B Section Premier B 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
B Grade Preliminary looks likely to get the best of the weather at Elsternwick Park on the weekend.

Blacks to bounce back in the Reserves.
Cardinals to just get it done in the Seniors.

On Sunday:

Xavs in the Reserves
SKOBS in the Seniors

FWIW one of the better B grade games I’ve seen. Had it all. Scotch looked dominant early with their slick ball movement and open forward line. Blacks just willed themselves back in it through their ruck and mids. Some individual brilliance and courage. Both sides played it till the end. Unsure why Downie didn’t ruck as Steadman brought his team back in the game in the second half. Some clutch goals late from Jamieson and Gelbart gave Scotch the edge as they were clearly under the pump. Caulfield would have enjoyed watching that.

FWIW one of the better B grade games I’ve seen. Had it all. Scotch looked dominant early with their slick ball movement and open forward line. Blacks just willed themselves back in it through their ruck and mids. Some individual brilliance and courage. Both sides played it till the end. Unsure why Downie didn’t ruck as Steadman brought his team back in the game in the second half. Some clutch goals late from Jamieson and Gelbart gave Scotch the edge as they were clearly under the pump. Caulfield would have enjoyed watching that.
Downie wasn't 100% so the story goes. Not being able to use him to full effect nearly cost Scotchies the game.

Feel for Blacks. Two B Grade Prelim losses in a row. Both by under a goal.
But also good to see Scotch go back up. Big club. Won premier Under 19’s flag yesterday. Wonderful to have 7 APS teams in A Grade next year.
Pull your fingers out Hail, Carey and Geelong.

He didn’t seem to be injured against Caulfield, so if something happened he carried it well.

Even those who have issues with some of Mitchell's past behaviour wouldn't say he can't coach. So when everyone and their dog could see Steadman was tearing Scotch a newie for him not to move his best ruckman into the fray is beyond belief.

Also, Jamo said so post game.

Even those who have issues with some of Mitchell's past behaviour wouldn't say he can't coach. So when everyone and their dog could see Steadman was tearing Scotch a newie for him not to move his best ruckman into the fray is beyond belief.

I certainly have had issues. What went on there earlier this year was a disgrace. However, it doesn’t seem to have done the damage to the club that I thought it would. Seniors go up and Unders win a flag. That said, the gap between 3-4 in b this year was ginormous. Mitchell took over in a position where it was going to be pretty hard not to go up.
Won’t be surprised to see Will Mitchell win B&F if coach is involved in voting. Just saying..

It’s because Mitchell can’t coach (very well).

I certainly have had issues. What went on there earlier this year was a disgrace. However, it doesn’t seem to have done the damage to the club that I thought it would. Seniors go up and Unders win a flag. That said, the gap between 3-4 in b this year was ginormous. Mitchell took over in a position where it was going to be pretty hard not to go up.
Won’t be surprised to see Will Mitchell win B&F if coach is involved in voting. Just saying..
I don't know Mitchell personally so pillorying someone on the basis of hearsay I'll leave to others.

I had a gander at the game following the upheaval to see if the scuttlebutt suggesting it was going to result in a modern day Armageddon would unfold. Officials not speaking to one another, player walk outs, a dysfunctional on field outfit et al. Witnessed none of it.

I've heard him address the players on more than one occasion and I thought he spoke well and had a handle on the on-field issues each time.

Mitchell took over an outfit in a state of turmoil and has guided them into Prem 'A' with the potential of a flag to boot. Not bad form for a not very good coach.

Please don't suggest that when it came to a choice between Bower and Mitchell the decision was solely financial because Scotch is in fine fettle in that regard. They went with Mitchell. Just what the root cause of the turmoil was depends on to whom you talk I've found.

Oh, and I've seen no evidence the players haven't given 100% to the cause in the two finals so far.

I don't know Mitchell personally so pillorying someone on the basis of hearsay I'll leave to others.

I had a gander at the game following the upheaval to see if the scuttlebutt suggesting it was going to result in a modern day Armageddon would unfold. Officials not speaking to one another, player walk outs, a dysfunctional on field outfit et al. Witnessed none of it.

I've heard him address the players on more than one occasion and I thought he spoke well and had a handle on the on-field issues each time.

Mitchell took over an outfit in a state of turmoil and has guided them into Prem 'A' with the potential of a flag to boot. Not bad form for a not very good coach.

Please don't suggest that when it came to a choice between Bower and Mitchell the decision was solely financial because Scotch is in fine fettle in that regard. They went with Mitchell. Just what the root cause of the turmoil was depends on to whom you talk I've found.

Oh, and I've seen no evidence the players haven't given 100% to the cause in the two finals so far.

I agree with almost all of the above. But Mitchell took over a side with a list that was 250% better than any other team in B Grade, other than Caul and Blacks. The team was flying. At absolute worst he was going to make a Prelim. As Blacks had lost a few early, he really had to lose two finals to not get Scotch up to A. We will see how good a coach he is next year. Bit of an average bloke, as is his boy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with almost all of the above. But Mitchell took over a side with a list that was 250% better than any other team in B Grade, other than Caul and Blacks. The team was flying. At absolute worst he was going to make a Prelim. As Blacks had lost a few early, he really had to lose two finals to not get Scotch up to A. We will see how good a coach he is next year. Bit of an average bloke, as is his boy.

No idea on whether the Mitchell’s are good, bad or indifferent.

However I got the impression he may not be coaching next year. Well not Old Scotch at least.

Go Cardies!

KxqLtLD.jpg

Shaping to be a classic on sat.

What is everyone thinking? How bashed up are the Scotchies from their epic win last week? Can the Fields use their week off to advantage and run over the top? Stars everywhere - this will be a cracker

Shaping to be a classic on sat.

What is everyone thinking? How bashed up are the Scotchies from their epic win last week? Can the Fields use their week off to advantage and run over the top? Stars everywhere - this will be a cracker

I stick fat with my boys and say the Fields will get up. They'll get away in the last quarter after it being tight up to that point.

I don't believe the Cardinals picked up any extra injuries, but the week off has to help the Fields.

I'll be really interested to see where Downie lines up. Is he injured? OR Did Mitchell just like him forward against Blacks?

Rumour on another competitions forum that Mitchell is off to Northcote Park.

Max "Rumour is fact" Leader
Not sure why any club would want someone who "can’t coach (very well)" Maxwell. ;)

I guess if the Cardinals get over the line this weekend for the first time in donkeys he's done his job.

Not sure why any club would want someone who "can’t coach (very well)" Maxwell. ;)

I guess if the Cardinals get over the line this weekend for the first time in donkeys he's done his job.

If true - then Scotch will have lost two senior coaches in 4 months.

What a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back