C Section Premier C - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now JJ! I have enormous respect for your posting here, but really! Think you suffer from a malady quite common on this board called Ammo-amour ie a blind love for amateur footy.

(1) There wouldn't be a club that uses fly-ins that doesn't cover transport costs. I'm not only referring to clubs in the bigger comps either. I know of clubs in the Ovens & King who do it.

Garlett could get $3000 a game and not have to travel far from the metro area to get it. Perhaps even get a limousine to-and-from the ground on match days. ;)

(2) Garlett is no chump and would cut a swath through the 'C' division. Running off half back, where Maxie had him pencilled in.

(3) "Sets himself up for life" C'mon JJ. You could count the number of players who have set themselves up for life due to being connected to an ammo club on the fingers of one hand and have some over. Nor are the ammos the only comp where connections are established. Candidly, if I was a young player looking for an employment/networking bunk-up I'd be heading for somewhere like the Sorrento Sharks. A game day luncheon there is a who's who of Melbourne top movers-n-shakers. Scotty Palmer is a top host too.

(4) Haven't heard any racial slurs at any comp I've attended for yonks. Those days are long gone.

(5) Even though Maxwell has taken quite an exception to my earlier post (some might even suggest gross overreaction), in which I was really doing little more than stating the bleeding obvious, I too had hoped the Hoes could land him. Disappointing if they haven't.
Don’t disagree with you AM. I have been in the ammo bubble for a long, long time but constantly hear about the perilous state of country footy. Also agree that Garlett is no chump but I just cannot reconcile payments to this extent while at the same time hearing stories of how stuffed country football is. 40k is about a 5th of this supposed salary cap (200K?) that was intended to even up the various competitions so not sure how that can even happen.

Setting up for life. Fair enough and I might have over played that. It’s no guarantee however club networks can set you on the right path but whether it is lifetime thing is entirely up to the individual. One thing for sure if that the opportunities exist and doors can be opened but many prefer the short term option. If that sort of money is on offer then I guess you cannot blame them.

Perhaps I need to take the blinkers off but you need to take you ear muffs off. While occurrences are thankfully far less frequent, racial abuse still occurs. We have even had a number of high profile cases in Premier Division in recent times, one involving a recently returned star player. Also had one in a final not long ago. Many, like one involving a reserves player from my club last season, are dealt with club to club by way of an apology and education. So to say those days are long gone is sadly not true.

B grade page saying Mentonians have picked up a handful from St Bedes, can anyone confirm this and would this put them in the box seat?

Harrison Burt and Steve Toolongs as well.
Wow Steve Tolongs to Ormond what a great get! His experience from playing at 6 or 7 different clubs and his character as a great club person will be a huge benefit to the Monders. Sure to add value to club culture is our Steve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he white ant you champ.
Firstly I think its past your bedtime Bedford! Secondly, no he did not white ant. I am simply referring to him and his loyalty to the multiple clubs he has played for. Mordi, Oakleigh, De La, Mansfield, Ormond!! Seems to stay for 5 minutes then moves on which is hardly great for club culture. I'm sure Ash would have left this one alone!

Firstly I think its past your bedtime Bedford! Secondly, no he did not white ant. I am simply referring to him and his loyalty to the multiple clubs he has played for. Mordi, Oakleigh, De La, Mansfield, Ormond!! Seems to stay for 5 minutes then moves on which is hardly great for club culture. I'm sure Ash would have left this one alone!
You can add Murrumbeena and at least one other country club to that list. To be fair at least he’s not moving for coin this time. He will be a real handful in C grade. Ormond looking really good and with Old Mentonians might be the early favs.

You can add Murrumbeena and at least one other country club to that list. To be fair at least he’s not moving for coin this time. He will be a real handful in C grade. Ormond looking really good and with Old Mentonians might be the early favs.
why would old mentoninas be early favs? would of thought OI, Mazenod, Old Geelong and Monash would all be ahead of them

why would old mentoninas be early favs? would of thought OI, Mazenod, Old Geelong and Monash would all be ahead of them
Fair point but I just don't know enough about the other clubs but have seen some of the OM's recruits play in Premier. They have added some seasoned ‘A’ grade players and Robertson was one of the comps best for a time. If fit he will take the P155 in C grade.

Don’t profess to be an expert on C grade but from all accounts OM's were OK last year and just need some top end talent, which they have added in spades. Likewise, Ormond have added some genuine quality and IMHO that will set them apart.

Say if TAB Sportsbet decided to run a market on the VAFA Premier C premiership, who would be the bookies's favourites heading into the 2020 season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back