B Section Premier B - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Leo Connolly announced by De La yesterday, a very handy pick up. Spent 3 years at the Saints but only played 7 games in that time, runner up in Sandringham's B&F last season.
He’s a lovely kid to boot, SKOB Old Boy Walshy bringing the goods to Dairy Bell!

TOS only played a handful of games last year due to his body. I don't know if he's going around again or not as his business soaks up most his time (as it should). I did see Hugh Sandilands (who played some great footy last year) was at pre-season training already, so it's awesome to have his experience again.
Good man Tos

I think you'll find it's the local Wangaratta Optus shop, but I agree, they must not have a salary cap up there.
Yeah, right, I thought maybe that might be the case but wasn't sure if the shop could authorize the companies logo being on a football Guernsey lol

A lot of the gun Murray bushrangers end up staying for huge cash even if they have moved to melbourne, plus if they played juniors there they are only 1 point of course

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one asked for it, but I've done it anyway.

2024 ladder prediction

1 Beaumaris
2 De La Salle
3 Old Haileybury
4 Old Geelong
5 Caulfield
6 Old Ivanhoe
7 Hedge Burners
8 Williamstown
9 Old Camberwell
10 St Bedes

Beaumaris - had it not been for the player points fiasco they should have finished top 2 and a potential promotion
De La - Showed some great signs last season and are honest as the day is long. Any list improvement and they are top 2 lock
OH - Unlucky not to avoid the drop, only % will keep them out of the top 2 come seasons end. A very good outfit that if 2022 form is shown will be right in the mix for a quick return.
OG's - Was really impressed by there output in B last season after being promoted. Fell away a little towards the end of the season to miss out on finals. Any sign of an uptick and they are a lock for the 4.
CG - All depends on who is still on the list, only the one win last season. I may have them higher than they should be, but I'll back them in.
OI - A club that we welcome back to B after a number of years in the wilderness, always tough to beat at Pine Lodge and often a bigger bodied side that prevails in the heavy conditions. Could be a smoky for the 4!
Hedge Burners - Always competitive, possibly another rebuilding year, will pull off an upset but also be upset themselves during the year.
Willi - 6 goal better side at home, 10 goal worse side away from it. Unless they have tapped into the VFL side for a few nominated players I think it's a mid/lower table finish once again
OC's - The unknown quantity, personally never seen them play or played against them, the gap from C to B isn't as big as people think but I've got them troubling teams but not quite getting over the line, will be in a relegation scrap
St Bedes - From all reports they will have a very young side, a mass exodus over the summer could leave them a little thin on experience. Always tough to beat at home, but Prem C awaits them in 2025 (Maybe Bevo will be available to comeback?)

2024 ladder prediction

1 Beaumaris
2 De La Salle
3 Old Haileybury
4 Old Geelong
5 Caulfield
6 Old Ivanhoe
7 Hedge Burners
8 Williamstown
9 Old Camberwell
10 St Bedes

Beaumaris - had it not been for the player points fiasco they should have finished top 2 and a potential promotion
De La - Showed some great signs last season and are honest as the day is long. Any list improvement and they are top 2 lock
OH - Unlucky not to avoid the drop, only % will keep them out of the top 2 come seasons end. A very good outfit that if 2022 form is shown will be right in the mix for a quick return.
OG's - Was really impressed by there output in B last season after being promoted. Fell away a little towards the end of the season to miss out on finals. Any sign of an uptick and they are a lock for the 4.
CG - All depends on who is still on the list, only the one win last season. I may have them higher than they should be, but I'll back them in.
OI - A club that we welcome back to B after a number of years in the wilderness, always tough to beat at Pine Lodge and often a bigger bodied side that prevails in the heavy conditions. Could be a smoky for the 4!
Hedge Burners - Always competitive, possibly another rebuilding year, will pull off an upset but also be upset themselves during the year.
Willi - 6 goal better side at home, 10 goal worse side away from it. Unless they have tapped into the VFL side for a few nominated players I think it's a mid/lower table finish once again
OC's - The unknown quantity, personally never seen them play or played against them, the gap from C to B isn't as big as people think but I've got them troubling teams but not quite getting over the line, will be in a relegation scrap
St Bedes - From all reports they will have a very young side, a mass exodus over the summer could leave them a little thin on experience. Always tough to beat at home, but Prem C awaits them in 2025 (Maybe Bevo will be available to comeback?)
Good to start the way too early predictions

1 Old Haileybury - While there are so many Seculls, they'll go close
2 De La Salle - Building and topping up nicely
3 Old Ivanhoe - Could really shake it up and flying as a club (loads of depth)
4 Caulfield - If top end stays fit they'll be in the mix (depth an issue still)
5 Beaumaris - Could easily make top 4, if they haven't lost any more talent
6 Old Geelong - Could also make the 4 if things go there way
7 Hedge Burners - They'll surprise plenty but are still on the rebuild
8 Williamstown - Never sure. Lots of depth, just not sure they have enough top end talent
9 Old Camberwell - Did well to come up, but this is harder
10 St Bedes - Just lost too many senior players

2024 ladder prediction

1 Beaumaris
2 De La Salle
3 Old Haileybury
4 Old Geelong
5 Caulfield
6 Old Ivanhoe
7 Hedge Burners
8 Williamstown
9 Old Camberwell
10 St Bedes

what will the finals look like to you? I think i have the same top 4 with De La beating OH in the granny

So where will DL's improvement come from ?

While all recruits haven't yet been announced as yet, I'd say the improvement will stem from list retention and an improvement in that young list that was very very competitive last season.

While this isn't exclusive to our club, I can see De La being ahead of the pack in 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back