C Section Premier C - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cats amongst the pigeons in Premier C! Tall poppies are being toppled. Old Ivanhoe led all day until the last quarter. Williamstown never took the foot off the pedal against the Pirates. The Wellers played their big ground too well against St Mary's. Old Geelong led all day against Mentone. Fitzroy kicked themselves out of it with 3.8 in the first and kept score-less in the second. I'm tipping the airport wind was up and howling in their game.
One more game til the halfway mark. Not a huge difference between the top four. The rest of the ladder could finish anywhere. Game on!

The cats amongst the pigeons in Premier C! Tall poppies are being toppled. Old Ivanhoe led all day until the last quarter. Williamstown never took the foot off the pedal against the Pirates. The Wellers played their big ground too well against St Mary's. Old Geelong led all day against Mentone. Fitzroy kicked themselves out of it with 3.8 in the first and kept score-less in the second. I'm tipping the airport wind was up and howling in their game.
One more game til the halfway mark. Not a huge difference between the top four. The rest of the ladder could finish anywhere. Game on!

Great write up! You should be a scribe!!
Agree that it’s shaping as a ripper.
Your tipping comp is also nice and tight.
Only 4 tips from first to last. Time for everyone to start doing their homework on a Friday night.
If George Burbury was still hooped, I’d be almost having the Cats as equal favourites. They are starting to purr..

Hippster. i see you float between the grades with your comments. How much VAFA footy do you watch or is there a Hippster collection whom report into you so you can make your informed comments?
As and you seem to be a Roy supporter, why did they lose on the weekend?

Hippster. i see you float between the grades with your comments. How much VAFA footy do you watch or is there a Hippster collection whom report into you so you can make your informed comments?
As and you seem to be a Roy supporter, why did they lose on the weekend?

Hello amofootyfan, top of the morning to you. I enjoy watching as much VAFA as possible. It’s a great comp. VAFA TV is also great for catching up on some premier action. Not a Roy’s supporter, but have always enjoyed their presence in the upper grades. As a club, they bring some great spirit. Their form has been incredible, so they have certainly caught my eye this year. Didn’t see last week, but the PEGS home ground is one of the biggest home ground advantages in the AMMOS. This combined with let down after the top of the table clash the week before where the Roy’s would have been up, plus you need to lose one at some stage would be my take. But I saw no action.

Tips for this week:
Roy’s to bounce back hard. The Wellers to feel some pain.
Willy to put the PEGS back out on the line.
STMS in a must win game at home over Mentone will salute.
Marcellin but only just me mateys.
Geelong comfortably.
Good tipping C Boys.

Round 9

Fitzroy - Wellers picked a bad week to draw the comp favs on the rebound!
Williamstown - though PEGS are hot, can they do it away from home? For me, not at Willy this time.
Mentone - StM at home could cause an upset if Old Mentone don't bring their A game, but OMs should be too strong.
Marcellin - Pirates at home but current form makes it hard to give them the edge with Marcellin looking for 3 away wins in a row.
Geelong - OI will be looking to bounce back after great start last week only to have injuries and momentum see the game slip away. Can they overcome OGs who will go in as strong favourites? For me, not this time round.

itzroy vs Old Camberwell
Williamstown vs PEGS
St Mary's Salesian vs Old Mentonians
Peninsula vs Marcellin
Old Geelong vs Old Ivanhoe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

itzroy vs Old Camberwell
Williamstown vs PEGS
St Mary's Salesian vs Old Mentonians
Peninsula vs Marcellin
Old Geelong
vs Old Ivanhoe
Fitzroy
PEGS
Marcellin
Old Geelong
Old Mentone

Think PEGS can show last week wasn’t a one off. Solid team in tomorrow

Well done to the Wellers. Didn’t see that coming. Some fantastic people down there. Thrilled for them.
We now have a top 6 fighting things out.
And I think we have a clear bottom 2.
That leaves two in no mans land. A scary place to be. Get complacent and things can fall apart. Dare to dream and fight hard and perhaps a back end run is possible. We are in for a great back half C boys!

Well done to the Wellers. Didn’t see that coming. Some fantastic people down there. Thrilled for them.
We now have a top 6 fighting things out.
And I think we have a clear bottom 2.
That leaves two in no mans land. A scary place to be. Get complacent and things can fall apart. Dare to dream and fight hard and perhaps a back end run is possible. We are in for a great back half C boys!

I suggest you are a premature speculator, Hippster. We've hit the half way mark and there's a lot to happen in the next half. There will be plenty of surprises to come I would suggest. I wonder what the Wellers odds were for knocking off Fitzroy? Anything could happen.

I suggest you are a premature speculator, Hippster. We've hit the half way mark and there's a lot to happen in the next half. There will be plenty of surprises to come I would suggest. I wonder what the Wellers odds were for knocking off Fitzroy? Anything could happen.

No prizes for cuming second Rissoles.

Last edited:
PEGS would rue that first quarter yesterday. 2.10 and most of the misses were gettable (including the 3 touched on the goal line).

Agree pazza, the should have been iced in the first had 80% of the play and missed some easy shots
28 scoring shots to 13 told the tale for the rest of the game

PEGs are a well balanced team based on what I saw yesterday
Number 20, 12 and 16 are their key players along with 10 if he can get hold of the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back