B Section Premier B 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to this weekend's footy and teams actually in B Grade:

St Bedes Mentone v Old Haileybury - While the Bloods may keep this close early, the Tigers will run away in the end.
Fitzroy v Parkdale - Only because of the Lions fade out last week. Tough to get over I'd imagine.
Old Scotch v Beaumaris - By a bit.
Caulfield v Monash - By a bit. Goddard debut??? Surely the skipper Nixon returns this week.
Uni Blacks v Old Geelong - By a bit.

I'll take these as well.

I had a look through the stats and have found that after 7 rounds, the following amount of players have rolled through the 1s for each club:
Old Caulfield - 33
Old Scotch - 33
Uni Blacks - 31
Beaumaris - 36
Parkdale - 33
St Bedes - 36
Old Geelong - 32
Old Haileybury - 32
Monash - 37
Fitzroy - 35
The top three don't really matter because it's all about the personnel they have available in September, however, down the ladder I think if Monash can hold a team through the bye weeks they will be safe. It is worrying that Old Haileybury are 2nd last, have a horrible 2s side and have used the 2nd least amount of players. I know it's early, but I'm calling Fitzroy and Haileybury to take the plunge to C Grade come years end.

This leaves a battle of the Baysiders to snatch 4th spot. For me, I think it will be St Bedes.

I had a look through the stats and have found that after 7 rounds, the following amount of players have rolled through the 1s for each club:
Old Caulfield - 33
Old Scotch - 33
Uni Blacks - 31
Beaumaris - 36
Parkdale - 33
St Bedes - 36
Old Geelong - 32
Old Haileybury - 32
Monash - 37
Fitzroy - 35
The top three don't really matter because it's all about the personnel they have available in September, however, down the ladder I think if Monash can hold a team through the bye weeks they will be safe. It is worrying that Old Haileybury are 2nd last, have a horrible 2s side and have used the 2nd least amount of players. I know it's early, but I'm calling Fitzroy and Haileybury to take the plunge to C Grade come years end.

This leaves a battle of the Baysiders to snatch 4th spot. For me, I think it will be St Bedes.

If you look at the last 4 games for Bloods Ressies, you will probably see why they aren’t making too many changes.
Great post. Interesting read and numbers.

Don't shoot the messenger Hippster. If players from OC confirmed the story to be fact then maybe there is some ounce of truth.

Maybe I'm just acting in true David King spirit and talking rubbish. I'll let the readers of Big Footy decide.
What a load of tripe. No players have confirmed this with you as it couldn't be further from the truth. The club struggles to make ends meet and has had committee putting their own dollars in just to keep afloat. (...)

Edit: Think it, just don't put it in quite those words - OTP

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to this weekend's footy and teams actually in B Grade:

St Bedes Mentone v Old Haileybury - While the Bloods may keep this close early, the Tigers will run away in the end.
Fitzroy v Parkdale - Only because of the Lions fade out last week. Tough to get over I'd imagine.
Caulfield v Monash - By a bit. Goddard debut??? Surely the skipper Nixon returns this week.
ill take these too

Old Caulfield - 33
Old Scotch - 33
Uni Blacks - 31
Beaumaris - 36
Parkdale - 33
St Bedes - 36
Old Geelong - 32
Old Haileybury - 32
Monash - 37
Fitzroy - 35

Great post. Based on evidence provided, I agree the Tigers are most likely to grab 4th. I also wouldn't put it past them to provide a much harder test in a 1st Semi Final than they during the season to whomever finishes 3rd.

I would say Haileybury is the most vulnerable as they are 1 or 2 injuries away from being in a huge hole. Between Monash & Fitzroy it is really close, but I would marginally lean towards the Lions staying up as they seem more consistent. Monash also seem to cop a lull during Uni holidays (which is unavoidable).

ill take these too
Same tips for me as well, cheers.

Same tips for me as well, cheers.
Same for me please. Hope Goddard can’t find the ground or gets offered money to play somewhere else last minute!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 4 looks set with Bede's taking the mantle as best 4th team IMO.

Fight for relegation begins with the bottom 4 (Monash, Fitzroy, OH and OGS) having tough games the next couple weeks.

Percentage will be important and Beauy & Parkdale are a step up on the other relegation challengers. Albeit they both play top 3 teams in the next round.

Fitzroy vs Old Haileybury is probably game of the week in the next round as well.

Looking way to far ahead RD18 has (could be some ripping final round clashes here):
Beaumaris v Fitzroy
Old Haileybury v Monash
St Bedes v Old Scotch
Parkdale v Uni Blacks
Caulfield v Old Geelong

To finish off the first half of the year.

Beaumaris v Uni Blacks - By a bit.
Monash Blues v St Bedes Mentone - It depends on which Monash turn up, but gonna go with the Tigers.
Parkdale v Old Scotch - By a bit.
Old Haileybury v Fitzroy - Going with the home team.
Old Geelong v Caulfield - This may be closer than we think. Game is at the school and OG's will be up for it.

Beaumaris v Uni Blacks - Smashing
Monash V St Bedes anyone's game toss of the coin ?
Parkdale v Old Scotch - This could be ugly Vultures need to show some better systems moving it forward.
Haileybury V Roys - in a close one.
Old Geelong v Caulfield - How stiff for the Caulfield boys having to travel to shitville college.

Beaumaris v Uni Blacks - Can't see Beaumaris being competitive in this. UB by 10 goals.
Monash v St Bedes - Not really sure how to read this. I'm just going to go with St Bedes as they have been (more )competitive against the top teams. STB by 10 points.
Parkdale v Old Scotch - OS should win this by 8 goals +. Depends who they have on the park after the bye.
Haileybury V Roys - Can't really tip either team with confidence. I feel like Fitzroy's best is better than OH best though.
Old Geelong v Caulfield - Enjoy the drive to Geelong. Still won't change the result. Caulfield by 40+.

Beaumaris v Uni Blacks - Can't see Beaumaris being competitive in this. UB by 10 goals.
Monash v St Bedes - Not really sure how to read this. I'm just going to go with St Bedes as they have been (more )competitive against the top teams. STB by 10 points.
Parkdale v Old Scotch - OS should win this by 8 goals +. Depends who they have on the park after the bye.
Haileybury V Roys - Can't really tip either team with confidence. I feel like Fitzroy's best is better than OH best though.
Old Geelong v Caulfield - Enjoy the drive to Geelong. Still won't change the result. Caulfield by 40+.
Beauy to cause a minor upset
St Bedes
OS
Haileybury
Caulfield

Unsure where to post but have posted in a few forums,

Moving Down from QLD looking for a club to have a kick with!!

Shoot me a message if i could get some help, League websites confusing and hard to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back