C Section Premier C 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair call. One of the good things about the league. Excepting for the occasional boofhead, no one goes on with it after a game. Clearly very damaging when he gets his hand on the pill. I think it is very clear that you'll be in the top few at the end of the year. Really even season though - Williamstown seem to be a bit of a smoky.

Hope your right ....but we need to win a final to rate the season a success..the positive we have 5 of our best 22 currently on the side lines and they have been replaced by kids who have stood up.

Cheers

They're there because we work our arse off in recruiting, networking, personal job coaching, pastoral care and most importantly because they want to play with their mates post AFL.
We would rather them be playing with us than against us, long may it continue. All VAFA clubs play under the same rules, go for it.

Well said Briza! I wonder what would happen if jay Shultz rolled up for game at Kew... sorry mate we are a community club and you didn't play juniors with us so you will have to go elsewhere !

They're there because we work our arse off in recruiting, networking, personal job coaching, pastoral care and most importantly because they want to play with their mates post AFL.
We would rather them be playing with us than against us, long may it continue. All VAFA clubs play under the same rules, go for it.
The answer is quite simple. Most long-term AFL players have been in the system since they were 18 years old and most finish up with no other skills. Clubs like St Kevin's have the contacts to help them transition into life after football. They also have networks who are prepared to pay for example 80k to an unqualified person who might otherwise earn 50k on the proviso they play football for the old boys. They are not the first to do but have certainly taken it to another level.

They should be complimented for enticing 6 or 7 ex AFL players to their club who had no previous connection to the school. What they are doing is within the rules so good on them. While they have some serious AFL talent, it should be noted that they have some significant home grown talent running around in their seniors this year also.

On paper they have assembled an extraordinary group, perhaps the best ever. Whether they become a great team will only be known in the fullness of time.
Fair point/s. Even Brian's ramblings to an extent. Not so sure about the surreptitious (ironic?) use of pastoral care and the obnoxiously 'holier than thou spiel' about how SKOB seemed to have cracked the code when really they've just dished Stephen Gilham and co a good job. As I said, I have nothing against SKOB, in fact I was cheering for them to win the Premier B Grand Final with the SKOB cheer squad. I'm more curious as to see what their long term plan is here. I suppose you win a Premier flag and your club becomes a destination club? I'm very much an idealist here. Amateur sporting clubs are far more than just a football club. It is a place to learn, grow, network, empathise and mature, and to inorganically break the chain and throw a bunch of former AFL players out of nowhere is a bold move in a league that presents itself as a place 'for the love of the game'.

It is a fascinating case study really. And you are right, they haven't reinvented the wheel - it's how Australia and the world works. The football economy/network. But it won't change the fact that it doesn't sit too well with me. Perhaps that's just something I'll have to learn to deal with or grow bitter before my time - and in the end, it cannot be denied that it is exciting to watch a bunch of former professions run around in local footy with a side predominately filled with good, homegrown talent.

Last edited:
Fair point/s. Even Brian's ramblings to an extent. Not so sure about the surreptitious (ironic?) use of pastoral care and the obnoxiously 'holier than thou spiel' about how SKOB seemed to have cracked the code when really they've just dished Stephen Gilham and co a good job. As I said, I have nothing against SKOB, in fact I was cheering for them to win the Premier B Grand Final with the SKOB cheer squad. I'm more curious as to see what their long term plan is here. I suppose you win a Premier flag and your club becomes a destination club? I'm very much an idealist here. Amateur sporting clubs are far more than just a football club. It is a place to learn, grow, network, empathise and mature, and to inorganically break the chain and throw a bunch of former AFL players out of nowhere is a bold move in a league that presents itself as a place 'for the love of the game'.

It is a fascinating case study really. And you are right, they haven't reinvented the wheel - it's how Australia and the world works. The football economy/network. But it won't change the fact that it doesn't sit too well with me. Perhaps that's just something I'll have to learn to deal with or grow bitter before my time - and in the end, it cannot be denied that it is exciting to watch a bunch of former professions run around in local footy with a side predominately filled with good, homegrown talent.

