C Section Premier C - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the players have to sign an undertaking declaring they would not change clubs in 2018? Obviously OGs are disappointed in losing such a good footballer but it goes both ways. Players leave to play a better standard and then on the flip side others depart higher grades to find their own level and often take some mates with them. It's been going on forever and is not likely to end anytime soon.

Maybe Collegians got him a better job or he simply does not want to play C grade anymore.

And If players want to fork out their own hard earned then fair enough but any club that puts the hat around to subsidise one player on this ridiculous junket has rocks in their head. If you want to raise funds then it should be for the greater good of the club, not for an individual. More fool them.

He's already played at a better standard , a lot better standard. Ordinary effort , too much money at Collegians.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's already played at a better standard , a lot better standard. Ordinary effort , too much money at Collegians.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If they obtained employment for him (and we don’t seem to know that for sure) then I agree it is a bit disingenuous, particularly if he still has that job. He is not a Geelong boy (he is Tasmanian) and has no links to any of the affiliate schools. I personally don’t like seeing players jump from one VAFA club to another but movement between grades does occur for the reasons already outlined.

How many D grade clubs have managed to land an ex-AFL player who then helps them win flag and a place in the Premier grades? While I understand their disappointment, overall they should be fairly happy with what he bought to the club.

He will be playing against my club this year and helps make an already strong Collegians team even better so I would much prefer he stayed at OGs. But just taking into account all the known facts I just don’t think there is any justification to be outraged.

Last edited:

If they obtained employment for him (and we don’t seem to know that for sure) then I agree it is a bit disingenuous, particularly if he still has that job. He is not a Geelong boy (he is Tasmanian) and has no links to any of the affiliate schools. I personally don’t like seeing players jump from one VAFA club to another but movement between grades does occur for the reasons already outlined.

How many D grade clubs have managed to land an ex-AFL player who then helps them win flag and a place in the Premier grades? While I understand their disappointment, overall they should be fairly happy with what he bought to the club.

He will be playing against my club this year and helps make an already strong Collegians team even better so I would much prefer he stayed at OGs. But just taking into account all the known facts I just don’t think there is any justification to be outraged.

Uni blacks for one. Chris Groom played D grade as did Judd Lalich.

Uni blacks for one. Chris Groom played D grade as did Judd Lalich.

Would not be too many, particuarly these days. Lalich had a big say in getting them from D to B grade from memory. Don't remember Groom but will take your word for it. Kirzner for Ajax might be another but can't recall if he played in premiership.

Last edited:
Would not be too many, particuarly these days. Lalich had a big say in getting them from D to B grade from memory. Don't remember Groom but will take your word for it. Kirzner for Ajax might be another but can't recall if he played in premiership.

Blacks also got mark Bolton in B. Dean Matthews played AFL and win a flag in D2 with bulleen.

Ormond got ex junior Matt Robbins straight from the Dogs in 08 and won the flag.
On the query from GI about coaching payments , I believe an ex Monder is on their payroll and is paid very well.

Ormond got ex junior Matt Robbins straight from the Dogs in 08 and won the flag.
On the query from GI about coaching payments , I believe an ex Monder is on their payroll and is paid very well.

An ex Monder.....what is that? and on whose payroll?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blacks also got mark Bolton in B. Dean Matthews played AFL and win a flag in D2 with bulleen.
Dean Matthews was drafted from Bulleen Temp when they were in B grade. Played all his juniors at the club and returned their straight after he got delisted. Was offered crazy cash every year to leave (including from AMMO clubs). Played over 300 VAFA games I reckon.

Big changes at the nest yesterday.

Resignation of:

Senior Coach
Assistant Coach
President
Football Director
Committeman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back