B Section Premier B - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The Pine Lodge to be no more.

By the start of 2026, there will be a massive upgrade with a total development of the much loved and much maligned pine structure.

Hopefully there is spare change for lights.

🙏🙏🙏🤞🤞🤞

Ample time for a new nickname to be associated with the ground.

Besides the Hedge Burners and Dairy Bell (even that's now gone) we are a little short on the unofficial nicknames for clubs/grounds in Prem B

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All quiet here. Any news on recruits, losses etc? How are the two relegated and promoted clubs looking? OI have a team that should be able to compete in B but have lost Naish

The Pine Lodge to be no more.

By the start of 2026, there will be a massive upgrade with a total development of the much loved and much maligned pine structure.

Hopefully there is spare change for lights.

🙏🙏🙏🤞🤞🤞

I would have got lights done first. Memories of that game that was called off at 5.20 a few years back still linger Max!

Think St Bedes might surprise a few people
There was talk of mass defections in the off season, but it seems they have righted the ship. The rumour mill suggested player dissatisfaction with coach. He was re-appointed for 2024 but has since ‘stepped down’. Since then there has been an influx of players returning. Not sure if this is correct and perhaps those in know can clarify but either way the numbers are solid and the doom and gloom has been replaced with some optimism.

They were mid table last year and have still lost a few quality players so not sure they will contend, but always difficult to beat at home and will win more than they lose at Brindisi.

There was talk of mass defections in the off season, but it seems they have righted the ship. The rumour mill suggested player dissatisfaction with coach. He was re-appointed for 2024 but has since ‘stepped down’. Since then there has been an influx of players returning. Not sure if this is correct and perhaps those in know can clarify but either way the numbers are solid and the doom and gloom has been replaced with some optimism.

They were mid table last year and have still lost a few quality players so not sure they will contend, but always difficult to beat at home and will win more than they lose at Brindisi.
I heard it was some ressies returning from Mordy who i believe might have the same issues

Re: Players returning I think is the case. Josh Cowan was set to join his old man at Hawthorn but has since stayed put due to the perceived resurgence.
Crazy that the committee could be so unaligned with the playing group.

Re: Players returning I think is the case. Josh Cowan was set to join his old man at Hawthorn but has since stayed put due to the perceived resurgence.
Crazy that the committee could be so unaligned with the playing group.
The President’s (or ex President’s) son is a big loss. Kicks goals and is a difficult match up. Unless he has also had a change of heart, he is off to the SFL with a handful of other VFL listed lads. However the suggested deluge of outgoing clearances has not eventuated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back