Premier Division 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should get a few more people to their games for the remainder of the season!
He would have to be the biggest name player, with the greatest potential to play in the EFL, particularly as he is only 23.

Last edited:
Some really interesting results from today. Sth Croydon over Rowville. Were you there Richie?
Blackburn over Balwyn. I reckon Blackburn lift every time they play Balwyn, ever since they lost their score a number of years ago when well in front. The memory of that day seems to have been burnt into the fabric of Blackburn. They will be really enjoying tonight.

Some really interesting results from today. Sth Croydon over Rowville. Were you there Richie?
Blackburn over Balwyn. I reckon Blackburn lift every time they play Balwyn, ever since they lost their score a number of years ago when well in front. The memory of that day seems to have been burnt into the fabric of Blackburn. They will be really enjoying tonight.
Yes I was Cliff. In control all day and finally shrugged them off in the last quarter. Rowville don't like the wet and we were more desperate. We have blackburn away next week which will be a massive game for us.

WOW, Bobby 11 points and no sausage roll. Is that score correct?
Doncaster really are in a bit of a more. No 19s doesn’t the club. As the reserves forfeited today

Address the Reserves first.
Yes horrible position of forfeiting yesterday. Last count of unavailables that I know of was last week in the mid 30's.
Never known a season like it & it may have got worse yesterday. That would mean maintaining a senior list of 80 to field full sides, that said having 19s that could play in a couple no doubt would assist. No sure even the powerhouse clubs would hold a senior list of 80, East Burwood Cliff?

I will always thought Damo was a Vermont man.

& Yes Cliff that score was correct, unfortunately. Bad kicking = Bad footy.

Address the Reserves first.
Yes horrible position of forfeiting yesterday. Last count of unavailables that I know of was last week in the mid 30's.
Never known a season like it & it may have got worse yesterday. That would mean maintaining a senior list of 80 to field full sides, that said having 19s that could play in a couple no doubt would assist. No sure even the powerhouse clubs would hold a senior list of 80, East Burwood Cliff?

I will always thought Damo was a Vermont man.

& Yes Cliff that score was correct, unfortunately. Bad kicking = Bad footy.

Nunawading seem to have no trouble fielding 1's and 2's each despite the heavy losses and no U19's.Another side that seems to be having trouble with numbers for their 2's each week is Kilsyth but at least they have got a team on the park each week so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting rumours over on the Yarra Valley board, that Berwick want out of the Outer East immediately and into the EFL.

Won’t be straightforward if they do, a long way outside “EFL territory”, and you have to wonder what division they’d come into and what that means in terms of relegations.

They are way too good to be starting off in the bottom tier surely?

Interesting rumours over on the Yarra Valley board, that Berwick want out of the Outer East immediately and into the EFL.

Won’t be straightforward if they do, a long way outside “EFL territory”, and you have to wonder what division they’d come into and what that means in terms of relegations.

You would think either D1 or D2 and make D2 a 10 team grade.If that did happen and they went into D2 no one would be relegated from D2 this season.If they went into D1 2 teams would have to be relegated or the premiers of D2 remain in D2 and surely that would not happen.As you said Berwick is a long way from EFL territory

You would think either D1 or D2 and make D2 a 10 team grade.If that did happen and they went into D2 no one would be relegated from D2 this season.If they went into D1 2 teams would have to be relegated or the premiers of D2 remain in D2 and surely that would not happen.As you said Berwick is a long way from EFL territory

It is a fair way out.

15 kms from South Belgrave (15 mins without traffic)

18 kms from Rowville (15 mins)

23 kms from Mulgrave (20 mins)

22 kms from Noble Park (25 mins)

You’d think so. But if they go into Premier or D1, would that mean two relegations to maintain a 10 team comp?
They wouldn't drop 2 teams from D1 at such short notice. Especially when the comp is so even and arguably every team within that comp deserves to be at that level.

It is a fair way out.

15 kms from South Belgrave (15 mins without traffic)

18 kms from Rowville (15 mins)

23 kms from Mulgrave (20 mins)

22 kms from Noble Park (25 mins)

I can not see to many issues with that.Similar times to say Lilydale/Coldstream/South Belgrave to Balwyn/Noble Park.Only do perhaps once a year,its Berwick that would be doing all the travelling.Just had a look at the YVMDFL board and the current YVMDFL ladder and I think they would have to be in D1 perhaps.The best way around that one would be a 12 team D1 in season 2020,end of 2020 2 teams relegated,no one promoted and promote the top 2 from D3 into D2 making a 10 team D2 in 2021.I am sure that would upset a few people especially the 2020 D2 premier.

Which means D2.

They’re currently top of Outer East Premier with a % of over 200.

You’d think they’d probably make a mess of D2.
Would the EFL clubs even allow them in? As you mentioned, they really aren't close to any other EFL clubs. I think Berwick are just going to have to suck it up for 2020 season and look at options for the 2021 season.

A few interesting points

As I said, % of over 200 in Outer East Premier

On the weekend they beat Wandin by 76 points (on a weekend where there were low scores everywhere).

A major factor that will scare many EFL clubs - they fielded player points of 22. Yep, the bare minimum - 22 x 1 point players. That’s what a lot of these outer south eastern clubs have access to.

However - there is the issue of Berwick Springs. A junior club that has designs on going senior in the next year or so. They are fielding an U19 side this year. As they develop it would weaken Berwick. And perhaps provide yet another club for the EFL should Berwick come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back