Premier C - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scruff top too busy to post as he and his strategists are hard at it planning the sinking of the Pirate ship. C'mon Scruffy, I'm still on the bandwagon.:)

Disappointing end to a less than successful season with the Monder twos going under today. Great to see the unders in the GF though. Bodes well for the future. Go Monders!

Scruff top too busy to post as he and his strategists are hard at it planning the sinking of the Pirate ship. C'mon Scruffy, I'm still on the bandwagon.:)

Disappointing end to a less than successful season with the Monder twos going under today. Great to see the unders in the GF though. Bodes well for the future. Go Monders!
No no just been out with the scruffettes for dinner on Father's Day.
Not sure who I'd rather play... The Hoers probs a bit more predictable but have beaten the Pirates twice in tough encounters.
Eye Eye ... Down two business

No no just been out with the scruffettes for dinner on Father's Day.
Not sure who I'd rather play... The Hoers probs a bit more predictable but have beaten the Pirates twice in tough encounters.
Eye Eye ... Down two business
There will be a few nervous people this week at the Fields, wouldn't want to do a Marcellin.

There will be a few nervous people this week at the Fields, wouldn't want to do a Marcellin.
To be honest I think all thought is with what went wrong last week. What do we need to do to turn it on this week.......it's the same situation for both sides... Win your in lose your out .

I don't know about nervous. I think embarrassed is a better description.

What we do about it is wholly up to us and I for one have faith the lads will get this done.

Good luck to our Unders who are facing up to the best side all year in Parkdale. Hoping the club can grab our second premiership for the season.

I don't know about nervous. I think embarrassed is a better description.

What we do about it is wholly up to us and I for one have faith the lads will get this done.

Good luck to our Unders who are facing up to the best side all year in Parkdale. Hoping the club can grab our second premiership for the season.

Keano, don't remember you being a Caulfield supporter.

Last edited:
I wonder whether workhorse can confirm that Aitken and the President have been removed at Kew.
Also heard that the Krushers are once again looking at the s**t footy league.

Confirmed a page or two ago Beaser won't be coaching in 2017 unless something has changed that I'm not aware of. President I'm not sure yet. All that stuff gets announced at presentation night.

Confirmed a page or two ago Beaser won't be coaching in 2017 unless something has changed that I'm not aware of. President I'm not sure yet. All that stuff gets announced at presentation night.
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I thought the general tenor of Bedders post (the 'have been removed' bit) was that the two had been, or will be, given the heave-ho. I assume by your response, if they do depart, it will be of their choosing.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I thought the general tenor of Bedders post (the 'have been removed' bit) was that the two had been, or will be, given the heave-ho. I assume by your response, if they do depart, it will be of their choosing.

Definitely on their own terms :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll stick by it. I believe good people want to change the image that was building.

If Beaser had the time to still coach Kew, he would be coaching Kew.
Extremely popular figure at the club. Nice to see a club legend leave on their own terms. Recent history at other less successful clubs has shown that this is not always the case.

What are the reasons for the Krushers to consider moving the SFL bedford? Have they been losing players to the league for $$ or is there more to it?

They have long been touted as one day joining the SFL. After a rapid rise to B grade and for a moment looking like going all the way to Premier, they seem to have fallen on hard times. A long way back form where they now find themselves. Their neighbours Oakleigh Districts seem to have got their act together and now seen as a viable option for the players. OD got a Colts up last year for the first time in a generation.

As we know the risk in the SFL and other $ comps is you can only go so far before you need to spend up big to compete. Maybe the Krushers have a war chest ready but go but personally they should stay in the ammos and offer a point of difference. That area already awash with SFL clubs who are battling for players and survival.

They have long been touted as one day joining the SFL. After a rapid rise to B grade and for a moment looking like going all the way to Premier, they seem to have fallen on hard times. A long way back form where they now find themselves. Their neighbours Oakleigh Districts seem to have got their act together and now seen as a viable option for the players. OD got a Colts up last year for the first time in a generation.

As we know the risk in the SFL and other $ comps is you can only go so far before you need to spend up big to compete. Maybe the Krushers have a war chest ready but go but personally they should stay in the ammos and offer a point of difference. That area already awash with SFL clubs who are battling for players and survival.
They might have a new President next year and the new one has money to spend. Also teams joining the SFL pay no affiliation fees for 2 years I believe. Let's hope Kew go back to being a decent club without that idiot in charge.

I'd hate to see Kew go back to D3. Have enjoyed the Beaser run.
The Prez should be respected for his work, not ridiculed on here by one not so anonymous poster.
He's done a ripping job!!

As an outsider it’s intriguing to watch the yo-yo effect of so many teams in that league. It seems one big sponsor can radically change a teams fortunes. The trick is to hold on to them which not many appear to be able to achieve.

I suppose the attraction for the Krushers to abandon the much better competition would be the more attractive affiliation fees and not having to face the prospect of weekly travelling to the ends of the earth to compete.

They might have a new President next year and the new one has money to spend. Also teams joining the SFL pay no affiliation fees for 2 years I believe. Let's hope Kew go back to being a decent club without that idiot in charge.
I wouldn't know what their long time Pres is doing and he's a terrific worker, as I said I heard it from a couple of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back