So would you take Shultz is he wanted to play at Kew? He doesn't fit your model.

Well after being the only tipper in Premier C last week ....I am really exited about going again ...but for some interest here we go ..

Caulfield I a very tight one versus old Mentonians.
Old Ivanhoe will beat Kew but as long as the orange boots stay in the magoos Kew will continue to improve.
Old Haileybury will comfortably beat Marcellin
Old Camberwell will react to last weeks shallaking but still fall short and lose to Williamstown
Hampton Rovers in a bit of an upset will beat Old Geelong who will be confused as to why all the hype and expectations of the Season are proving to be just that .

Now after all that happens Willy will slip into the four and OH and Caulfield will be well clear on top Old Ivanhoe will be sneaking up the ladder and will be the second team fighting out with OM and
Marcellin

Kew will remain stone cold motherless and Canada will be calling for impeachment and the return of the Beaser . This will incite many and the man in the crowd who counts will be counting down the losses and blaming the umpires as he does every week.

It's going to be exiting in Prem C .....get involved.

Well after being the only tipper in Premier C last week ....I am really exited about going again ...but for some interest here we go ..

Caulfield I a very tight one versus old Mentonians.
Old Ivanhoe will beat Kew but as long as the orange boots stay in the magoos Kew will continue to improve.
Old Haileybury will comfortably beat Marcellin
Old Camberwell will react to last weeks shallaking but still fall short and lose to Williamstown
Hampton Rovers in a bit of an upset will beat Old Geelong who will be confused as to why all the hype and expectations of the Season are proving to be just that .

Now after all that happens Willy will slip into the four and OH and Caulfield will be well clear on top Old Ivanhoe will be sneaking up the ladder and will be the second team fighting out with OM and
Marcellin

Kew will remain stone cold motherless and Canada will be calling for impeachment and the return of the Beaser . This will incite many and the man in the crowd who counts will be counting down the losses and blaming the umpires as he does every week.

It's going to be exiting in Prem C .....get involved.

Is that the guy always in the pocket, almost behind the goals, at the High street end closest to the pavilion? 50-55 y/o, 5'10" dark hair? He's a whacker!

Is that the guy always in the pocket, almost behind the goals, at the High street end closest to the pavilion? 50-55 y/o, 5'10" dark hair? He's a whacker!

No ...but I know who you mean...had a white cap.....yelled all day ....doesn't know the rules..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry missed last week Sruff
Round 6
Caulfield
Hampton Rovers
Ivanhoe
Haileybury
Williamstown

Good luck to all

Kew beaten by a much stronger Old Ivanhoe outfit today. Great to see the Reserves get a win in an otherwise disappointing day for the Bears. Mitris is all class. Gun player who plays hard, clean footy

Kew beaten by a much stronger Old Ivanhoe outfit today. Great to see the Reserves get a win in an otherwise disappointing day for the Bears. Mitris is all class. Gun player who plays hard, clean footy

Caulfield travelled to Mentone and the ground was pretty good albeit a little small.

Om came out hard and played the ground well early . Tragically Caulfield lost CHB early to a serious knee injury . Then we lost our running half back release player and then a midfielder to a soft tissue.

So we played the remainder of the game with 1 and half on the bench.

OM should have been further ahead at half time but poor kicking kept The severely undermanned Caulfield in the game.

After half time Caulfields class proved to much for OM who tried hard all day and ran the game out with there superior numbers. The biggest issue for OM is size ....Caulfield had 3 talls out after 15 mins into the first but still dominated in the air.

Considering they came up last year OM are a pretty good outfit but they will be a long way behind a full strength Caulfield or OH

Picked 4 by the way as did 2411...

Last edited:
Caulfield travelled to Mentone and the ground was pretty good albeit a little small.

