Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 14 Tips
Mazenod to beat Rupertswood
Monash to be defeated by Marcellin
Old Camberwell to continue Hampton's woes
PEGs to be defeated at home by Parkdale Vultures
Fitzroy to win at home against Banyule

Results so far this season prove a win on the road is difficult with PEGs and Marcellin winning all home games so far, and Fitzroy, Mazenod, Old Camberwell and Parkdale only losing one home game each. Will be interesting to see if this trend continues with 5 rounds to go.

Well the athletics has finished for now so back to the tipping:

Mazenod vs Rupertswood
Monash Blues vs Marcellin
Old Camberwell vs Hampton Rovers
PEGS vs Parkdale
Fitzroy vs Banyule

Where is everyone - all hibernating from the wintery weather ?
Mmmm ..............

Okay, for Round 15:
Hampton Rovers vs PEGS
Monash Blues vs Mazenod
Old Camberwell vs Fitzroy
Marcellin vs Parkdale
Banyule vs Rupertswood

As I know the 45 Hampton Rovers Aliases are in hibernation this season (Pinot, Clutzy, Hawk09 (heh,heh) etc) I can say the following.

In venturing down to OB saturday i dropped by Boss oval and withour reservation I would have to say it is the best ground I have seen in VAFA for many a year. A BIRDIE told me they spent an extra $200k to get the right grass and it is a gem. The only all surface GREEN football ground I have seen for 3 years. The drainage is fantastic and the new cricket nets are the best I have seen. The new grass has absolutely enhance the size of the ground and makes for good clean football in any conditions.

Well done, credit where credit is due.

Cheers

"pass the medication'

CC

Might have a bit to do with none of them playing there anymore. Even though I was responsible for 95% of the aliases.

PEGS are a bit of a kryptonite for us this year. Not to detract from a good win, but we played some awful footy against them this year. Giving up 12 goals in the first quarter was always consigning us to another loss, but 6 goal to 3 second quarter gave us a slim hope of getting back into the game. To their credit they snuffed out any chance.

Looking fwd to seeing Parkdale again. I thought they were ok, but clearly top spot at the moment is better than just ok. From what we've seen so far and how results have gone it should be an exciting September with no clear favourite.

As I know the 45 Hampton Rovers Aliases are in hibernation this season (Pinot, Clutzy, Hawk09 (heh,heh) etc) I can say the following.

In venturing down to OB saturday i dropped by Boss oval and withour reservation I would have to say it is the best ground I have seen in VAFA for many a year. A BIRDIE told me they spent an extra $200k to get the right grass and it is a gem. The only all surface GREEN football ground I have seen for 3 years. The drainage is fantastic and the new cricket nets are the best I have seen. The new grass has absolutely enhance the size of the ground and makes for good clean football in any conditions.

Well done, credit where credit is due.

Cheers

"pass the medication'

CC
Except, Cardio get ready for this. The VAFA doesn't want any finals to be played at Boss James Reserve at all. It is incredible to think that here is the best surface in all of Melbourne in all types of weather, and it is continually getting praise from both teams-yet the VAFA wants to have finals at venues which are gated, and some of the surfaces at the grounds the VAFA would be using may not be up to standard. I reckon Boss James Reserve would've been an excellent finals venue for the VAFA.

Three rounds to go and still a host of teams vying for the last two finals spots. Should make for some interesting games this week at least with the 'Roys probably sewing up their spot.

Mazenod vs Banyule
Parkdale vs Hampton
PEGS vs Old Camberwell
Rupertswood vs Marcellin
Fitzroy vs Monash Blues

Any chance of an update Scribe on OC's perilious position, after starting the year so well.

Looking like another lost season for the Wellers in C Section.

Hi All,

It's time to put forward some nominations for the Premier C team of the year. Please let me know on this thread, or via PM, which players from your team (and ideally a few opponents) deserve consideration. Any further information that you can provide on the players you are nominating would be very handy.

Cheers,

Simon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fresh on the mind would be Rochford up front. Gun.
Barclay from Banyule in a pocket. Jet.
Jayaweera (Mazenod) in the other pocket.
#8 (I think?) from PEGS would be a walk up start on the wing.
Camberwell player off the back flank should get a nod.
Our boy Fletch would be very stiff to miss out. Not often a player gets attention every week in a side that's travelling the way we have.

