C Section Premier C 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today I witnessed one of the most undisciplined sides I have seen in recent times.
I really felt sorry for the young Captain who is a very good player but was let down by his team who argued and abused the umpires all day and continually gave away silly frees and 25m penalties.He should change Clubs and play with a more disciplined group and at a higher level. The umpires from the start showed that they wouldn't take any crap yet Hampton continued to dispute decisions and paid dearly for it. Sure the umps had some poor moments but Hamptons lack of discipline was just really bad .

Caulfield were down to 2 on the bench after half time and one concussion after a tackle that will be heard at the tribunal during the week.

Speaking of tribunal appearances one should be able to play a game of footy without being bitten. Coming off the ground with bite marks all over your arms is not something you expect.i hope the tribunal treats these types of incidents strongly and send a clear message.

I'm not saying anymore.

Well today I witnessed one of the most undisciplined sides I have seen in recent times.
I really felt sorry for the young Captain who is a very good player but was let down by his team who argued and abused the umpires all day and continually gave away silly frees and 25m penalties.He should change Clubs and play with a more disciplined group and at a higher level. The umpires from the start showed that they wouldn't take any crap yet Hampton continued to dispute decisions and paid dearly for it. Sure the umps had some poor moments but Hamptons lack of discipline was just really bad .

Caulfield were down to 2 on the bench after half time and one concussion after a tackle that will be heard at the tribunal during the week.

Speaking of tribunal appearances one should be able to play a game of footy without being bitten. Coming off the ground with bite marks all over your arms is not something you expect.i hope the tribunal treats these types of incidents strongly and send a clear message.

I'm not saying anymore.
I think you said enough. Disgusting troll

I'm not saying anymore.

Hey Scruff did your team call for a count today?

If yes and Hampton had 18 on the field, your captain could be reported and will be suspended.

Max "Late night watching replays coz we won today" Leader

I'm not saying anymore.

Max

Not sure why I can't see your post when I log in.
But yes there was a numbers count and it was called by Caulfield. As it happened there were players running on and off everywhere so I don't know the circumstances .

The count went against Caulfield and a free was given to Hampton in the goalsquare.

It was a waste of time and disrupted the game.

I am not aware of any other consequences but if a report is heard it will be a busy night at the tribunal with a BIT to be heard from this game

Max

But yes there was a numbers count and it was called by Caulfield. As it happened there were players running on and off everywhere so I don't know the circumstances .

The count went against Caulfield and a free was given to Hampton in the goalsquare.

I am not aware of any other consequences but if a report is heard it will be a busy night at the tribunal with a BIT to be heard from this game

What quarters did the incidents happen in?

Max

Very interesting 3rd quarter.

Poor discipline. Bad umpiring. Unnecessary tackles that will leave some holes in their team this week.

Max

Hey Scruff did your team call for a count today?

If yes and Hampton had 18 on the field, your captain could be reported and will be suspended.

Max "Late night watching replays coz we won today" Leader

Reckon the skipper of the Fields will be fine.

Rule: 5.5.3 and 5.5.4
A free kick and 50m penalty is awarded to the captain of the opposing team when a head count confirms there are more than the permitted number of players on the ground. Under subsection (c) the team with additional players on the ground will lose ALL points which it has scored in the match up until the count. However, under Rule 5.5.4, a free kick is paid against the team who calls for the count if the opposing team has the right number of players on the ground. A player can also be reported (for time wasting) if the umpire believes count was requested primarily to delay play.

FWIW I think Hampton were desperate to avoid relegation and lost the plot when the game got out of reach. I've seen this happen before and people do/say things they wouldn't normally when emotions are so high. The 2 side relegation/promotion in the VAFA makes every game important, as it was in many grades last weekend, and makes us the best suburban comp in Melbs

"Bit" of trolling at its finest. Young side, highly emotional game, felt they were getting the raw end of it from the umps and responded poorly. Move along.

UM watched the 3rd quarter.

Umpires appeared to be rattled, especially after the Caulfield captain asked for a count.

Just some careless/silly tackles. Nothing high but just a little exuberant.

I'll personally bring a slab or 2 if you can knock off Mentone.

