B Section Premier B - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing that they have such a big junior club and 2 under 17 sides each year but still can’t field a 19s team.

We most likely could have another U19 side again in 2024 I assume, but the 'Gold Thirds' (Prem side) came from a core of U19s pre-pandemic who drifted back as we were able to play again - the age range for most of their squad was solidly below 21 by the time 2021 arrived and they all wanted to play together again so we decided to run another Thirds side instead.

Let's be honest, the VAFA write-ups are simply a rehash of best players/goalkickers/ladder. Writers don't strike me as people who ever watch games in their sections, or have a clue who any of the players are. I have never read one of those write-ups and learned anything I didn't know from perusing the scores on Sat evening. Same on the podcast.

TIPS

ROUND 17
Old Geelong
St Bernards
Fitzroy
Beauy 47ers
De La Salle

ROUND 18
Beauy 47ers
St Bedes
Fitzroy
OG
Bernards
I'm not sure about this, I reckon he speaks to the coaches as well, gets their perspective and credit to him. I'm sure that these roles are all voluntary too, so I wouldn't be expecting ground breaking analysis, but it is good for what it's for, a quick match summary and summary of any highlights.

I saw Josh and Joey on Saturday doing their broadcast too, the VAFA is better for having people like them, and those who have done this sort of voluntary calling and match report writing, deserve an applause for that.

If you want detailed analysis and insight, go to the club's newsletter.

What a conclusion to the H & A season. 4 teams vying for the final spots on the ladder and all deserving of a top 4 finish. Well done to the Snowdogs, Fitzroy, De La and Beaumaris on successful seasons. STBMT and OG's very unlucky to miss out by the smallest of margins.

Credit must go to the St. Bernards, the best team all year and a deserved minor premier. A class above the other teams in Prem B and I'm sure everyones tip to win the flag.

Condolences must go to Ajax and Monash who certainly had seasons they'd rather forget.

Welcome back OH and Caulfield, hopefully some of those scholarship players flow through to the VAFA ranks.

Finals Predictions - Snow Dogs to win it all with Fitzroy joining them in Prem A for season 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a conclusion to the H & A season. 4 teams vying for the final spots on the ladder and all deserving of a top 4 finish. Well done to the Snowdogs, Fitzroy, De La and Beaumaris on successful seasons. STBMT and OG's very unlucky to miss out by the smallest of margins.

Credit must go to the St. Bernards, the best team all year and a deserved minor premier. A class above the other teams in Prem B and I'm sure everyones tip to win the flag.

Condolences must go to Ajax and Monash who certainly had seasons they'd rather forget.

Welcome back OH and Caulfield, hopefully some of those scholarship players flow through to the VAFA ranks.

Finals Predictions - Snow Dogs to win it all with Fitzroy joining them in Prem A for season 2024.
I think based on last weekend's results that De La will win a couple on the bounce and meet St Bernards in the grand final.

Agree with everything you say GY, except Fitzroy going up. Have been on them most of the year but their form of late has been very patchy. Completely dismantled by DLS on Saturday and had the kicking yips not afflicted us once again it would have been a considerably bigger margin. Reckon the winner of the 1st semi this week b/t Beaumaris and DLS joins St Bernard’s in A grade. Might be wrong but Beaumaris have their mojo back and think they get up this week and then the win the preliminary against Fitzroy. Had they not had those points trouble they would have finished 2nd which is a good indication of where they are at.

I remain somewhat torn with progressing our season beyond the prelim. As much I would like to get to a GF and have a shot at a flag, we are miles off being an ‘A’ grade club. A good young list but at this stage we would get monstered by the better teams in Premier. Depth is ordinary as seen by the reserves results this year. To lose a GF and end up in Premier would actually set us back I reckon. Another year or 2 in B grade with a focus on retaining the current group and we would be good to go.

New to most of the Ammo’s forums this year but sort of follow STBMT due to knowing a few of the lads and past players. Anyway ended up winning the B grade tipping. Is there any prizes for this or was it just a bit of fun? Not sure how it all works? Cheers guys 🍻

New to most of the Ammo’s forums this year but sort of follow STBMT due to knowing a few of the lads and past players. Anyway ended up winning the B grade tipping. Is there any prizes for this or was it just a bit of fun? Not sure how it all works? Cheers guys 🍻
You’ll need to work out how to spend your massive cash prize

Remove this Banner Ad

Back