Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CARLTON2011

Team Captain
Feb 20, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Bloody hard to talk footy when there is none so I guess the only relevant conversation (as discussed on the other board) is to speculate about if and when we will get a start. While my heart hopes that on the back of recent reductions we can get in a 9 round season my head says it is probably unlikely.

How do clubs think this will impact on their own circumstances? At my club I reckon a few veterans were hanging on for one more season as we thought we were a genuine chance for some silverware. I wonder if they will go around again in 2021. Same with new recruits. Will the lay-off give the paying comps a chance to have another crack. I guess only time will tell.

If we do start and based on our current list we will do well. However surely a truncated season will see no promotion or relegation, which is only fair in my view.

Article in todays paper says all EFL Clubs were surveyed with almost half voting to abandon the season now.
Their biggest problem is if no crowd is allowed it takes all their revenue raising power.

Article in todays paper says all EFL Clubs were surveyed with almost half voting to abandon the season now.
Their biggest problem is if no crowd is allowed it takes all their revenue raising power.

VAFA has a survey out now apparently? Does it ask clubs whether they want to abandon as well? Guess uni teams will struggle with students returning to the country because courses are online meaning fewer players available?

VAFA has a survey out now apparently? Does it ask clubs whether they want to abandon as well? Guess uni teams will struggle with students returning to the country because courses are online meaning fewer players available?
Very few Uni players are international students. No issue with player numbers at all.

Very few Uni players are international students. No issue with player numbers at all.
Is that sarcasm or a totally misunderstanding? Country students meaning country Victoria.

If they’ve got no physical classes to attend and are not allowed/have no reason to reside on campus, that’s a lot of pairs of boots not getting washed in Carlton/Parkville/Clayton.

Is that sarcasm or a totally misunderstanding? Country students meaning country Victoria.

If they’ve got no physical classes to attend and are not allowed/have no reason to reside on campus, that’s a lot of pairs of boots not getting washed in Carlton/Parkville/Clayton.
Simple misunderstanding Hedge. Reading your comment again makes much more sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back