B Section Premier B 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I expect it has grass. Unlike Brighton.

Not disputing it is unusual (Never been there) but no fence is not all that uncommon. In 2019 Premier De La, Carey, Trinity and St.Kevins did not have a fence.
Last time I was there St Bernard’s didn’t have one either.

But I expect it has grass. Unlike Brighton.

Not disputing it is unusual (Never been there) but no fence is not all that uncommon. In 2019 Premier De La, Carey, Trinity and St.Kevins did not have a fence.
Fearon sits on a weird angle in the middle of a much larger grassed area, with a lacrosse ground closer to the beach, but the really weird part perceptionally is that because the whole ground is so open within the space, if it weren’t for the oval markings, you’d have no idea where you are. Also the council guys are pretty liberal with the markings of the boundary - reckon they pick the guy with the worst hangover to re-mark the boundary each week.

Carey, Bernards, Trinity, De La, etc have their grounds bordered by stands, change rooms and natural boundaries like hills. Fearon isn’t situated that way at all.

No other set up like this god forsaken place.
Sounds absolutely fantastic. Can’t wait until we play out there!

I guess at the end the day there are goal posts at each end and 18 players on field . Looking forward to checking out some new venues, no matter how bad.

Fearon sits on a weird angle in the middle of a much larger grassed area, with a lacrosse ground closer to the beach, but the really weird part perceptionally is that because the whole ground is so open within the space, if it weren’t for the oval markings, you’d have no idea where you are. Also the council guys are pretty liberal with the markings of the boundary - reckon they pick the guy with the worst hangover to re-mark the boundary each week.

Carey, Bernards, Trinity, De La, etc have their grounds bordered by stands, change rooms and natural boundaries like hills. Fearon isn’t situated that way at all.
That's the thing about the CY's - We don't set boundaries!

[/QUOTE]
Also the council guys are pretty liberal with the markings of the boundary - reckon they pick the guy with the worst hangover to re-mark the boundary each week.

Hedge - We actually sub contract our line marker guys out - Here's an example of their earlier work - this time at Hampton Rovers!

image.png

Also the council guys are pretty liberal with the markings of the boundary - reckon they pick the guy with the worst hangover to re-mark the boundary each week.

Hedge - We actually sub contract our line marker guys out - Here's an example of their earlier work - this time at Hampton Rovers!

View attachment 768458
[/QUOTE]
I like it!
Mind you it could be explained by the need to move goal posts/square location to avoid excessive wear?

Lol! Makes me feel a lot better about mine. I stress if the machine hits a grass clump and puts a visible kink. I also put in a short line 10m from the kickoff line so the umpires didn't have to guess where to stand the mark after a behind - did any other grounds do that?

Mind you, I still have to wonder about the "goal square" at TH King one day, 9m on one side and 10m the other. Sense of humour failure from the SKOBnoscenti when I pointed it out and jokingly said I'd have to report it for incorrect ground marking. I guess the constant flow of bullshit fines from HO detracted from the fun.

View attachment 768458
I like it!
Mind you it could be explained by the need to move goal posts/square location to avoid excessive wear?
[/QUOTE]
Rumour has it that they only realized the mistake after the boundary umpire had run into the point post a couple of times!

Reckon going to the Fearon might be an eye-opener for some. And bring on the Beauy/De La/Willi jumper clashes lol

As a long time Williamstown resident who played cricket and lacrosse at the Fearon, I am genuinely surprised that the VAFA allow the CYs to play home games there. Especially now they are in the Premier divisions. I would have thought that they would have been forced to play at either Morris Street (Williamstown VFL ground) or Bayview Street (Willy Juniors home ground).

As bad as the Fearon is for football, it is even worse for cricket when there are 2 games on, and you get weird shaped grounds with the shared boundary.

1571784870963.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fearon is a complete turdhole for footy and cricket , the only good thing is the Lacrosse as you can get a beer, burger or snag.
Fearon is a complete turdhole for footy and cricket, the only good thing is the Lacrosse as you can get a beer, burger or snag.
No other set up like this god forsaken place.
[/QUOTE] You and your new mate just bring this down to a new level.
[/QUOTE] Now you have lost the plot, Ormond was resurfaced 5 years ago and was a great surface all year, just show what trolling is like!

So Bedford, you feel that it's fair to castigate the SFL and Williamstown, but don't p!ss on my sacred Ormond.

I fail to agree with any of your most recent posts about Williamstown. The Fearon is indeed different, but that's the way Willi people, and the players like it.
On the eastern side we have the Botanic Gardens, one of the best in the State, and the south side is a very safe beach and (almost) always has a 'clean' EPA report.
Does Ormond have a Botanical Gardens?
Does Ormond have a safe and clean beach?
Does Ormond have a row of houses (like the Fearon has) facing the Gunn all of which are valued at, and sell for $2m+.
Is Ormond traffic-light free?

Have you noticed that the Willi posters NEVER sling off at other leagues or other clubs.

FYI

So Bedford, you feel that it's fair to castigate the SFL and Williamstown, but don't p!ss on my sacred Ormond.
I fail to agree with any of your most recent posts about Williamstown. The Fearon is indeed different, but that's the way Willi people, and the players like it.
On the eastern side we have the Botanic Gardens, one of the best in the State, and the south side is a very safe beach and (almost) always has a 'clean' EPA report.
Does Ormond have a Botanical Gardens?
Does Ormond have a safe and clean beach?
Does Ormond have a row of houses (like the Fearon has) facing the Gunn all of which are valued at, and sell for $2m+.
Is Ormond traffic-light free?
Have you noticed that the Willi posters NEVER sling off at other leagues or other clubs.
Until now that is :D

Beat me to it JJ , been an interesting off season on here with some new posters .

Sure has mate. Things have certainly livened up. I like it. However would welcome some actual footy talk, particularly on all matters B grade.

Very un-Williamstown like to pot other clubs and suburbs. Beautiful part of the world down there and very much looking forward to my first visit to Fearon in 2020.

Sure has mate. Things have certainly livened up. I like it. However would welcome some actual footy talk, particularly on all matters B grade.

Very un-Williamstown like to pot other clubs and suburbs. Beautiful part of the world down there and very much looking forward to my first visit to Fearon in 2020.
Is the Willie timekeeper allowed back on the club rooms side yet?

Is it not the truth ?

After knocking you blokes off in the first semi and you guys barely making it out of the prelim alive, I was hoping that was the last we had heard from you Bedford. Sounds like there are plenty of issues happening down at your club at the moment, so best you head back to the C Grade page and workout how you are going to earn your way here next year.

After knocking you blokes off in the first semi and you guys barely making it out of the prelim alive, I was hoping that was the last we had heard from you Bedford. Sounds like there are plenty of issues happening down at your club at the moment, so best you head back to the C Grade page and workout how you are going to earn your way here next year.

Haha

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back