C Section Premier C 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OGGS have split with the coach a fortnight after winning the D1 flag. Anyone know of a precedent?

OGGS have split with the coach a fortnight after winning the D1 flag. Anyone know of a precedent?
My sources told me back in April that Nick Bourke would oversee the coaching department this year and familiarise himself with the playing list, then take over in 2017. I believe this was set in stone when Knight was overseas and Bourkey coached them to several wins in a row.

Re precedents, Tony Miller and Paul O'Shannassy say hello.

Stability at the fields. 42 on the footy trip. All looking forward year 2017...very few to go and some big ins by the look of it.
Many 19 and 20 yo guns staying and the 19s won the flag.

The scruffster is up and about for 2017.

Where's Captain Chaos gone? Aren't you an OGGS insider?

Brian, it is really appropriate to air our dirty laundry on here. Having said that, I can confirm that Jon and OGGS have parted ways and it wasn't the decision of the coach. I think it is best left at that.

Brian, it is really appropriate to air our dirty laundry on here. Having said that, I can confirm that Jon and OGGS have parted ways and it wasn't the decision of the coach. I think it is best left at that.
Bourke was pegged for the job before the season started, poor form by your club and you know it.

Seeing THIS years thread is closed, I will put it here. The OAFC B&F was easily won by Luke Gogis with Sam Mason 2nd and Matt Martinov third, interesting that Gogis only got 2 votes from the umps. He has also committed to 2017.

Probably should have been posted in the 2017 D Grade thread.

Bourke was pegged for the job before the season started, poor form by your club and you know it.

I meant to say isn't appropriate btw. I think we had just better see how that pans out. Surely you're not suggesting that someone had been promised the job prior?

Seeing THIS years thread is closed, I will put it here. The OAFC B&F was easily won by Luke Gogis with Sam Mason 2nd and Matt Martinov third, interesting that Gogis only got 2 votes from the umps. He has also committed to 2017.
Any Monder players in the victorious Sandy Dragons team today bedford? Apparently the victory due in large part to some outstanding strategic work from one of the midfield coaches.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Monder players in the victorious Sandy Dragons team today bedford? Apparently the victory due in large part to some outstanding strategic work from one of the midfield coaches.;)

AM. Four De La boys playing, one of which I believe is/was an Ormond junior – Harry Burt. Played well too. The other 3 (Lyons, Beveridge and Murphy) played the very occasional game in the De La unders this year.

Give it a rest.

That Sandy team had three AFL quality players, without them they would have been smashed, the rest were bit part players. McGrath, Taranto and Scrimshaw.

Edit - naming names (or guessing) tsk tsk BS! - OTP

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant to say isn't appropriate btw. I think we had just better see how that pans out. Surely you're not suggesting that someone had been promised the job prior?
Yes, that was the lure of him going to a D grade club, $30k as director of football with 2017's coaching gig. All done in March 2016.
When Bourke is appointed I'll be able to say 'I told you so'.

Give it a rest.

That Sandy team had three AFL quality players, without them they would have been smashed, the rest were bit part players. McGrath, Taranto and Scrimshaw.

Did u watch the game BS or just reading media reports?.. Taranto had a shocker on the big stage . H.brayshaw, Lok, Williams, and the big ruck filopovic are certainly up there.

Edit - edited quote - OTP

Give it a rest.

Not unlike SKOBs this year. Except it appears Dragons' AFL quality players actually helped!

Edit - edited quote - OTP

Did u watch the game BS or just reading media reports?.. Taranto had a shocker on the big stage . H.brayshaw, Lok, Williams, and the big ruck filopovic are certainly up there.
What a silly comment, I watched the game. Taranto had 32 possessions, 18 of them contested and 11 tackles, with 7 marks to go along. Was also named in the best.

Brayshaw played as a half forward and had 11 possessions and kicked two goals. Lok a nice player but only 182cm.
The medalist had 22 handballs of his 38 disposals, lots of Trent Cotchin one two's also.

Could be an ex Sandy Dragons teammates double Mr Bedford...Will Barker leading the Fields by about 10 votes with 3 Rounds to count in a couple of weeks at the B and F. The young guns are taking the chocolates....cheers

Give it a rest.

Edit - naming names (or guessing) tsk tsk BS! - OTP

I see Brian outed AM yet that was removed? AM has been strangly quiet since!

I see Brian outed AM yet that was removed? AM has been strangly quiet since!
In 2014 the Sandy Dragons had 9 players Drafted yet didn't make the Grand Final.... I can't see how this years team that won it could only have 3 Guns and a bunch of Nuffies. There must be plenty of depth. Further they have lots of issues with APS availability so that also adds to a requirement for great depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back