Om came out hard and played the ground well early . Tragically Caulfield lost CHB early to a serious knee injury . Then we lost our running half back release player and then a midfielder to a soft tissue.

So we played the remainder of the game with 1 and half on the bench.

OM should have been further ahead at half time but poor kicking kept The severely undermanned Caulfield in the game.

After half time Caulfields class proved to much for OM who tried hard all day and ran the game out with there superior numbers. The biggest issue for OM is size ....Caulfield had 3 talls out after 15 mins into the first but still dominated in the air.

Considering they came up last year OM are a pretty good outfit but they will be a long way behind a full strength Caulfield or OH

Picked 5 by the way as did 2411...
OM at full strength are very dangerous. Could cause some headaches/sneak in yo finals if everything goes okay

Met the great Max Leader today - a pleasure to talk a bit of VAFA with the fella at the after match drinks out at Ivanhoe's club rooms. Ivanhoe definitely still have enough substance to be considered a finals threat. As Richo! said Mitris is a class player. That Tsanoudakis bloke can seriously play. Bruno is the biggest man I've played against since big Mal.

Look, I won't beat around the bush here, Kew is in strife and played another very patchy game. We had a couple of early injuries, including a pretty sickening facial injury and we were beaten convincingly for most of the game. A lack of self belief is evident. But we are continually working toward something, and if we have to reenergise down a grade next year, invest heavily in our under 17s who we will develop into our 19s and recruit strongly, then so be it. That's the beauty of the VAFA. In saying that, we still have shown that when we play decent footy we stick with sides and we will keep fighting for that elusive win... Still find it quite odd to be saying that, but we all know the VAFA rollercoaster very well.

Met the great Max Leader today - a pleasure to talk a bit of VAFA with the fella at the after match drinks out at Ivanhoe's club rooms. Ivanhoe definitely still have enough substance to be considered a finals threat. As Richo! said Mitris is a class player. That Tsanoudakis bloke can seriously play. Bruno is the biggest man I've played against since big Mal.

Look, I won't beat around the bush here, Kew is in strife and played another very patchy game. We had a couple of early injuries, including a pretty sickening facial injury and we were beaten convincingly for most of the game. A lack of self belief is evident. But we are continually working toward something, and if we have to reenergise down a grade next year, invest heavily in our under 17s who we will develop into our 19s and recruit strongly, then so be it. That's the beauty of the VAFA. In saying that, we still have shown that when we play decent footy we stick with sides and we will keep fighting for that elusive win... Still find it quite odd to be saying that, but we all know the VAFA rollercoaster very well.
It was good to met another real and considered poster today.

It is true that Kew is struggling, but like a good club regardless of the result, the after match drinks were well attended by the boys from Kew. Hopefully they enjoyed the spit roast we put on for the players.

Max "Collegians are the best Ammo team I've seen" Leader

It was good to met another real and considered poster today.

It is true that Kew is struggling, but like a good club regardless of the result, the after match drinks were well attended by the boys from Kew. Hopefully they enjoyed the spit roast we put on for the players.

Max "Collegians are the best Ammo team I've seen" Leader
So they should be driving they're new cars around.

Amazing game out at Boss James Reserve yesterday.

Hampton Rovers who were as much as 4 goals down at 3/4 time against Old Geelong got up in the last minute to win by 1 point in a low scoring match.

Final score: Hampton Rovers 7.13 (55) def Old Geelong 7.12 (54).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Saw the last half of the 2nd quarter at the Barnard. Not surprised Willy came home hard in the second half as they dominated the last part of the second. 3 or 4 missed shots at goal costly, as Wellers kicked straight and took all chances.
Not sure what went on in first 1.5 quarters, but Wellers must have been on fire.
Also game seemed to be running late. Anyone else there? Was there an incident early that held up the game? When I got there it was 10 minutes into the second quarter and it was well after 3pm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back