Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopes for Wellers swelling?
After 4 rounds, they sat 10th.
After 6 rounds, 8th at 2-4.
Since then 7-0.
Including a 4 goal away win at Fitzroy.
2 horse race..or are Camberwell the real deal?
Thoughts?
No chance
Believe that they are basically fully fit. A lot of clubs have been hit hard by injury and players overseas. Watched them first hand last week and they were down 3 goals with 10 min to go against PEGS, 25 m penalty got them back, resulted in goal, encroaching the mark!!! Argh! PEGS player kicked to a OC forward in front of goal via switch and they kicked one through centre clearance, great play after damage was done to kick 4 within 10 min to win. PEGS lost the game themselves. From what I have seen it’s a two horse race, Geelong absolute best could push top 2.
They do have Bennett down back who plays that intercept mark and rebound role, solid forward who actually played well on Fahey, hart goes alright, and the fb did a solid job on Rominyak. A fit Campbell in the ruck in the finals would help them

Last edited:

From what I’ve seen, I’d have OGs just ahead of OC but neither close enough to top two on their day. I can’t see the 4 changing at this point. But amo footy throws up strange results every year with the two team relegation system so don’t get too comfortable people!!

Yes, agree with previous comments about injuries/availabilities hurting teams but let’s face it that will always be the case unless you get really lucky! There might be a few get 5 tips this round though OI v PEGS looms as the close one. Perhaps SMS can give Peninsula a run for their money.
Round 14 Tips:-

Old Ivanhoe vs PEGS
Old Geelong vs Old Mentonians
Williamstown CYMS vs Marcellin
Old Camberwell vs Fitzroy
Peninsula
vs St Mary's Salesian

From what I’ve seen, I’d have OGs just ahead of OC but neither close enough to top two on their day. I can’t see the 4 changing at this point. But amo footy throws up strange results every year with the two team relegation system so don’t get too comfortable people!!

Yes, agree with previous comments about injuries/availabilities hurting teams but let’s face it that will always be the case unless you get really lucky! There might be a few get 5 tips this round though OI v PEGS looms as the close one. Perhaps SMS can give Peninsula a run for their money.
Round 14 Tips:-

Old Ivanhoe vs PEGS
Old Geelong vs Old Mentonians
Williamstown CYMS vs Marcellin
Old Camberwell vs Fitzroy
Peninsula
vs St Mary's Salesian

Woger that. I will also take these tips.
Nice crisp morning.
In the spirit of Cadel and poor Richie..I’m off on the bike.

Big win for the Hoers.
The Good Hoes turned up today.

Last game for the big No.20 from PEGS. Been a legend of both PEGS and the VAFA, playing grades from Premier A down to D1.

His battle with Big Dave was worth the price of admission. To old warriors belted into each other. With both players being judged their team's best player.

Max "4 from 4 for the 1st time in 2018" Leader

The Good Hoes turned up today.

Last game for the big No.20 from PEGS. Been a legend of both PEGS and the VAFA, playing grades from Premier A down to D1.

His battle with Big Dave was worth the price of admission. To old warriors belted into each other. With both players being judged their team's best player.

Max "4 from 4 for the 1st time in 2018" Leader

Nice one Max.
Can’t see the top 4 or bottom 2 changing in C Grade. It looks locked.

Yeah good one Max and Pazza’s right, big win for the hoes. Would have been good to see that ruck duel! (I assume u speak of Bruno v Baddeley, Max?)

I agree Hippster, it’s a lock.

I’m calling it now: Willy for flag
(they have improved, clean ball movement and don’t rely on too few with many avenues to goal even if key forwards are well held, good running team like Fitzroy, but I’m just putting them a smidge ahead. Some real smooth ball users and good running team. They’ve played best Prem C footy I’ve seen this year
Roy’s runners up (with apologies coz they look good too)
OGs third in close one and
OC 4th after finals finish
Credit to both those two teams who likewise having very good years. Even spread of good players and deserve finals spots
Other predictions?
Still four rounds of exciting Prem C to come!

Poor game from PEGS. Had been coming for a while. Rob Baddeley is heading overseas with work and potentially played his last game for the club. Made team of the 50 years, has been our ruck out of school 2005-2018. One club player, had multiple offers to play in the EDFL, has helped the club off the field, his old man has been club doctor, fair to say he is a legend of the club and the VAFA. Played in A grade, played mainly in B and C and was one of the premier rucks. Great bloke, awesome family, will be hard to replace. David Fahey PEGS chb has also gone overseas for work, will be back in two years. Both men will be hard to replace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor game from PEGS. Had been coming for a while. Rob Baddeley is heading overseas with work and potentially played his last game for the club. Made team of the 50 years, has been our ruck out of school 2005-2018. One club player, had multiple offers to play in the EDFL, has helped the club off the field, his old man has been club doctor, fair to say he is a legend of the club and the VAFA. Played in A grade, played mainly in B and C and was one of the premier rucks. Great bloke, awesome family, will be hard to replace. David Fahey PEGS chb has also gone overseas for work, will be back in two years. Both men will be hard to replace.

Can I emplore all ruckman to watch the start of last quarter OI v PEGS for on of the best pieces of tap work seen in VAFA. You don5 need to be 25 and 7 foot tall to be a good ruckman.

Campbell v Bruno this week. It will be a classic contest.

PS

Players like Rob Badeley should be lauded by the VAFA for his loyalty. Don’t just pander to the A Grade clubs.

Old Ivanhoe v Old Camberwell - Home form is good
St Mary's v Marcellin - Ground size may cause Marc some issues
Old Mentonians v Fitzroy - Too good and classy
Peninsula v Old Geelong - Pirate's last chance but OG's too much to play for.
PEGS v Williamstown - No Baddeley and No Fahey No PEGS

Max "Follow the Leader" Leader

Old Ivanhoe v Old Camberwell - Home form is good
St Mary's v Marcellin - Ground size may cause Marc some issues
Old Mentonians v Fitzroy - Too good and classy
Peninsula v Old Geelong - Pirate's last chance but OG's too much to play for.
PEGS v Williamstown - No Baddeley and No Fahey No PEGS

Max "Follow the Leader" Leader

Ivanhoe on a thriller.
St Marys to surprise the wounded Eagles.
Royboys too strong.
Geelong just at Peninsula.
Willy to roll the PEGS.

Round 15 Tips:-

Old Ivanhoe vs Old Camberwell
St Mary's Salesian vs Marcellin
Old Mentonians vs Fitzroy
PEGS vs Williamstown CYMS
Peninsula vs Old Geelong

Old Ivanhoe looked ok v PEGS.
Marcellin
Fitzroy
Willy. Some huge outs for PEGS, over 10 of best 18 out.
OG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back