Mentone - A Grade is a big step up and down, will be around the mark
Old Scotch - A Grade is a big step up and down, will be around the mark
Uni Blacks - Plenty of depth and a history of picking up talent
Caulfield Grammarians - Top line talent is good and strong Unders coming through, but lack the depth of quality of the other contenders.
Beaumaris - Amazing depth of quality players, just the top line talent not as good as the others (until someone steps up of course).
Fitzroy - Should probably not have gone down a year ago and rightfully rebound up. Will be in the mix.

Contenders to go Down
Old Geelong - Great job to come up, but maybe before they were ready?
Parkdale - Really good club and are probably a step up on the rest in this group.
Old Haileybury - Always seem to find a way, but wondering with their depth if they are running out of lives.
Monash Blues - Will this be a rebound year? If not they'll go down for sure.

Have 2 or 3 gone to Ormond ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Beaumaris absolutely montys for the drop. Players leaving in droves, kicked out of the social club and kicked out of Banksia. Could be dark days ahead for a long time.

Based on clearance info, big footy posts and other baseless rumours, I'm revising my predictions to:

Favourite
Old Scotch

Finals Contenders
St Bedes Mentone
Uni Blacks
Caulfield Grammarians
Fitzroy

Potential Surprise Packets
Beaumaris
Parkdale

Contenders to go Down
Old Geelong
Old Haileybury
Monash Blues

FWIW Monash will be fine, have signed Max King (Melb) and Ben Hart (OC - not sure what happened there) . Going to be a tight comp.

Lots of star power in b grade this year it seems, certainly at Brindisi anyway.

Who’s Ben Hart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back