Max "trying to make the finals from 8th" Leader

Hi Max, would you be connected to Old Ivanhoe? The reason I ask is because I'm trying to find out the correct score for the Reserves match for the weekend between Old Ivanhoe and Old Geelong. First there was no result published on the website, then there was no result, but the Goal Kickers Best Players for Old Ivanhoe were recorded. How the score published on the VAFA website for the match is identical to the Senior match, but the Goal Kickers recorded for both teams does not balance with the match score. If you know the correct score it would be helpful.

Reckon the skipper of the Fields will be fine.

Rule: 5.5.3 and 5.5.4
A free kick and 50m penalty is awarded to the captain of the opposing team when a head count confirms there are more than the permitted number of players on the ground. Under subsection (c) the team with additional players on the ground will lose ALL points which it has scored in the match up until the count. However, under Rule 5.5.4, a free kick is paid against the team who calls for the count if the opposing team has the right number of players on the ground. A player can also be reported (for time wasting) if the umpire believes count was requested primarily to delay play.

FWIW I think Hampton were desperate to avoid relegation and lost the plot when the game got out of reach. I've seen this happen before and people do/say things they wouldn't normally when emotions are so high. The 2 side relegation/promotion in the VAFA makes every game important, as it was in many grades last weekend, and makes us the best suburban comp in Melbs

Thanks for clarifying the rules.....FWIW I think HR need to put the season behind them regroup over summer and get their teeth stuck into D1 in 2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Max, would you be connected to Old Ivanhoe? The reason I ask is because I'm trying to find out the correct score for the Reserves match for the weekend between Old Ivanhoe and Old Geelong. First there was no result published on the website, then there was no result, but the Goal Kickers Best Players for Old Ivanhoe were recorded. How the score published on the VAFA website for the match is identical to the Senior match, but the Goal Kickers recorded for both teams does not balance with the match score. If you know the correct score it would be helpful.
Sent a PM to clarify the situation

Who wants to come in 4th.

After 17 games, 5 teams are equal on 32 points and all can grab the final position in the 4 to play either Marcellin (98%) of Haileybury (2%).

Based on form over the last 5 weeks, Willy gets the nod.

Where this falls down is that Willy have lost their home ground advantage.

Who's next.

OG's will play OH, who if they have a real bad day and Marcellin have a very good day, OH could drop to 3rd. I doubt tis will happen. OG's could be without their skipper who appeared to be nursing a hammy (didn't play the 2nd half). After they 2nd half fade out last week after some passionate pleases from the coach, I can't see them beating OH.

Next is

Mentone are the only one's playing someone below them on the ladder. The tribunal may have some say in how HR will go this week. They played ok for 3 quarters against Caulfield. Class finally won out, leaving HR to play in D Section in 2018. Do they have enough in them to muster on last effort to knock off Mentone. It is possible, as HR's form over the last weeks has been very solid.

Folllowing

OC have the task of beating the ever improving Marcellin at home. OC are happy to survive in C Grade, but this weekend, as they have been hit with many injuries, should struggle to get over the Eagles.

Finally

OI. Who knows, but their record against Willy is very good and match up very well against the key Willy players.

In summary

Mentone should be favourite to grab the 4th stop, with OI having a better chance than the rest.

My tip for promotion.

Caulfield and Marcellin (If they don't, they will have failed to gain promotion for the last 25 years in a row!! sarcasm)

Max "Two slabs for OH, Marcellin and HR if they win on the weekend" Leader

After 17 games, 5 teams are equal on 32 points and all can grab the final position in the 4 to play either Marcellin (98%) of Haileybury (2%).

Who's next.

OG's will play OH, who if they have a real bad day and Marcellin have a very good day, OH could drop to 3rd. I doubt tis will happen. OG's could be without their skipper who appeared to be nursing a hammy (didn't play the 2nd half). After they 2nd half fade out last week after some passionate pleases from the coach, I can't see them beating OH.

Next is

Mentone are the only one's playing someone below them on the ladder. The tribunal may have some say in how HR will go this week. They played ok for 3 quarters against Caulfield. Class finally won out, leaving HR to play in D Section in 2018. Do they have enough in them to muster on last effort to knock off Mentone. It is possible, as HR's form over the last weeks has been very solid.

