A Section Premier Division 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn’t be that curly haired, mullet flowing left footer would it? That would be quite the departure, seems like the heart and soul of the place..
I think it's Waite to Northern Territory full time. Kennedy (I assume that's who you mean) might find himself in the seconds if he doesn't tear it up early.

There are rumours of another high profile departure from the SKOB fwd line. Whisper is he has decided on a bit of ‘sea change’. Would however appear that any losses are being more than adequately covered.

You don’t have to miss the 4 to get sacked at Xavs. Satterley had them 2nd after the H&A. Lost by a kick to the eventual premier in the 2nd semi and he still got the lemonade. In fact I reckon Hawkins and Berry got boned the season after winning a flag.
Right you are JJ. No one is safe.

It wouldn’t be that curly haired, mullet flowing left footer would it? That would be quite the departure, seems like the heart and soul of the place..
He is not the name provided to me. Purely unsubstantiated rumour but the name offered has somewhat of a higher profile. Not ex-AFL but a serious player all the same. I actually found the rumoured destination to be a bit surprising.

Jarrad Waite is on his way out according to a respectable source. Potent nonetheless. Still interested to see who OXAFL bring in outside of their alumni, otherwise they’ll miss the 4 and probably sack the coach like they do to everyone else.

45/
I figured his clearance to the NTFL was to allow him to play during our off season and that he'd return when their footy is done and dusted. Apparently not so.

He is not the name provided to me. Purely unsubstantiated rumour but the name offered has somewhat of a higher profile. Not ex-AFL but a serious player all the same. I actually found the rumoured destination to be a bit surprising.

Sounds like the small crumbing forward who played some VFL at the dogs, he’d be a mighty find for another VAFA club

Collegians have a number of outs including captain Courtney Hylton (overseas for work), Alastair “the glove” Fahie (work) and Jim Bazzani (travel) all confirmed outs.

In better news for the mighty lions, I have it on good word that Kalem Post is looking to play a full year following 2 shocking years with knee injuries to line up alongside his close mate David Mirra.

The “bash brothers” will be a sight to behold at the Trott in 2020

Sounds like the small crumbing forward who played some VFL at the dogs, he’d be a mighty find for another VAFA club
It does doesn't it. I'm really not all that convinced it has any substance. Not that convinced by the source either but will wait and see, or should that be wait and sea. (and its not another VAFA club).

It does doesn't it. I'm really not all that convinced it has any substance. Not that convinced by the source either but will wait and see, or should that be wait and sea. (and its not another VAFA club).

Kanakis has been chased by multiple clubs in other local leagues including Sorrento and Vermont but I have it on good authority he will be running around at TH King Oval most Saturdays in 2020.

Kanakis has been chased by multiple clubs in other local leagues including Sorrento and Vermont but I have it on good authority he will be running around at TH King Oval most Saturdays in 2020.
Much to play out over the next couple months nonetheless. Teams returning to training this week will have eyes fixed on the new faces.

Edit: No guessing games thanks - OTP

Last edited by a moderator:
There are rumours of another high profile departure from the SKOB fwd line. Whisper is he has decided on a bit of ‘sea change’. Would however appear that any losses are being more than adequately covered.

You don’t have to miss the 4 to get sacked at Xavs. Satterley had them 2nd after the H&A. Lost by a kick to the eventual premier in the 2nd semi and he still got the lemonade. In fact I reckon Hawkins and Berry got boned the season after winning a flag.

In Hawkins case I dont they even bounced the dall for the new season and he got the chop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After speaking to a OS fanatic, they’re already sweating over next year. Jamo, Bull, Mitchell and Cormack all out of their side (and midfield) from the grand final. Tom Downie may be On his way out also. Long year for the Cards at this stage.

News flash.... Fletcher Roberts could be in the gold and black next year as Paul groves is now the head coach. St Bernard’s is making a late charge for the lad where he could rekindle his relationship with groves who was a forwards coach at the doggies.

In other news, Michael Hartley making his way to Premier should his attempt at getting onto the Hawks list be unsuccessful
It’s not an attempt. It’s a two year deal he’s definitely been offered and will accept. That’s why he’s already training at Hawthorn.

After speaking to a OS fanatic, they’re already sweating over next year. Jamo, Bull, Mitchell and Cormack all out of their side (and midfield) from the grand final. Tom Downie may be On his way out also. Long year for the Cards at this stage.
Thanks Angle.

Jamo is a huge loss. Not only for his football ability but his leadership too. The departures of Mitchell and Bull have been known for sometime so you'd hope the Cardies have been addressing those matters. Think Bull will be around the place from time-to-time in a mentoring capacity. Not sure Cormack leaves a big hole. Lot's of talent in the unders, so while I don't expect them to be serious flag contenders they won't be easy beats either. Usual suspects competing for the silverware once again is my conjecture - yawn!
Good to have some player movement news that 90% of Premier can enjoy.
But,but,but what about the other 10%?:think:

As a SKOB admirer perhaps you can tell us whether Waite's move to the NTFL is temporary or have you lost him?

As a SKOB admirer perhaps you can tell us whether Waite's move to the NTFL is temporary or have you lost him?

You may have missed the joke I was making re Scotch player movements. Not to worry...

As for SKOB, whilst a supporter I have absolutely no inside knowledge of comings & goings in the off-season. I watch during the year then don't really hear from anyone outside of game day. I'm staggered with the Boyd pick-up like many, would love to see Waite stay, but even more so would hate to see Kanakis go, and if it's for money that he did go, it would seem the wrong call but that's just my view on history of VAFA homegrown stars doing that and usually regretting it.

You may have missed the joke I was making re Scotch player movements. Not to worry...

As for SKOB, whilst a supporter I have absolutely no inside knowledge of comings & goings in the off-season. I watch during the year then don't really hear from anyone outside of game day. I'm staggered with the Boyd pick-up like many, would love to see Waite stay, but even more so would hate to see Kanakis go, and if it's for money that he did go, it would seem the wrong call but that's just my view on history of VAFA homegrown stars doing that and usually regretting it.
Just a bit of byplay 28.

I'm with you on the Boyd matter. Frankly, I prefer known goers rather than players with lots of talent but average playing histories. For his sake - and that of his welfare - I hope the move turns out to be a playing success.

Thanks Angle.

Jamo is a huge loss. Not only for his football ability but his leadership too. The departures of Mitchell and Bull have been known for sometime so you'd hope the Cardies have been addressing those matters. Think Bull will be around the place from time-to-time in a mentoring capacity. Not sure Cormack leaves a big hole. Lot's of talent in the unders, so while I don't expect them to be serious flag contenders they won't be easy beats either. Usual suspects competing for the silverware once again is my conjecture - yawn!

The gap between unders and seniors have never been greater and despite OS winning under 19 premier I doubt many of those players will make a huge impact in Premier section next season.

Bull has been a champion of the VAFA for a long time, he is a best & fairest and premiership player at Collegians as well, which many forget about. He is almost irreplaceable from a leadership perspective too.

I think the cardinals will be fighting relegation for much of 2020.

The gap between unders and seniors have never been greater and despite OS winning under 19 premier I doubt many of those players will make a huge impact in Premier section next season.

Bull has been a champion of the VAFA for a long time, he is a best & fairest and premiership player at Collegians as well, which many forget about. He is almost irreplaceable from a leadership perspective too.

I think the cardinals will be fighting relegation for much of 2020.

I for one havent forgot.....He was a beauty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back