C Section Premier C 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im read online last night that one of the umpires from the Caulfield v OH game got the senior rep game appointment for next weekend... maybe your analysis of his suboptimal performance in this game was false ? OR has he got the rep game due to the good bloke factor?
Gents.....this bloke has applied the Steve Bracks theory that if you don't do anything and don't blow your whistle you can't make a wrong decision...now I also said one was slightly better than the other....I stand by my post

Round 11
Ivanhoe
Williamstown
Geelong
Haileybury
Mentone

Good luck to all,

Bring your thermals Scruff!

Good evening 2411 ....I note that finally there is some sense on the forum as I agree with your tips.....which means I won't peg back those couple you are ahead of me....

Williamstown to beat a totally decimated Caulfield about 10 changes over the past two weeks....lucky our Magoos are good.
Geelong
Ivanhoe
Old Haileybury on the rebound....very unlucky last week got the worst of the no umpiring umpiring !
Mentone who are extremely disappointing after I have rated them

Now Jascave will be wondering why either of us haven't picked flag favourites Marcellin but our proven tipping record of 1st and 2nd in the Prem C tipping comp stands firm

On another note I will not be travelling to Willy or Won't he this week.... having my yearly reset at A and M....hoping for a little extra colour (maybe even blue and white) the DT Blonde is a little hard to manage....hopefully someone can step in with a report on the match .....enjoy the weekend and I hope your team wins

Canada odds now on the wooden spoon please, with the Beaser less Kew going back to back.

Kew $1.40
Rovers $3.00
Mentone $35.00
Camberwell $1000.00
Geelong $1000.00
Marcellin $5000.00

Been some good money flowing in for Rovers. Jase not happy about it either.

Last edited:
Kew $1.40
Rovers $3.00
Mentone $35.00
Camberwell $1000.00
Geelong $1000.00
Marcellin $5000.00

Been some good money flowing in for Rovers. Jase not happy about it either.
I'll take $10 on Mentone and $50 on the Rovers.

Good evening 2411 ....I note that finally there is some sense on the forum as I agree with your tips.....which means I won't peg back those couple you are ahead of me....

Williamstown to beat a totally decimated Caulfield about 10 changes over the past two weeks....lucky our Magoos are good.
Geelong
Ivanhoe
Old Haileybury on the rebound....very unlucky last week got the worst of the no umpiring umpiring !
Mentone who are extremely disappointing after I have rated them

Now Jascave will be wondering why either of us haven't picked flag favourites Marcellin but our proven tipping record of 1st and 2nd in the Prem C tipping comp stands firm

On another note I will not be travelling to Willy or Won't he this week.... having my yearly reset at A and M....hoping for a little extra colour (maybe even blue and white) the DT Blonde is a little hard to manage....hopefully someone can step in with a report on the match .....enjoy the weekend and I hope your team wins

Scruff
Good game of footy at the Fearon last weekend, yes Caulfield many outs, Willy also a few so Square on that point.
Even first half difference Willy held scoreless against the wind.
Although Willy outscored Caulfield in the second it was the last five minutes where they stuck at it and created some momentum and kicked 2 goals, another couple of mins and it may have been a different result.

Time to enjoy a weekend down the beach with Hampton at Boss next game

Scruff
Good game of footy at the Fearon last weekend, yes Caulfield many outs, Willy also a few so Square on that point.
Even first half difference Willy held scoreless against the wind.
Although Willy outscored Caulfield in the second it was the last five minutes where they stuck at it and created some momentum and kicked 2 goals, another couple of mins and it may have been a different result.

Time to enjoy a weekend down the beach with Hampton at Boss next game
Thanks 2411

I think the Fields rate Willy after the weekend. We blooded some new players and they stood up so good for the future . I think we can now safely say that Caul OH and Willy will take three spots in the Four. The last spot is a little more open .

Should be an interesting second half of the year.

The scruff top has been re modelled no skin visable and a new wind proof formula added for the spring gales . Very confident of the next few months.

Enjoy the break

Thanks 2411

I think the Fields rate Willy after the weekend. We blooded some new players and they stood up so good for the future . I think we can now safely say that Caul OH and Willy will take three spots in the Four. The last spot is a little more open .

Should be an interesting second half of the year.

The scruff top has been re modelled no skin visable and a new wind proof formula added for the spring gales . Very confident of the next few months.

Enjoy the break

Thanks will do, I don't think Willy are a lock just yet, they are competitive most weeks which is good to watch.

Make sure you protect the investment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW he's back, we all know it. Not in title but he is back involved. Pretty ordinary effort regarding the way the now finished up 2017 coach was handled. It's like nothing happened....who? what? where?
Fair point. It wasn't fun for anybody and it was a sad decision to have to make, considering Pete is a lovely bloke, but the situation wasn't working out. We were getting slogged. He resigned and I think it was a move that was best for both parties. The choice was obvious. It was either let the season run out and head to Division 1 with our tail between our legs or have a crack, instil some belief back into a group who were sapped of confidence with plenty of changes within the playing group and a lack of cohesion in the playing style. Whether we stay up, who knows. But the marked improvement in our results justifies the move, however heartless and rushed it comes across as.

No one likes this stuff. Thankless job for the committee, but that's life.

Last edited:
No way, what a rat, white anting the new bloke.

Please... don't let your dislike of someone flow over to grumpy and innacurate posting.
The hard working committee of Kew have made a tough decision based on their thoughts, observations and desire to improve on field performance. It's not about the great one. Take it Beasy with insinuations like that..

Please... don't let your dislike of someone flow over to grumpy and innacurate posting.
The hard working committee of Kew have made a tough decision based on their thoughts, observations and desire to improve on field performance. It's not about the great one. Take it Beasy with insinuations like that..
OK, odds to stay up then.

Fair point. It wasn't fun for anybody and it was a sad decision to have to make, considering Pete is a lovely bloke, but the situation wasn't working out. We were getting slogged. He resigned and I think it was a move that was best for both parties. The choice was obvious. It was either let the season run out and head to Division 1 with our tail between our legs or have a crack, instil some belief back into a group who were sapped of confidence with plenty of changes within the playing group and a lack of cohesion in the playing style. Whether we stay up, who knows. But the marked improvement in our results justifies the move, however heartless and rushed it comes across as.

No one likes this stuff. Thankless job for the committee, but that's life.

FWIW fair enough, I am not going to dispute the decision, but like all coaches I am sure he still put a lot in pre-season and until rd10 and deserved a bit more than all of a sudden his name vanishing from the books without public comment.

FWIW fair enough, I am not going to dispute the decision, but like all coaches I am sure he still put a lot in pre-season and until rd10 and deserved a bit more than all of a sudden his name vanishing from the books without public comment.

What would you have done, out of interest?

If Mr Indigenous Luke "Koori" Klasen gets a kick, i think the $1.40 Canada is offering for Kew to win the wooden spoon will soon drift out to double figures. The bloke is a premiership winner at both Kew and The Mighty Fitzroy Stars and seems to me to be the logical answer to get Kew out of there current form slump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back