C Section Premier C - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
VAFA failing to provide umpires to some women's, 19s and 3rds games, No boundaries below B grade and they tell clubs this on Thursday night / Friday morning . I'll say again how much money has been spent on recruitment in the past 7 years ? how much further money has been invested in coaches ? why did the previous coach quit on short notice ? was it because he was treated like trash the previous season ?

goal umps more important than boundary .. Debatable .. I'd say all umps are important .. BUT when it comes to finding someone to fill that roll that will fall at the feet of clubs it is a lot easier to find goal umps than boundary umps and is why boundary should be paid more.

Same ridiculous argument the EFL used to get rid of boundaries in junior games. It’s very easy to find someone’s younger brother or sister or an injured player to run the boundary. Goal umpiring actually requires someone to know what they’re doing or you’re going to end up with big problems in a close game.

If a boundary umpire gets a call wrong, no one cares. A goal umpire and all hell breaks loose.

Same ridiculous argument the EFL used to get rid of boundaries in junior games. It’s very easy to find someone’s younger brother or sister or an injured player to run the boundary. Goal umpiring actually requires someone to know what they’re doing or you’re going to end up with big problems in a close game.

If a boundary umpire gets a call wrong, no one cares. A goal umpire and all hell breaks loose.
please sit down before you hurt yourself . again you have not shown one example of recruitment investment in past 7 years ? in that time the comp has more than doubled in size ? payment issues past few seasons ? VAFA is one small issue away from folding

please sit down before you hurt yourself . again you have not shown one example of recruitment investment in past 7 years ? in that time the comp has more than doubled in size ? payment issues past few seasons ? VAFA is one small issue away from folding

lol, one small issue from folding? Hilarious overreaction

As an umpire I never had an issue being paid by the VAFA. Whilst not a current VAFA umpire I have heard no complaints other than the field umpires who get overlooked for higher levels. Yet they keep coming back. The VAFA umpiring department is in far healthier shape than most other suburban leagues. It’s why people go away and come back most of the time.

lol, one small issue from folding? Hilarious overreaction

As an umpire I never had an issue being paid by the VAFA. Whilst not a current VAFA umpire I have heard no complaints other than the field umpires who get overlooked for higher levels. Yet they keep coming back. The VAFA umpiring department is in far healthier shape than most other suburban leagues. It’s why people go away and come back most of the time.
"As an Umpire" ? Pay has been late almost every time since 2017 including 2x it was half a year late .. Come have a coffee and I'll show you bank records against VAFAUA pay agreements. Do we also need to raise the VAFA failing to pay bills and having power cut off ? or the fact they had zero money in accounts at multiple times in past few years ...

Just wanted to bring up some comments about umpire availability in Premier C strand. Is it correct that for the first time in living memory no boundaries appointed in Premier C? Also some women's/thirds games without one VAFA umpire? If even half true what is the point of expanding the competitions beyond what you can service? As well did I glean that all the VAFUA coaching staff salaries are paid by the VAFA clubs [yes the 70 odd clubs chipping in again] and not by the umpires association themselves??? Would love an answer to this?

Financially the VAFA would have budgeted for "X" expenditure for umpires which of course is paid by the clubs. Big savings I smell for the VAFA in 2021. But of course the savings will be passed back to the clubs - FAT F CHANCE. Just another reason why the VAFA Admin/Board are a disgrace asking clubs for full affiliation fees for 2021 keeping in mind that Job Keeper has been kicking in for 5 months as well as the clubs 100% ASK.

It is a double blow for clubs that would now have to pay extra to get people to field/boundary in some cases.

I can just see the broad smile of the VAFA Admin, the Treasurer mighty Mick and the Board announcing a profit in 2021 at the AGM based on clubs financial hardships. We straightened the ship and back on track!

WAKE UP CLUBS
YOU ARE GETTING STICHED
THE OPEN EYE

:thumbsdown::mad:

Good setup at Preston, good crowd for their flag unfurling. Tight first half then Monash hit the jets. Preston lots of injuries and not much depth to cover. Great to be back at local footy.

What happened down at Boss James, Max?

