C Section Premier C - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear this is unsubstantiated but in summary I heard it was a falling out with the President, footy manager and perhaps one or more of the assistants. As often happens when someone is in the gun others tend to "pile on" so it may have started as a dispute between Ash and one other.

Probably best for someone closer to the fire than me to accurately report on the goings on. What I do know is that Ash got the lemonade and until last week that was not an expected outcome. Have heard (and this is also unsubstantiated) that he has already been sounded out for a return to Oakleigh.

Is this a bit of “you can’t sack me because I quit!!”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be clear this is unsubstantiated but in summary I heard it was a falling out with the President, footy manager and perhaps one or more of the assistants. As often happens when someone is in the gun others tend to "pile on" so it may have started as a dispute between Ash and one other.

Probably best for someone closer to the fire than me to accurately report on the goings on. What I do know is that Ash got the lemonade and until last week that was not an expected outcome. Have heard (and this is also unsubstantiated) that he has already been sounded out for a return to Oakleigh.

Don’t know him that well , I think he’s better than that level

Surprised Ash Lever got boned at Ormond. Was highly respected at my club as an assistant during a pretty tough year a few seasons back. A few of our blokes happy to follow him across so he seemed well liked. Obviously I have no idea what happened but there are rumours of a bust up with other club personnel mid- last week. Hardly an ideal preparation for a preliminary final. Sad end for a good bloke who took them from D grade to the cusp of B grade.

Does this pave the way for the return of the Messiah Russell Barnes (with his son in tow of course !)

Bedford – are you able or willing to shed some light?
Not much light atm , absolutely shattered , some of the great people ive met in local sport are gone.

It's all lost in the mists of time, Workhorse.

One of those feuds that runs for generations and nobody remembers what it was about, or if they do know that it was just because someone wearing the wrong shoes looked sideways at someone wearing a particular jumper as they walked past Gunn Reserve in 1984, they won't admit it because it would make them lose face, and it's much simpler to keep the niggle flowing.

It’s going to be a rainy day on Saturday, which means the wet conditions will favour Williamstown. The rain would hamper AJAX’s key strength, which is their running game.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

After a couple of days inside in a very wet Sydney I thought I’d have a look at the coaches record at Ormond. Lever had gone grand final , relegation, Prelim , and Prelim . The reserves coach had gone , finals And Prelim. Amazing stuff from a club who were on the up .

Maybe you should stay there.

The predicted wet conditions should favour the big bodies from Willy , but Ajax have become a real well coached team.
Will be a nail biter and Willy by 5 points and who knows they might choke if it gets close.
Reserves to be won by Old Ivanhoe by 2 goals , best side Ormond played all year.

I'm hoping for 2 great contests trevor Barker Oval on Saturday, can't go past willy in the seniors, I tip Willy by 35 (But hope Ajax can win!) and the margin to be within a goal either way in the 2's.
Either way it's looking to be a great day of Footy, the rain presents a great curveball to all teams involved.

Still there'll be a Wet Ground - therefore a wet footy, i presume the drainage at Trevor Barker is pretty good though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all lost in the mists of time, Workhorse.

One of those feuds that runs for generations and nobody remembers what it was about, or if they do know that it was just because someone wearing the wrong shoes looked sideways at someone wearing a particular jumper as they walked past Gunn Reserve in 1984, they won't admit it because it would make them lose face, and it's much simpler to keep the niggle flowing.
My dear Postie. You're a trick. I have the feeling that in your paid role in literary circles as a - I think - an editor you have been reading way too much fiction lately. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. If you get my drift..........

The chatter about the happenings at Monderville are alarming. Ormond is a great club with a long and proud history dating way back to the reasons for its formation.

It was concerning to see the demise of the U19s as they have formed a significant part of the Monders success. As too was the clubs incapacity to keep a ladies team viable.

I have no insight into the current happenings, although summarily dismissing all the coaching staff does appear heavy handed and not good management practice.

I'm sure all of us who have had a relationship with the Monders, in one way or another, hope that those involved in the imbroglio can sort themselves out quickly in order to stop the bleeding.

Without off-field competence and stability durable on-field success is unachievable.

My dear Postie. You're a trick. I have the feeling that in your paid role in literary circles as a - I think - an editor you have been reading way too much fiction lately. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. If you get my drift..........

The chatter about the happenings at Monderville are alarming. Ormond is a great club with a long and proud history dating way back to the reasons for its formation.

It was concerning to see the demise of the U19s as they have formed a significant part of the Monders success. As too was the clubs incapacity to keep a ladies team viable.

I have no insight into the current happenings, although summarily dismissing all the coaching staff does appear heavy handed and not good management practice.

I'm sure all of us who have had a relationship with the Monders, in one way or another, hope that those involved in the imbroglio can sort themselves out quickly in order to stop the bleeding.

Without off-field competence and stability durable on-field success is unachievable.

Needs a few changes for that to happen, would love to return.

I only heard that Ash Lever and Jason Burt got marched (through DLS connections). Did not know it was a summary execution of all and sundry.

Time to get Barney back. He bleeds brown and blue and has been coaching the 2s at SMBT so still in the game. While his methods might be a bit outdated, surely young Michael would follow and MB would be just about the best player in C grade. Might bring a few others with him as well. They could do worse than ask.

I only heard that Ash Lever and Jason Burt got marched (through DLS connections). Did not know it was a summary execution of all and sundry.

Time to get Barney back. He bleeds brown and blue and has been coaching the 2s at SMBT so still in the game. While his methods might be a bit outdated, surely young Michael would follow and MB would be just about the best player in C grade. Might bring a few others with him as well. They could do worse than ask.

Don’t worry Burt is still there , enough said .

Why haven’t they go 19’s... surely they’re a destination club in the area?

Good game in windy conditions, Ormond had a real crack and looked a chance at times . Willy too big . If those young chaps umpiring are from a higher grade the VAFA have problems .

Ahh yes, nothing surer than an Ormond loss followed by whinging about the umpires...FYI if you’ve got a problem with those umpires, you’ve clearly got NFI!

Congratulations to Ajax who in my opinion were always going to be the better team of the two yesterday. In those conditions, their run and carry along with their ball use would have picked apart Ormond’s unpredictable/kamikaze game style.

Sets it up for what should be a cracking Grand Final. Both teams with a lot of momentum and a ton of support around them.
Question is will Trevor Barker be able to hold the amount of people heading out to Sandringham next Saturday? Ajax clearly have a huge following and I know for a fact the Williamstown faithful, including myself will be well and truly out and about to support the boys.
May have to put up the SOLD OUT sign at some stage.

Should be a ripper!

Lol that’s funny, an Ammo game filling TBO, hilarious

It was because the previous year the 17's got thrown out of a GF due to a witch hunt by the SMJFL . It was a minor issue with players going from 19s back to 17s having to be ticked off by the OJFC and they didn't . Should have been a fine and then parents and some players blamed the senior club. so no 17's for 2 years, but now have strong 16's and 15's , so one year away.
Also Jason Burt has been sensational for the club and is still there to clear up any doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back