A Section Premier Division 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we depart the 2019's and head to the 2020's very interesting to look at the ladder for the past decade....Collegians and Xavs won exactly the same amount of games....there were only 17 clubs that took part in Premier of which only one (Beaumaris) was a suburban club...no surprises there....the flags were shared amongst six different sides...only 3 sides spent the whole decade in Premier...and the SKOBBERS came with a late burst to register the highest winning % of all the teams at 70% over their fours years in the top flight.....will be interesting to compare this to the next 10 years.....

2010 - 2019 (Incl. Finals)
CLUBWLDWin %Yrs PremFlags
Collegians12666364.62%102
Old Xaverians12668164.62%103
De La Salle9589251.08%100
University Blues9375454.07%91
Old Trinity7785645.83%90
Old Scotch6068146.51%70
St Bernards5755150.44%61
St Kevins5624070.00%42
St Bedes5575241.67%70
University Blacks5143153.68%51
Old Melburnians4561241.67%60
Old Carey2977226.85%60
Old Brighton2943139.73%40
Beaumaris1949426.39%40
Old Haileybury414022.22%10
Marcellin315016.67%10
Caulfield Grammarians01800.00%10

Lion, any chance you can do the years 17 and 18? Would be interested to see where OM's and Blues are on this ladder for that period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Jok back to TH King puts a nail in the coffin for the 2020 season. Hopefully UNIAFL, OXAFL and LIONSAFL can put up a fight next year.
Just saw that too, Angle.

No real surprise to see him return home. Seems all the speculation about Brown and Waite doing a disappearing act amounted to a hill of beans.

Some group the retirement home for former AFL players is assembling.

n6Kc8YJ.jpg

Last edited:
Jok went to St Kevin's and played two seasons with SKOB before being drafted, so I don't really understand why people are angry about this.

If people want to get angry about an ex AFL player coming to a club then that's their right, even though it has no real impact for mine, however people potting a bloke coming back to play with his mates who has played with for 2 of the last 3 seasons and went to school with is just totally bizarre.

Jok was a star in 2017 and 2018, will be interesting to see what level he takes his game to in 2020.

Jok went to St Kevin's and played two seasons with SKOB before being drafted, so I don't really understand why people are angry about this.

If people want to get angry about an ex AFL player coming to a club then that's their right, even though it has no real impact for mine, however people potting a bloke coming back to play with his mates who has played with for 2 of the last 3 seasons and went to school with is just totally bizarre.

Jok was a star in 2017 and 2018, will be interesting to see what level he takes his game to in 2020.
Who has expressed anger at Tom returning to AFL/Skob, Olo? In fact, I for one said no one should be surprised at him returning home

You seem quite exercised about a player returning to a club you purport not to support.

Who has expressed anger at Tom returning to AFL/Skob, Olo? In fact, I for one said no one should be surprised at him returning home

You seem quite exercised about a player returning to a club you purport not to support.
He may be referring to social media tweets etc.

Waite (194), Kerr (196), Boyd (201) & Brown (196).. surely they cant all fit into the same forward line..

Waite (194), Kerr (196), Boyd (201) & Brown (196).. surely they cant all fit into the same forward line..

Is is a surprise to see Kerr and Jok out of the AFL system so quickly? Jok seems like he wasn't really given much of a chance and Kerr spent 2 years behind the likes of Curnow and McKay. Was he just a long way off AFL or a bit harshly delisted?

Is is a surprise to see Kerr and Jok out of the AFL system so quickly? Jok seems like he wasn't really given much of a chance and Kerr spent 2 years behind the likes of Curnow and McKay. Was he just a long way off AFL or a bit harshly delisted?
I think with Carlton he was always going to be behind Mckay, Curnow as the young developing tall and then we brought in McGovern so the opportunities for him at AFL level were going to be very limited. Carlton probably delisted him hoping he would get another chance somewhere else but was not to be. When he was given a chance he showed he could play at the level, so I would imagine he will be dominant at VAFA level if he fully commits.

I just call it as I see it.

Good on him anyway, he has lived the dream, he has played AFL football and wants to now play with his mates again. I wish more blokes did the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back