I expected the Rovers to be there about this year but that is a massive win for the over the Hoers.

What happened down at Boss James, Max?

I expected the Rovers to be there about this year but that is a massive win for the over the Hoers.
I was moving home on Saturday, so I couldnt make it.

However,

Boss on a windy day is a difficult proposition.

our preseason form appeared to be very solid.

We thought our fitness would see us through, especially coming into the last, but to HR’s credit, they not only held on, but went away.

Always next week. We have plenty of depth.

Max “downsizing” Leader

Yeah I am not worried about your boys. Great win for the Rovers.

Massive game next week against OG.

Marcellin Mazenod is also a big game. UHS getting pumped was no surprise so that should show where Marcellin are at early.

I made my way down to Ormond/OM. OM were stiff not to be in it at half time. Very tall lineup up forward and Miriams looks to be a handy in. Lots of good contested ball winners. Their issue will be defence. Calthart had his way down there and they did not have a match up for either of Ormond's key positions.

Mentone pulled the stunt they did against Rovers 2 years ago by telling Ormond half way through the ressies game that the seniors would be on the bottom ground . Absolute disgrace that they can do that , surely they have to notify the oppo well ahead. It didn't bother Ormond who should have won by more . Darcy Brown for Mentone is a gun.

Yeah I am not worried about your boys. Great win for the Rovers.

Massive game next week against OG.

Marcellin Mazenod is also a big game. UHS getting pumped was no surprise so that should show where Marcellin are at early.

I made my way down to Ormond/OM. OM were stiff not to be in it at half time. Very tall lineup up forward and Miriams looks to be a handy in. Lots of good contested ball winners. Their issue will be defence. Calthart had his way down there and they did not have a match up for either of Ormond's key positions.
Great win by Rovers 2 down on the bench.

Mentone pulled the stunt they did against Rovers 2 years ago by telling Ormond half way through the ressies game that the seniors would be on the bottom ground .

Hmmm... "No we're not going to do it, unless you get approval under section 3.9 from HQ."

Be interesting to see if a) there's a grey area if an oval change is considered to be a ground change, and b) if they could get an answer from HQ within the hour before ball up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm... "No we're not going to do it, unless you get approval under section 3.9 from HQ."

Be interesting to see if a) there's a grey area if an oval change is considered to be a ground change, and b) if they could get an answer from HQ within the hour before ball up.
It was the coach that changed it .Earlier officials said the school wouldn't let them use the bottom ground . Also Oakleigh 19's were taken by surprise as they were using the bottom rooms.

Did anyone attend the OG Mazenod game? Would have expected OG to win by a little more.

OG seemed to be quite bullish about their chances, have not heard a peep from Mazenod so had in my head OG would do well. Intrigued by the game is all.

Heard Mazenod had plenty missing. Can't be sure though as you said not heard much at all before the season from them. Expected OG to be right up there also.

Hampton - This game could be closer than some may think. UHS have played very well at home over the years. Rovers by 20.
Old Ivanhoe - I expect them to bounce back this week at home. OG not convincing last week.
Ormond - Could be by 100.
Monash - I would expect a win upwards of 7 goals.
Marcellin - Match of the Round. Eagles by 20.

Just interested to judge what you guys with knowledge of the league think. It’s one thing to say what teams will win but it’s another to say by how much. Plus I’m trying to see where each team sits against each other. I know you have given final placing predictions but that was before the season started.

UHS-VU vs Hampton Rovers
Old Ivanhoe
vs Old Geelong
Ormond vs Preston Bullants
Monash Blues vs Old Mentonians
Marcellin vs Mazenod

UHS-VU vs Hampton Rovers
Old Ivanhoe
vs Old Geelong
Ormond vs Preston Bullants
Monash Blues vs Old Mentonians
Marcellin vs Mazenod
Ill take these.

If OI lose, puts them on the back foot.
If Marc lose, keeps them in the middle of the pack.
Old Ment lose, will be a struggle for the rest of the year.
If HR lose, its because they got lost.
If Ormond lose its because they also got lost.

Max "If i lose, i will have to run the boundary for the season" Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back