B Section Premier B - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Leo Connolly announced by De La yesterday, a very handy pick up. Spent 3 years at the Saints but only played 7 games in that time, runner up in Sandringham's B&F last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's on the verge of going into recess with those numbers. Surely a club can't be decimated to those levels in the space of 3 months.
If this was to happen, the former coach would have seen two clubs going to into recess.
Not insinuating anything as I know nothing of either situation, but its a hell of a coincidence....or is it just back luck?

But it was Simon Cormie who last coached Old Mentone and nothing wrong with him
Steve D'Andrea coached Old Mentone until 2021. Recess in 2023.
Do you know anything about him? Good coach? Seemed to have St Bedes up and running last year but then the exodus of players.

only played 7 games , 7 more than us.
Yes in the scheme of AFL recruits to the ammos he not a huge name but has been a very good VFL player for a couple of years. Expect he will do very well in the B grade. A very promising young list that lacked some star quality so Connelly will certainly help.

Sad what’s happening at St Bedes. A kick away from finals last year with a good numbers, multiple U19s, a junior feeder, a big school affiliate and decent facilities (albeit a smallish ground). Must be something that led to this exodus. Any insights?

Yes in the scheme of AFL recruits to the ammos he not a huge name but has been a very good VFL player for a couple of years. Expect he will do very well in the B grade. A very promising young list that lacked some star quality so Connelly will certainly help.

Sad what’s happening at St Bedes. A kick away from finals last year with a good numbers, multiple U19s, a junior feeder, a big school affiliate and decent facilities (albeit a smallish ground). Must be something that led to this exodus. Any insights?
From what I've heard it is likely that STBM players and coach weren't all on the same page, hence the exodus.

It is never a pretty sight to see. Hopefully they can regroup with a younger brigade of players and propel themselves forward in 2024.

You would hope so . Have you lost Tommy O'Sullivan ?
TOS only played a handful of games last year due to his body. I don't know if he's going around again or not as his business soaks up most his time (as it should). I did see Hugh Sandilands (who played some great footy last year) was at pre-season training already, so it's awesome to have his experience again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back