Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OG - by 150
OI - by 30
Ormond - by 6
Monash - by 18
Preston - by 18

I would not be surprised if Hampton won this week. I think their mids match up well with Ormond's. Issue for them will be if they can hold the Monders forwards in check.

Preston have held their own for three quarters against Monash and OG. Mentone got pumped by Monash from wire-to-wire. I'll back the Bullants to get on the board here.
Its not looking good for UHS-VU. Difficult for them to match all the talent available to the grammar schools.

Its not looking good for UHS-VU. Difficult for them to match all the talent available to the grammar schools.
It is hard to see. Losing the talent they have moving up a grade was never going to be sustainable, especially in a comp where any of the top 7 could be a chance for finals. I only hope they are competitive enough to keep some of their young players next year.

I have been impressed with Preston. They have the midfield to hold up in C grade, but lack depth elsewhere. Massive game against Mentone this week.

UHS-VU vs Old Geelong
Old Ivanhoe
vs Marcellin
Ormond vs Hampton Rovers
Monash Blues vs Mazenod
Preston vs Old Mentonians

I know it's early but the following stats are very interesting, especially as we are only 3 rounds in.

HR (29 players used, 14 played every game)
Mar (26 players used, 19 played every game)
Maz (27 players used, 18 played every game)
MB (24 players used, 19 played every game)
OGS (25 players used, 19 played every game)
OI (29 players used, 13 played every game) with another 2 making their debut tomorrow.
OM (27 players used, 17 played every game)
Orm (25 players used, 17 played every game)
Pres (31 players used, 14 played every game)
UHSOB (29 players used, 14 played every game)

Depth will be the key this year.

Max "Slow Friday" Leader

I know it's early but the following stats are very interesting, especially as we are only 3 rounds in.

HR (29 players used, 14 played every game)
Mar (26 players used, 19 played every game)
Maz (27 players used, 18 played every game)
MB (24 players used, 19 played every game)
OGS (25 players used, 19 played every game)
OI (29 players used, 13 played every game) with another 2 making their debut tomorrow.
OM (27 players used, 17 played every game)
Orm (25 players used, 17 played every game)
Pres (31 players used, 14 played every game)
UHSOB (29 players used, 14 played every game)

Depth will be the key this year.

Max "Slow Friday" Leader
How many Hammy's out at the moment Maxi and will i see you next week

No boundary umps again , but Div 1 has 2 games with 2 , work that out

The EYE is always up for the rort Bedbugs!

By looking at the first 3 rounds of umpire appointments Prem B gets the full book each week and Prem C does not get boundaries?

Would have thought the mighty B Grade clubs could take a hit at least every second week and have to provide boundaries!

Before you say, "We, B pay more," it won't be true if boundaries keep going this way. B Grade pay stuff all more when compared to Prem C + Prem C have to find/pay for a boundary each week something the cats" from Prem B don't?

Just another top shelf non transparent rort applied by the VAFA administration to leg up the so called, "big boys!" Presidents of C Grade show some balls and call it out.

THE EYE
SFO

:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is hard to see. Losing the talent they have moving up a grade was never going to be sustainable, especially in a comp where any of the top 7 could be a chance for finals. I only hope they are competitive enough to keep some of their young players next year.

I have been impressed with Preston. They have the midfield to hold up in C grade, but lack depth elsewhere. Massive game against Mentone this week.
From the one game I have watched which was against HR, they are a very small team. All have passion, some lack experience and basic skills let them down. The step up will show them what they need to work on in the off season if they want to get back up to Prem C again in 2023.

Just finished watching the final Q of the Monash/Hampton game.

Hampton have some crafty forwards, and some good contested ball winners. Carnovale and Smith, rotate through the middle and forward and excel in both areas.

Main takeaway - MacGregor Cameron is waaay to good for C grade footy. This bloke dominates and as a result the Monash mids get first look at the footy in the middle. I’d say he will be very very difficult to stop.

Hampton will feel that could have won the game, but if Monash had kicked straight they would have won by 3-4 goals.

Hampton vs. Ormond will tell a lot about both sides this week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes Big Mac goes OK. Will keep improving too....

UHS and OG was I think a lot closer than the score indicates. OG got a roll of goals in the first and third quarter. UHS couldn’t keep up the intensity when it mattered. The heads with more experience directed OG to the win. Dropping four or five chest marks in your forward 50 within kicking range doesn’t help your cause. A very good effort by UHS, if they bring that each week and improve their basic skills they would have to be happy.

Congratulations to Rovers after a great game all day they had a well deserved win . Fantastic turn up of Rovers people for lunch and a great after match with the Barnes Family medal going to Perkins from Hampton. Sad day for Cathcart of Ormond suffering another ACL injury in the last quarter and he was in agony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back