What happened to the post about the Parky tribunal results?? Did someone from PEGS complain?? Again??
Not quite... but it has become a bit comical!

Parkdale requested an appeal to the original finding of 7 weeks - not totally unreasonable considering M. Grant has played for 16 years - at St Pats (VAFA - 1996), Sandringham VFL (1997-2004), Chelsea (2005-2009), Parkdale (2011) and never been reported before... plus it wasn't a head butt if your look at the video (conveniently supplied by PEGS).

Note: He wasn't reported by the umpires, and the other bloke in the 'chesting' was just as aggressive. He not only played out the rest of the game, but played the next week too - so was he injured - NO.

The comical faux pas was that the appeal was chaired a someone associated (rather closely) to PEGs.

Ooops! Is all I'm saying.

What are the VAFA doing about it?

I know Mark Fine from SEN follows Parkdale, I wonder if he knows about this debacle? Might give him and his show a call one night this week and give him the update on it.

I know Mark Fine from SEN follows Parkdale, I wonder if he knows about this debacle? Might give him and his show a call one night this week and give him the update on it.
I'm sure he'd love to hear all about it as this crap is stuff of a bygone era, not 2012!!

It needs to be made right, simple.

So Grant got 7 weeks? So when the 2 sides met earlier in the year, and the PEGs bloke ran from off the bench to nail Sean Chapman, off the ball (and not ready for the hit)… and put him in hospital for a week… and he missed 8 weeks of football… what was his sentence?

0 weeks, cos the Tribunal found that the damage to Sean was sustained when his head hit the ground…. What a laugh

Please, what are getting at here??? Obvious he did the crime, Eagles had a young fellow rubbed out last year ( and in turn deregistered ) for a punch to the guts!!!! So a head butt would be worth the 7 weeks.....
Anyway can someone enlighten me on the Eagles and how they have played in the last few weeks

Please, what are getting at here??? Obvious he did the crime, Eagles had a young fellow rubbed out last year ( and in turn deregistered ) for a punch to the guts!!!! So a head butt would be worth the 7 weeks.....
Anyway can someone enlighten me on the Eagles and how they have played in the last few weeks

Did the guy have priors to get deregistered - just asking?

Parkdale requested an appeal to the original finding of 7 weeks - not totally unreasonable considering M. Grant has played for 16 years - at St Pats (VAFA - 1996), Sandringham VFL (1997-2004), Chelsea (2005-2009), Parkdale (2011) and never been reported before... plus it wasn't a head butt if your look at the video (conveniently supplied by PEGS).

Note: He wasn't reported by the umpires, and the other bloke in the 'chesting' was just as aggressive. He not only played out the rest of the game, but played the next week too - so was he injured - NO.

The comical faux pas was that the appeal was chaired a someone associated (rather closely) to PEGs.

So, what you are saying is that he got 7 weeks for a head butt on the basis of a video that was submitted (conveniently) by PEGS which showed it wasn't a head butt??
If the video showed it wasn't a head butt, why didn't Parkdale submit it?
He got 7 weeks because the chairman had an association with PEGS??
I must be missing something here!!

Please refrain from making defamatory posts toward individuals. Any further posts will be carded. If you have an issue based on this topic, direct through the correct league procedures, not here.
How is that defamatory? The chairman made his association to pegs quite clear to Parkdale before the starting the appeal. Would've filled them with confidence no doubt!

How is that defamatory? The chairman made his association to pegs quite clear to Parkdale before the starting the appeal. Would've filled them with confidence no doubt!

Yippa, it was actually from a previous post and the mod was kind enough to let me re-post, subject to some alts...

Also, this seems quite interesting
From August 18
*Kenan Ismail, North Brunswick. Headbutting, 3 matches.

Hmmmm ????? I'm confused.

http://www.vafa.com.au/index.php?id=148

Mark Fine is a former Ajax man with strong ties to Ormond (either runs the boundary or used to for one of their VAFA teams). Not sure where you're getting your Parkdale mail from...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back