C Section Premier C - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already can’t wait for the 2020 season ahead my ladder prediction is as follows;
1. Ormond
2. Old ivanhoe
3. Old Geelong
4. Mazenod
5. Marcellin
6. Monash Blues
7. Old Mentonians
8. Preston Bullants
9. Hampton
10. UHS-VU

Will be interesting to see how Willy and Ajax progress heading into Prem B - I predict Ajax will be bottom of the Table but willy have a lot of potential after dominating Premier C all year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The points system has no place in the VAFA, period. E.g. If half a dozen of Simon Buckley's best mates from Melb, Coll & country footy said let's have a kick together at Ormond for a couple of years before retiring, Ormond would have to turn half of them away. Madness. You cannot tell people where to play if they're doing it for nothing. It was intended for the paying comps to stop them poaching each other's best players i.e. Vermont, Deer Park, Aberfeldie etc

I'd hesitate to write off Preston and UHS too early. Both clubs have a strong winning culture and feel they will be able to win games in this division

Will be interested to see how Preston and UHS go in a Premier section. Not traditional old money VAFA clubs

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Old money????

I had a great chat with a former player at pp day this year who said he played A grade with us after he got the boot from st kilda in 1970 now that’s the oldest money I have heard! It’s so old it pre dates the dollar (I think)

But seriously it’s good to be ‘back’ after a round about 40 year gap hopefully we can make an impact

Old money????

I had a great chat with a former player at pp day this year who said he played A grade with us after he got the boot from st kilda in 1970 now that’s the oldest money I have heard! It’s so old it pre dates the dollar (I think)

Nope, 14th February 1966 was the dollar.,😁😁😁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The points system has no place in the VAFA, period. E.g. If half a dozen of Simon Buckley's best mates from Melb, Coll & country footy said let's have a kick together at Ormond for a couple of years before retiring, Ormond would have to turn half of them away. Madness. You cannot tell people where to play if they're doing it for nothing. It was intended for the paying comps to stop them poaching each other's best players i.e. Vermont, Deer Park, Aberfeldie etc

If what you want is for the current set-up where the powerful, wealthy, connected school clubs and the strong university clubs, all with solid networks, continue to rule the roost then you'll be happy to get rid of the points system.

On the other hand, if you want to at least attempt to even the playing field and give the less connected - particularly district - clubs a shot at establishing a foothold in the top division you'll be for the points system.

It's here to stay. Hopefully with modifications, so get use to it.

If what you want is for the current set-up where the powerful, wealthy, connected school clubs and the strong university clubs, all with solid networks, continue to rule the roost then you'll be happy to get rid of the points system.

On the other hand, if you want to at least attempt to even the playing field and give the less connected - particularly district - clubs a shot at establishing a foothold in the top division you'll be for the points system.

It's here to stay. Hopefully with modifications, so get use to it.
Hampton Rovers is one of the biggest junior clubs in Victoria, so is Beaumaris. They have a massive opportunity to be super powerful if their players want to play there, regardless of points. You’ll find that at every successful club there is one person or a group of people who make it their life mission to drag their club to the top, regardless of whom, what or where.

Quinton Gleeson built that Blues Premiership this year, no-one else. It just takes someone who’s sick of underachieving to say enough is enough.

Hampton Rovers is one of the biggest junior clubs in Victoria, so is Beaumaris. They have a massive opportunity to be super powerful if their players want to play there, regardless of points. You’ll find that at every successful club there is one person or a group of people who make it their life mission to drag their club to the top, regardless of whom, what or where.

Quinton Gleeson built that Blues Premiership this year, no-one else. It just takes someone who’s sick of underachieving to say enough is enough.
A tad simplistic there, Dougie.

There are extremely hard working dedicated people at both Rovers and Ormond. Both clubs have good junior set-ups but lose players to not only paying comps but other VAFA clubs too. Some snagged by their schools after those clubs have nurtured them.

What they don't have is a wealthy school trust that tips in buckets; a strong network of power brokers; a ready-made school based recruiting nursery; the possibility of scholarships; connections to the commercial sector; top rate facilities that eventuated, in large part, as a result of the big bucks those associated with the club tipped in, et al. Like, say, SKOB.

Anyway, the points system is here to stay, as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back