B Section Premier B - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Tips will be updated.
I lose tip , but happy

With the Beaumaris finding being handed down, De La could be on the receiving end from a club with everything to prove. Could be a spicy clash at Dairy Bell tomorrow.

De La have done themselves no favours these last 2 weeks, dropped games against Willy and OG's. Knowing this finding was the most likely occurrence they missed a trick by not strengthening their position in the 4. Looking at the fixtures I can't see De La making it now.

With the Beaumaris finding being handed down, De La could be on the receiving end from a club with everything to prove. Could be a spicy clash at Dairy Bell tomorrow.

De La have done themselves no favours these last 2 weeks, dropped games against Willy and OG's. Knowing this finding was the most likely occurrence they missed a trick by not strengthening their position in the 4. Looking at the fixtures I can't see De La making it now.
And Beaumaris have beaten 1st and 2nd placed sides recently so in form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went early and couldn't have been more wrong.

Credit to my boys, I certainly didn't see that result coming.

Went early and couldn't have been more wrong.

Credit to my boys, I certainly didn't see that result coming.
Hard to beat at home GY, but we go missing on the road. Make it difficult for ourselves by continually dropping away games against teams below us on the ladder. As such have no confidence about this weeks game at Trinity. Maybe ever so slight favourites V St Bedes in Rd 17 but Roy's away in Rd 18 is an L for mine. A must win this week if we want to play in September.

Fair to say the VAFA tribunal is a strange one.
Fitzroy player, after tackling a Bernards player, shoved him forcefully in the chest with an open palm. Silly act, but STB player was fine, no carry on, and was awarded a free kick.
BUT .. ump thought it was a clenched fist and sent Roys player off.
Was offered three match suspension. Understandably, decided to front the tribunal. Both players and two witness players standing nearby said it was an open hand, nothing in it. Ump said it was a right-hand punch (Player is a leftie). Tribunal deliberated for one minute and found him guilty, then added another match due to suspension in 2019.
Four matches for a shove.
Club immediately began process of lodging an appeal. Was informed by VAFA it is not allowed to appeal.
(Funny, as Fitzroy found out one-hour before its 2022 semi-final that a gun Haileybury forward had successfully appealed a suspension and was playing).

Fitzroy need to add either 'Old', 'School', 'College' or 'Grammarians' to their name ... then they'll get a fair go!

After all, you guys "are the boys from Old Fitzroy", wearing the colours maroon and blue ...
Thought they were part of the elite circle having derived from University Reds?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back