Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRoberts18

Debutant
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hampton - by 50. Preston have a really strong full back, but are leaky elsewhere. I would expect Preston's mids to put up a good fight but Hampton have the most dangerous midfield in the comp it seems. Smith (5) is a major ball winner and goal kicker. Will be good to see how the Calcedo boys go.
Mazenod - by 50. Not much to say here. I think the Nodders at 1-3 is deceiving a bit, but they have been getting pumped by the top sides. Playing OI, OG and Monash as their losses. They will separate themselves when they play UHS, Preston and OM I expect.
Old Ivanhoe - by 12. Monders look out of form and Ivanhoe look in form. Marcellin had a stronger team last week and I think Ivanhoe's bigs, especially if this Mirkov bloke plays, will be too much.
Monash - by 12. Hard to tip against them at the moment. Strong in the middle with Cameron in the ruck, forwards look dangerous. OG solid everywhere. Will be a good game.
Marcellin - by 18. OM looking good and will have some confidence after UHS and Preston, but Marcellin are very stiff not to be 3-1 it seems.

vafaeye

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2009
Melbourne
Hampton - by 50. Preston have a really strong full back, but are leaky elsewhere. I would expect Preston's mids to put up a good fight but Hampton have the most dangerous midfield in the comp it seems. Smith (5) is a major ball winner and goal kicker. Will be good to see how the Calcedo boys go.
Mazenod - by 50. Not much to say here. I think the Nodders at 1-3 is deceiving a bit, but they have been getting pumped by the top sides. Playing OI, OG and Monash as their losses. They will separate themselves when they play UHS, Preston and OM I expect.
Old Ivanhoe - by 12. Monders look out of form and Ivanhoe look in form. Marcellin had a stronger team last week and I think Ivanhoe's bigs, especially if this Mirkov bloke plays, will be too much.
Monash - by 12. Hard to tip against them at the moment. Strong in the middle with Cameron in the ruck, forwards look dangerous. OG solid everywhere. Will be a good game.
Marcellin - by 18. OM looking good and will have some confidence after UHS and Preston, but Marcellin are very stiff not to be 3-1 it seems.

The EAGLE EYE

Would like all VAFA TV C Grade enthusiasts to look at the goal given to Old Ivanhoe in round 3 v Mazenod.

First Quarter 19min 20 secs.
Not calling in the integrity of Old Ivanhoe BUUUUUTTTTT

THE EYE

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
The EAGLE EYE

Would like all VAFA TV C Grade enthusiasts to look at the goal given to Old Ivanhoe in round 3 v Mazenod.

First Quarter 19min 20 secs.
Not calling in the integrity of Old Ivanhoe BUUUUUTTTTT

THE EYE

I believe Maxy Leader already acknowledged this...

Whilst it doesn’t make up for the poor decision that cost OI a victory over Williamstown in Round 1 in 2019, the decision at the 19.20 mark of the 1st quarter OI vs Mazenod is the 2nd worst goal umpiring decision I’ve ever scene by a official umpire.

Max “Goffa was the fairest goal umpire ever” Leader

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Jesus H Christ on a pogo stick. Someone should whack a handbook around his head until Rule 12.1.3(d) sinks in. And signalling a goal 1m away from the post????

At least he didn't go galloping up the field to correct a score at the other end.

Aug 21, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Jesus H Christ on a pogo stick. Someone should whack a handbook around his head until Rule 12.1.3(d) sinks in. And signalling a goal 1m away from the post????

At least he didn't go galloping up the field to correct a score at the other end.

I believe they are now copying the AFL by giving goals from the closest point, judging by what the rest of the games are doing.

Feb 18, 2003
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool

Basically you signal a goal on the line it comes through...took some time to adjust but it works. Good fun sprinting to the flags though lol!

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Hampton Rovers vs Preston
Mazenod vs UHS-VU
Old Ivanhoe vs Ormond
Old Geelong vs Monash
Old Mentonians vs Marcellin

Two tough games to pick in the middle

May 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Good take this. Reckon Ormonds favs though.

Max Leader

Club Legend
Dec 6, 2005
Kaniva
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Kaniva
Played catch all day. Had a chance to take the lead in the last, but just didn't.

That's 3 times this year we put ourselves in a position to win against top 4 teams and blew it.

Two poor decisions gave Ormond two goals. (They also missed a couple for Ormond, but they didn't cost goals.)

Please do yourself a favour and go and watch Matt Suckling kick a football. Best I've seen in my VAFA watching. He does what he has to, without tearing teams up, but it's worth the price admittance. He is a decent guy just enjoying his football. We pressured him all day, with never had any intent of taking his head off, and that how it should be.

We have made it hard for ourselves, but it's only 5 games in.

Max "man crush for No. 4" Leader

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Played catch all day. Had a chance to take the lead in the last, but just didn't.

That's 3 times this year we put ourselves in a position to win against top 4 teams and blew it.

Two poor decisions gave Ormond two goals. (They also missed a couple for Ormond, but they didn't cost goals.)

Please do yourself a favour and go and watch Matt Suckling kick a football. Best I've seen in my VAFA watching. He does what he has to, without tearing teams up, but it's worth the price admittance. He is a decent guy just enjoying his football. We pressured him all day, with never had any intent of taking his head off, and that how it should be.

We have made it hard for ourselves, but it's only 5 games in.

Max "man crush for No. 4" Leader
Over The Post he never hit me with his flags ! bit sooky on the frees Max "you were behind all day " Leader.
Good game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
High intensity game at Como. Good pressure from both sides, Monash too even and a bit more polished. Bulldog Harris superb game in the guts. Big Monash contingent down there - great to see the superstar George Smyth back from the States.
How was the ground conditions Les , what is their strengths ?

