Premier C - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a surprise really after their season from hell
Interesting that the release from The Nest said that DT had to resign due to increasing work commitments. Why not just thank a club great for his time and efforts without putting in a bullshit reason.

Interesting that the release from The Nest said that DT had to resign due to increasing work commitments. Why not just thank a club great for his time and efforts without putting in a bullshit reason.

Possibly better than being truly honest. 'The bloke is a nightmare and we need him a long long way away from our young player group. His carry on during match day makes Beaser look like a choirboy.
And thanks'

Great game of footy at Elsternwick Park today. Fantastic effort by the Pirates to come back after looking down n out. Some dirty acts by the Pirates off the ball on Ben Phibbs who is just a class act. #30 for Pirates had a shocker, spent all his energy getting into Phibbs n didn't influence the game

Great game of footy at Elsternwick Park today. Fantastic effort by the Pirates to cone back after looking down n out. Some dirty acts by the Pirates off the ball on Ben Phibbs who is just a class act. #30 for Pirates had a shocker, spent all his energy getting into Phibbs n didn't influence the game
Was that the incident that drew a Red Card in the last quarter?

Nodders beat the Pirates reasonably easily on each occasion this year so it seems they were the better team and deserved the silverware.

Very pleased for Ben Phibbs. A ripper bloke.

Was that the incident that drew a Red Card in the last quarter?

Nodders beat the Pirates reasonably easily on each occasion this year so it seems they were the better team and deserved the silverware.

Very pleased for Ben Phibbs. A ripper bloke.

30 punched Phibbs in the back of the head after giving it to him all day. Very poor

Mazenod were the best performed team all season and thoroughly deserved their premiership victory today. Congratulations to them.
Our Pirates made it a game and tried hard despite some injuries to key players at critical times.
Richo spouts on about and incident with Phibbs by our player.
No comment from him or others about the first report that occurred in the second quarter by a Mazenod player that was a dirty act.
If you are going to throw crap around, make sure it is spread evenly!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mazenod were the best performed team all season and thoroughly deserved their premiership victory today. Congratulations to them.
Our Pirates made it a game and tried hard despite some injuries to key players at critical times.
Richo spouts on about and incident with Phibbs by our player.
No comment from him or others about the first report that occurred in the second quarter by a Mazenod player that was a dirty act.
If you are going to throw crap around, make sure it is spread evenly!

Bad luck Rissoles and good luck in B. We will see you in 2018 with bigger bodies on our young guns.
How were the feral Nuffies in the Mazenod crowd today

Bad luck Rissoles and good luck in B. We will see you in 2018 with bigger bodies on our young guns.
How were the feral Nuffies in the Mazenod crowd today

Thanks Scruff, hope you are up there too. Actually it was a pretty quiet group all round today. Perhaps because it was low scoring and he bloody wind that keep a fair bit of play on the opposite side of ground.
To be honest, its a very ordinary headquarters for such a big league. It lacks any atmosphere.
The canteen ran out of hot food before half time and the VAFA half time entertainment consisted of kick a football into the back of ute to win a car.
Presumably organised kickers but they had one speaker which couldn't be heard by anyone and it was a fizzer.
I went into the VAFA headquarters bar after the game for a quiet one and their were about 15 people. Presumably they were all upstairs having freebies.

Hmmmm. Wind and the Sruff top
Thanks Scruff, hope you are up there too. Actually it was a pretty quiet group all round today. Perhaps because it was low scoring and he bloody wind that keep a fair bit of play on the opposite side of ground.
To be honest, its a very ordinary headquarters for such a big league. It lacks any atmosphere.
The canteen ran out of hot food before half time and the VAFA half time entertainment consisted of kick a football into the back of ute to win a car.
Presumably organised kickers but they had one speaker which couldn't be heard by anyone and it was a fizzer.
I went into the VAFA headquarters bar after the game for a quiet one and their were about 15 people. Presumably they were all upstairs having freebies.
Hmmmm... wind plays havoc with the scruff top.... No hot food....Very few beers .... Not a lot of appeal there Rissoles ...glad I stayed home and played in the man cave.

Hmmmm. Wind and the Sruff top

Hmmmm... wind plays havoc with the scruff top.... No hot food....Very few beers .... Not a lot of appeal there Rissoles ...glad I stayed home and played in the man cave.

I would've happily bought you a few beers, Scruff! There wasn't a queue. Hot food? No. There were bags of crisps.
You definitely would've needed a hat for the old 'Senator Gear'!

Great win by Mazenod. Just too strong and skilful on the day. Penninsula werent disgraced by any means and good luck Rissoles in B grade.
On the Phibbs incident, I didn't see what he did in the 2nd qtr but I saw the red card, obviously not a great act, but an act of frustration at the treatment he'd copped. Saw the last qtr one right in front of me, average from the Penninsula player who was also obviously frustrated as the game was gone by that time.

Nodders were the best team in the first 10-12 rounds and showed why in their final two games of the season.

Well done and good luck to both teams in B grade.

Reading the Grand Final edition of The Amateur Footballer today and noticed the tour of Ireland is on again in 2017. The VAFA representative team will likely play against 3-4 local Gaelic clubs for International Rules (not counties like Dublin, Cork and Kerry) in Ireland, and a possible AFL game against AFL Great Britain in London.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reading the Grand Final edition of The Amateur Footballer today and noticed the tour of Ireland is on again in 2017. The VAFA representative team will likely play against 3-4 local Gaelic clubs for International Rules (not counties like Dublin, Cork and Kerry) in Ireland, and a possible AFL game against AFL Great Britain in London.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's why we paid the $17 to get in to the final!!

Great win by Mazenod. Just too strong and skilful on the day. Penninsula werent disgraced by any means and good luck Rissoles in B grade.
On the Phibbs incident, I didn't see what he did in the 2nd qtr but I saw the red card, obviously not a great act, but an act of frustration at the treatment he'd copped. Saw the last qtr one right in front of me, average from the Penninsula player who was also obviously frustrated as the game was gone by that time.

Nodders were the best team in the first 10-12 rounds and showed why in their final two games of the season.

If you and Richo could see what was going on from outside the fence how the feck didn't any of the three umpires see it and assume some degree of control?

The tone of games is set early. Players sense what they can and can't get away with then. Sounds a bit like weak umpiring.

Thanks for your input on the forum this year, Workhorse. Enjoyed it.

If you and Richo could see what was going on from outside the fence how the feck didn't any of the three umpires see it and assume some degree of control?

The tone of games is set early. Players sense what they can and can't get away with then. Sounds a bit like weak umpiring.

Unless I was into it early (which I wasn't) I could've sworn there were only two umpires out there. A tiny third umpire seemed to hide a lot of the time. Still, no criticism, it affected both sides.

Unless I was into it early (which I wasn't) I could've sworn there were only two umpires out there. A tiny third umpire seemed to hide a lot of the time. Still, no criticism, it affected both sides.

Phibbs gave as much (if not more) than he got. But good on him, sucked a pirate player in late. He should be very happy with the outcome.
I wonder what he'd be worth at another club??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back