B Section Premier B 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any names there BEBH ??? I've also heard they have had 50 to 60 on the track and the new coach has been widely accepted with the playing group.

Some good young talent that will play a some TAC footy Tyson Milne and Murray and Blake O' Leary
They should push for senior contention.

Balic will be a weapon when he is enjoying footy and his body is right.
Jojo very athletic
Ben Phibbs from Mazenod is a big get to bolster their coaching ranks, not sure how many games he will play. Very smart footballer.

Liam Platt & Jack Vorbach serviceable.

Pazza - What was your take form the game?
From watching it I had Xavs about 90 to OGS 30.
Looked tough with OGS having only a couple on the bench to Xavs 10, they had a lot more legs in the last quarter and a half.

Pazza - What was your take form the game?
From watching it I had Xavs about 90 to OGS 30.
Looked tough with OGS having only a couple on the bench to Xavs 10, they had a lot more legs in the last quarter and a half.

As I said they were competitive until half-time. Hard to gauge but Bourke would have been happy with the effort at times.

One week away from Rd1. Let the tipping begin:
Beaumaris v OGGS - At home, big ground, default tip. Beauy by 3 goals.
Old Scotch v Fitzroy - Old Scotch lost 8 games last year by less than 2 goals. Big step down to B, can't see them losing this one. OS by 7 goals.
Parkdale v St Bedes Mentone - Same as above, St Bedes were competitive in most games last year. If Parkdale have picked up a few this could be close, but I'll still take StB by 4 goals.
Caulfield v Old Haileybury - Caulfield were better last year and I don't see that changing. Fields by 5 goals.
Uni Blacks v Monash - Uni Blacks are a good team. Monash usually take a while to warm up and this could get ugly. UB by 10 goals +.

One week away from Rd1. Let the tipping begin:
Beaumaris v OGGS - At home, big ground, default tip. Beauy by 3 goals.
Old Scotch v Fitzroy - Old Scotch lost 8 games last year by less than 2 goals. Big step down to B, can't see them losing this one. OS by 7 goals.
Parkdale v St Bedes Mentone - Same as above, St Bedes were competitive in most games last year. If Parkdale have picked up a few this could be close, but I'll still take StB by 4 goals.
Caulfield v Old Haileybury - Caulfield were better last year and I don't see that changing. Fields by 5 goals.
Uni Blacks v Monash - Uni Blacks are a good team. Monash usually take a while to warm up and this could get ugly. UB by 10 goals +.
Ill have a go
Beaumaris by 3pts
OS by 4 goals
Parkdale by 3 goals
Caulfield by 65pts
Uni Blacks just- nothing ugly here i dont think. Monash will rebound strongly. They will be huge with Mitch King joining established height,and stronger in the midfield with Ben Hart joining, Harrison full time and several very handy country recruits.

Beaumaris v Old Geelong
Old Scotch v Fitzroy
Parkdale v St Bedes Mentone
Caulfield
v Old Haileybury
Uni Blacks v Monash

Only close one for mind is the local derby at Gerry Green

How was the Practice match between Caulfield and Wantirna Sth yesterday?
Interested to know the standard between the EFL and VAFA

How was the Practice match between Caulfield and Wantirna Sth yesterday?
Interested to know the standard between the EFL and VAFA

Didn't see it, way to wet and cold to watch a practice match. However the CGFC Facebook Page had the following scores:

Seniors
CGFC 20.16 (136) to Wantirna South 3.2 (20)
Reserves
CGFC 11.12 (78) to Wantirna South 1.2 (8)
U/19s
CGFC 15.17 (107) to Wantirna South 1.3 (9)

No idea how close either were to full strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see it, way to wet and cold to watch a practice match. However the CGFC Facebook Page had the following scores:

Seniors
CGFC 20.16 (136) to Wantirna South 3.2 (20)
Reserves
CGFC 11.12 (78) to Wantirna South 1.2 (8)
U/19s
CGFC 15.17 (107) to Wantirna South 1.3 (9)

No idea how close either were to full strength.
Gee Caulfield backs didnt have much work during the pre-season. Won each game by approx 20 goals. Set for a big season.

BJ has committed to the Fields!
Unlike our Bill Hartung, ‘BJ’ has also committed to Pearcedale for a nice one off cash game and there are murmurings of another club as well. How will the VAFA view this?

Beaumaris will be watching with great interest after the Milne debacle a couple of years ago whilst the new VAFA president Voyage is in the unenviable position of being a Caulfield Old Boys great and the man who is meant to be looking after the integrity of the competition.

All eyes on the VAFA for this can of worms.

Would be super to see BJ playing Ammos.
That said, you’re either an Amateur footballer for the year or you ain’t. The rule, as I recall it, when I started Ammos football was you would not get a clearance if you had ever been paid, other than at the highest level. Happily that rule is gone, but I don’t like the idea of getting paid to play, in between Ammo fixtures, all in the one season.

BJ will not be playing for anyone other than Caulfield this year. His decision to commit to them means all other playing options he was considering, like Pearce, are now off the table.
Great work VAFA.

Unlike our Bill Hartung, ‘BJ’ has also committed to Pearcedale for a nice one off cash game and there are murmurings of another club as well. How will the VAFA view this?

Beaumaris will be watching with great interest after the Milne debacle a couple of years ago whilst the new VAFA president Voyage is in the unenviable position of being a Caulfield Old Boys great and the man who is meant to be looking after the integrity of the competition.

All eyes on the VAFA for this can of worms.

Seems like a player fully committed to the 'Fields' to me.

VAFA 2019: Former St Kilda and Essendon star Brendon Goddard to play with B section club
Simon McEvoy, Caulfield Glen Eira Leader
April 2, 2019 2:00pm

Brendon Goddard had an itch that needed to be scratched.

And so, four months after retiring from the AFL, he will pull on the boots again — with Caulfield Grammarians in the VAFA.

“He had a bit of an itch,’’ Fields coach Simon Williams said.

“And we are glad he picked us. It’s a coup for the club, that’s for sure.’’

The former St Kilda and Essendon star has strong ties with Caulfield Grammarians. He attended Caulfield Grammar School as a boarder.

Some of his old school mates are still around the club.

Goddard, 33, will join Caulfield Grammarians training at Glenhuntly Oval tonight and is expected to slot into the Fields forward line in the coming weeks.

“He’s got to get his body right first…we’re not going to rush him,’’ Williams said.

“Obviously he’s played (over) 300 games so he knows when he will be right. He will put his hand up when he’s ready to play.

“He’s going to be training Tuesdays and Thursdays like the rest of the guys and he intends to play as many games as he can.’’

Goddard is friends with Caulfield Grammarians president Peter Small’s son-in-law and the prospect of returning “home’’ was hatched last October.

“It started off as a bit of a dream and out of that it actually materialized,’’ Small said.

“When I told the playing group on Saturday you could see the genuine excitement.

“You just can’t buy that sort of experience, you just can’t get someone who has played (over) 300 (AFL) games to turn up and help you out. It’s a huge bonus for us.’’

Goddard said he wanted to keep playing while he could.

“I made the decision on Friday. (We) have been in talks for a number of weeks now,” Goddard said on AFL tonight.

“I didn’t want to sit back in five or six years and regret that I didn’t still continue to play footy when I still can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back