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
2105c.jpg

jk4pm

Debutant
Jun 14, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
How was the ground conditions Les , what is their strengths ?
Ground a little heavy underfoot, and a bit slippery in the 3rd on account of the rain - overall no complaints. OG stuck to a game plan of going wide of the contest to try and catch Monash on the outside with the switch. But it’s a long way to goal that way on Como and the plan did not serve them well. OGs well beaten at the stoppages and Monash a pretty even spread of goal kickers so far this year.
Hampton a 5 goal better team than OGs at this stage of season.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Ground a little heavy underfoot, and a bit slippery in the 3rd on account of the rain - overall no complaints. OG stuck to a game plan of going wide of the contest to try and catch Monash on the outside with the switch. But it’s a long way to goal that way on Como and the plan did not serve them well. OGs well beaten at the stoppages and Monash a pretty even spread of goal kickers so far this year.
Hampton a 5 goal better team than OGs at this stage of season.
I see Soylemez from Rovers kicked 2 in the AFL young guns game , he kicked 5 for Rovers against Ormond the week before.

jk4pm

Debutant
Jun 14, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I see Soylemez from Rovers kicked 2 in the AFL young guns game , he kicked 5 for Rovers against Ormond the week before.
Only question is whether HR get enough games in him for finals. They won’t see him when TAC is on is my understanding.

FRoberts18

Debutant
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Made my way out to Ivanhoe as it was quite local to me. You're right Max, Suckling is impressive to watch. Ivanhoe are a big team. #1 Velluto is a gun. Monster of a bloke. Robertson #3 is also a handful down back and they try release him for the intercept mark. Ormond's pressure and polish was probably just better on the day.

Ormond still intrigue me. By all accounts they have been smashed by injuries early but with their list you would expect a little better. We will find out about them in the next two weeks when they face OG and Monash.

I am not convinced that Old Geelong are not a pretender at the moment. Yes they are 4-1, but they beat UHS and Preston (and at this stage and given the depth in Prem C looks to be a given), beat OI (who had a shot after the siren to win and missed) and Mazenod (who will be between 6th and 7th - and only by 4 goals). This week should show where both Ormond and OGs are, because it seems Hampton are the clear second best team.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Made my way out to Ivanhoe as it was quite local to me. You're right Max, Suckling is impressive to watch. Ivanhoe are a big team. #1 Velluto is a gun. Monster of a bloke. Robertson #3 is also a handful down back and they try release him for the intercept mark. Ormond's pressure and polish was probably just better on the day.

Ormond still intrigue me. By all accounts they have been smashed by injuries early but with their list you would expect a little better. We will find out about them in the next two weeks when they face OG and Monash.

I am not convinced that Old Geelong are not a pretender at the moment. Yes they are 4-1, but they beat UHS and Preston (and at this stage and given the depth in Prem C looks to be a given), beat OI (who had a shot after the siren to win and missed) and Mazenod (who will be between 6th and 7th - and only by 4 goals). This week should show where both Ormond and OGs are, because it seems Hampton are the clear second best team.
Yes quite a few injuries 2 ACL's for regulars and a few others long term , S. Buckley to come back in 4 1 is not a bad start and still a fair bit of improvement to come . I think a better judgement where everyone is will be after June 5

Jimmyjack

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes quite a few injuries 2 ACL's for regulars and a few others long term , S. Buckley to come back in 4 1 is not a bad start and still a fair bit of improvement to come . I think a better judgement where everyone is will be after June 5
What's the prognosis for Cal Cathcart Bedders? Any chance he will get back this year? If not rotten luck for the lad. Don't know Cal but do know his dad and a few of his uncles vaguely. His old man could really play. Tough little bugger as well.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
What's the prognosis for Cal Cathcart Bedders? Any chance he will get back this year? If not rotten luck for the lad. Don't know Cal but do know his dad and a few of his uncles vaguely. His old man could really play. Tough little bugger as well.
He's done 2nd time for that ACL , very sad as he's been a great asset to the club on and off .

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
High intensity game at Como. Good pressure from both sides, Monash too even and a bit more polished. Bulldog Harris superb game in the guts. Big Monash contingent down there - great to see the superstar George Smyth back from the States.
Les, I chatted briefly to someone from Monash when we (Kew) played them and Old Camberwell in a practice match and they seemed almost pessimistic at the club's position at that point in the preseason, as if recruiting and player numbers/quality weren't where they wanted it. I'd be keen on your thoughts? Maybe they were underselling/foxing me? (strange given the praccy game had finished and we are in separate divisions :tearsofjoy:)

Regardless, great start to the season :thumbsu:

les argen

All Australian
Apr 27, 2008
north melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Les, I chatted briefly to someone from Monash when we (Kew) played them and Old Camberwell in a practice match and they seemed almost pessimistic at the club's position at that point in the preseason, as if recruiting and player numbers/quality weren't where they wanted it. I'd be keen on your thoughts? Maybe they were underselling/foxing me? (strange given the praccy game had finished and we are in separate divisions :tearsofjoy:)

Regardless, great start to the season :thumbsu:
Not sure mate. Possibly thought we were going in a bit weaker than 2019 list. We’ve picked up a couple of real good ones though and C is a pretty big drop back in overall standard tbh.

Plenty of season left and hard work to do. As my old Aunty Harold used to say, nobody cares who was on top after Round 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back