Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ajax
Beaumaris
De La Salle
Fitzroy
Monash Blues (Promoted as Premier of C)
Old Geelong (Promoted from C as runner up)
Old Trinity (Relegated from Premier)
St Bedes/Mentone Tigers
St. Bernards (Relegated from Premier)
Williamstown CYMS

Good Luck to all teams in season 2023!

OGS off to a strong start to their 2023 Prem B campaign. Nick Dixon to be playing coach. Ex- Essendon VFL & more recently North Shore in GFL.

WOW! Hearing J Williams and S Williams have retired from DLS and current best and fairest H Nicolson is out the door also. May need to recruit plenty to go well in 23.

WOW! Hearing J Williams and S Williams have retired from DLS and current best and fairest H Nicolson is out the door also. May need to recruit plenty to go well in 23.

The williams boys is not much of a surprise. They have both given their heart and soul to the club and them both stepping away would not be begrudged by anyone. Nicco would be a huge gap to fill, beebee gun any idea where he's off too?

While these threads often cover off on-field trials and tribulations, it was fantastic to receive an e-mail from Dairy Bell this week announcing that Phil "The Power" Proy has been announced as the new president of De La.

Those that have been in and around ammo footy for a long time would know the wonderful contribution that Phil has already made to the club (often behind the bar) and his passion to see the Blue and Gold once again gracing Premier grade and aiming for our first top flight flag since 1991.

Phil will be well supported by one of the best football administrators going around in Jenny Loughnan as VP, long standing treasurer Roy Micklejohn and Secretary Simon Forer round out the top 4.

Fantastic appointments indeed.

The williams boys is not much of a surprise. They have both given their heart and soul to the club and them both stepping away would not be begrudged by anyone.
God Yeah Advice I have is that Nicho has retired due to expanding work interests and is not intending to play elsewhere. Understand that both he and Sam Williams hung them up post 2021 but were coaxed into going around one more time. Both would have to be north of 30 with Sam Perhaps 34-35? Will leave a massive hole that’s for sure. I am told that Jake Williams is likely to play in 2023 and it is the older brother Luke who has retired. With all due respect to Luke, who was good enough to play many seniors games in Premier A, he is now a veteran who primarily bides his time in ressies. Another great clubmen all the same and will be missed.

Last edited:
Josh Bourke announced as Beaumaris Senior Coach with Steve Milne, Nick Moodie & Mick Lovejoy on board as assistants. Fair bit of talent there; hopefully will see the Sharks thereabouts again after the 2022 season fell off the rails towards the end

Josh Bourke announced as Beaumaris Senior Coach with Steve Milne, Nick Moodie & Mick Lovejoy on board as assistants. Fair bit of talent there; hopefully will see the Sharks thereabouts again after the 2022 season fell off the rails towards the end
I see that Beauy has stolen the young ruckman from Ormond, poor form IMO, surely their club is big enough to not rob from other teams.

Mr Bourke just adding another club and institution that doesn’t rate him.

I see that Beauy has stolen the young ruckman from Ormond, poor form IMO, surely their club is big enough to not rob from other teams.

Maybe the young Ruckman wants to play B Grade or higher , Bourke was at Dragons obviously, what other Clubs has he been at ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where else are clubs to get rated players from, you can’t knock the player for going up a grade.

Disappointing response.

If your club was targeting someone from Premier B or Premier C it would be lauded as great recruiting and a coup for the club.

He's a parasite , first hour he was calling players from C clubs . If it was A grade i would understand . Hope they go backwards

I notice Steve Alessio has got the Snowdogs job. Reckon the matches between them and CYs would be interesting as many on both sides have been playing junior footy in the WRFL juniors against each other for years!
There's no animosity between the two clubs.

Ormond has been known to try and poach players from my club over the years. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
Are you okay , never has happened your 10 team combine is back into it again taking Ormond juniors out for dinner and getting your kids to bully them at Mac Secondary !

Are you okay , never has happened your 10 team combine is back into it again taking Ormond juniors out for dinner and getting your kids to bully them at Mac Secondary !
All I’m saying is that all coaches try and poach pre season. That’s their job. With juniors we have to do what we can because clubs in the area including yours have prevented us from entering juniors into their comps. So we do what we have to. I wonder if your coach has tried to recruit pre season.

All I’m saying is that all coaches try and poach pre season. That’s their job. With juniors we have to do what we can because clubs in the area including yours have prevented us from entering juniors into their comps. So we do what we have to. I wonder if your coach has tried to recruit pre season.
Well why post bullcrap , it's the way your club goes about it pressuring kids at school , just say come for one year . Also certain people at the combine need to pull back on comments about certain people than at not correct and could end up in courts , that's how desperate you are !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back