Folllowing

OC have the task of beating the ever improving Marcellin at home. OC are happy to survive in C Grade, but this weekend, as they have been hit with many injuries, should struggle to get over the Eagles.

Finally

OI. Who knows, but their record against Willy is very good and match up very well against the key Willy players.

In summary

Mentone should be favourite to grab the 4th stop, with OI having a better chance than the rest.

My tip for promotion.

Caulfield and Marcellin (If they don't, they will have failed to gain promotion for the last 25 years in a row!! sarcasm)

Max

Nice work

Couple of comments

1. Hampton lost 3 at the tribunal during the week.
2. Sandy are not in the finals so Haileybury get approx 4 VFL players in the next couple of weeks. I cannot see Marcellin beating them .

Exciting week this week ... il be on VAFA live scores all day assuming it doesn't crash.

Best of luck to all hoping for a win and a finals berth.

Cheers Scruff

Max

Nice work

Couple of comments

1. Hampton lost 3 at the tribunal during the week.
2. Sandy are not in the finals so Haileybury get approx 4 VFL players in the next couple of weeks. I cannot see Marcellin beating them .

Exciting week this week ... il be on VAFA live scores all day assuming it doesn't crash.

Best of luck to all hoping for a win and a finals berth.

Cheers Scruff

Suspensions all for bad tackles?

Who's next.

Next is

Folllowing

Finally

In summary

My tip for promotion.

What a finish! Even for Crunch grade this is a special Round 18.

Who's next.

Next is

Folllowing

Finally

In summary

My tip for promotion.

Nice work Max, great way to finish off the season

Williamstown- Max, we have played at 4 different grounds for our home games this year with 3 games at the Fearon. So yes no home ground advantage
Haileybury
Caulfield
Marcellin
Mentone

Good luck to all

What a weekend?! Well done to our boys. My side had a real crack after a tough year. My career was deserving of the effort the boys put up - as was my final game just quietly. And we almost pulled off the unlikely win. Seniors were great again beating out a HR side topped up with VFL players. What could've been if they weren't thugging on Caulfield the week before? Fair result for the game played on Saturday.
It's been an honour and a pleasure to play in this comp for the mighty Panthers. Proud of the season we've had returning to C after a long time out. Apologies for the emotion that poured out at the end. It was hard enough accepting that this was the last time I'd grace the great Cyril Biss OVal, but to turn around and see a midget getting chaired off behind me made me lose my sh1t. Talk about riding coat tails? Anyway, thanks again chaps. Been an absolute privilege. Good luck to all teams competing in finals.

Week 1 finals
Caulfield over Haileybury. Scruff best side I have seen in Prem C over the past 2 seasons and off to Pem B.

Williamstown to upset Marcellin on Sunday.

Good luck to all

Week 1 finals
Caulfield over Haileybury. Scruff best side I have seen in Prem C over the past 2 seasons and off to Pem B.

Williamstown to upset Marcellin on Sunday.

Good luck to all

Fact beats fiction 2411 - Caulfield was not the best team last season when the whips were cracking.
Hopefully this year they know how to step up.
All the best.

Fact beats fiction 2411 - Caulfield was not the best team last season when the whips were cracking.
Hopefully this year they know how to step up.
All the best.

Welcome back Rissoles
Fair point, agree they didn't win the important ones but over the past 2 season they have been the best team in Pem C..
Just because the most important games didn't go their way doesn't reflect the season IMO

Welcome back Rissoles
Fair point, agree they didn't win the important ones but over the past 2 season they have been the best team in Pem C..
Just because the most important games didn't go their way doesn't reflect the season IMO

Good morning all

Season 2016...IMO there was nothing between Mazenod and Caulfield and then Peninsla were the third best side.....but in the finals Caulfield were overrun by the bigger bodies .

Season 2017...I think we recruited well with some size but we have lost a couple of them to season ending injuries...however our young guys are will have learnt from last year and have another season under the belt..

I think OH and Caulfield are very close...OH have their VFL players in and that makes a huge difference.

But I think there's a reasonable gap to third ....so even if it doesn't go our way today I am confident of our chances next week

Good luck 2411....hope your still in it next week

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back