B Section Premier B - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge round of football

OG's to keep there season alive
Snowdogs in a canter
Beaumaris
Fitzroy

And in the match of the day, vying for the Lasallian Cup in a front of a huge crowd and almost guarantee a finals berth.

De La

I'll be there, shiny boots and all, for the very last time. A must-win game for both sides.

What is the general opinion on the Premier B notes in this weeks Ammo?
Let's be honest, the VAFA write-ups are simply a rehash of best players/goalkickers/ladder. Writers don't strike me as people who ever watch games in their sections, or have a clue who any of the players are. I have never read one of those write-ups and learned anything I didn't know from perusing the scores on Sat evening. Same on the podcast.

TIPS

ROUND 17
Old Geelong
St Bernards
Fitzroy
Beauy 47ers
De La Salle

ROUND 18
Beauy 47ers
St Bedes
Fitzroy
OG
Bernards

So Beaumaris decision stands and good
As in the appeal ?
Let's be honest, the VAFA write-ups are simply a rehash of best players/goalkickers/ladder. Writers don't strike me as people who ever watch games in their sections, or have a clue who any of the players are. I have never read one of those write-ups and learned anything I didn't know from perusing the scores on Sat evening. Same on the podcast.

TIPS

ROUND 17
Old Geelong
St Bernards
Fitzroy
Beauy 47ers
De La Salle

ROUND 18
Beauy 47ers
St Bedes
Fitzroy
OG
Bernards
Beauy 47ers Ha! They’re still saying they’re not guilty on Club page on Instagram

What a brilliant day of footy at Dairy Bell (or should it be at Nondescript Block of Flats now?).

20 minutes before St Bedes fired a shot, then trailed to be 13-10-88 to 7-1-43 at three quarter time, then banged in a just-touched-the-post and seven unanswered goals in the last, leaving De La winners by 3 points.

It's what VAFA footy is all about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a brilliant day of footy at Dairy Bell (or should it be at Nondescript Block of Flats now?).

20 minutes before St Bedes fired a shot, then trailed to be 13-10-88 to 7-1-43 at three quarter time, then banged in a just-touched-the-post and seven unanswered goals in the last, leaving De La winners by 3 points.

Agree Over The Post, a great comeback by St Bedes in the last quarter made it a thrilling finish in front of a very good sized crowd.

You certainly had a tough job in the last quarter.

It was VAFA footy at its best.

Was gonna say that score on the website after the game looked wrong from when we read it out at the Fearon!

Fantastic crowd down by the seaside (!) for what ended up being a great match. Willi has to be pleased with how they have recovered after their slow start to the year.

But Fitzroy have virtually locked down the double chance with a week to go.

Was a total domination to that stage OTP. 23 shots to 8 and it was only the Tigers accuracy (7.1) and De La’s inaccuracy that prevented an even bigger lead. However a completely different game in the last. A gentle breeze favouring the playground end stiffened slightly but not enough to justify a 7 goal to 0 quarter. The young Footscray VFL tall really got hold of us and almost won it off his own boot. Like many we are fielding a very young team this year and form has wavered week to week and within games. When momentum has turned we have struggled to pull it back.

Overall a great effort to finish 3rd and lock in finals in a season where not much was expected. If we can keep this group together (which i$ alway$ the challenge) the next few years look bright. Miles off ‘A’ grade at the moment so mixed feeling about progressing to a GF but if you get there you just never know. In reality St Bernards head and shoulders above rest.

Where you in the firing line in the last or spectating from the other end?

EDIT: Very presumptuous of me to claim are locked in finals berth. OGs massive win v Monash has opened the door for them to go past us on % as they have the Jackas next week. DLS need to knock off the Roys away to be certain. Despite the 4 points yesterday, the last Q fade out really hurt our % and might prove costly.

Last edited:
Was a total domination to that stage OTP. 23 shots to 8 and it was only the Tigers accuracy (7.1) and De La’s inaccuracy that prevented an even bigger lead. However a completely different game in the last. A gentle breeze favouring the playground end stiffened slightly but not enough to justify a 7 goal to 0 quarter. The young Footscray VFL tall really got hold of us and almost won it off his own boot. Like many we are fielding a very young team this year and form has wavered week to week and within games. When momentum has turned we have struggled to pull it back.

Overall a great effort to finish 3rd and lock in finals in a season where not much was expected. If we can keep this group together (which i$ alway$ the challenge) the next few years look bright. Miles off ‘A’ grade at the moment so mixed feeling about progressing to a GF but if you get there you just never know. In reality St Bernards head and shoulders above rest.

Where you in the firing line in the last or spectating from the other end?
I'm not so sure De La have locked in a finals berth. Only a game and less than 4% above Old Geelong who play AJAX next week and De La have to play Fitzroy away. A win will certainly mean finals, but a loss and it will come down to percentage against Old Geelong who you assume will defeat AJAX.

I'm not so sure De La have locked in a finals berth. Only a game and less than 4% above Old Geelong who play AJAX next week and De La have to play Fitzroy away. A win will certainly mean finals, but a loss and it will come down to percentage against Old Geelong who you assume will defeat AJAX.
Correct PM. Note my 'edit' comment above. OGs massive win and our last quarter fade out might prove costly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back