Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyjack

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I am in C Grade Max! Next?
But players gotta have a chance at some point to try their wares at a higher level if they want, esp when their team isn’t moving up and generally they’ll want to go where they know a few guys or coach or close to home. My point being a C Grade player in a middle of the ladder team who finishes 5th in his teams B&F should not be 4 points when someone has recent AFL VFL experience is given 1 point esp coz he might have got a scholarship to that school as a kid or signed up for a uni course (rider: I have no idea if Xav Richards got scholarship, not directed at him, #justsaying)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I don’t profess to have great knowledge of the player points system but understand that the VAFA apply extra policy on top of the AFL rules. From my experience anything imposed by the VAFA hierarchy is usually flawed. What generally happens is member clubs raise hell and then common sense is then applied.

As last year’s OX fiasco involved my club I took the time to read the policy then but found it overly complicated and have forgotten most of what was written. I think the intent is good but the application needs fine tuning. Even though my club stood to benefit if the result was reversed, I found it extraordinary that an ex-student of Xavier would not be a 1 pointer but a player who never went to Melbourne could. Just made no sense.

Something else I find strange is that when a lower level club manages to recruit someone from a higher grade then that player has an extra point applied. E.g. An A grade player goes to a C grade club. Instead of being a 3 he becomes a 4. Why should a lower grade club be penalised for recruiting a talented player? It's madness.

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
The whole points system is ridiculous and only benefits those established clubs who are already strong with a good pipeline of juniors.

Its worse at suburban level, who are now hit with the salary cap and up against the private school aligned clubs who are now so aggressive with football scholarships that basically any talented kid will be aligned to an APS or AGSV school so now no surprise that all the ex AFL talent is now playing VAFA instead of bush or suburban footy.

Aug 24, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
CB20D53A-FE56-42ED-80B0-1C15AC61AA0A.jpeg
Another blow for the Cardinals

Hair Hat

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was tonight’s game a preview of players who will be playing with StKAFL, OXAFL and UniAFL next year.
Max Leader of more concern to you should be the amount of ex Ivanhoe AFL/VFL players playing or training at other VAFA clubs. Your posting has turned very negative in the past few months. Give yourself an uppercut!

Max Leader

Club Legend
Dec 6, 2005
Kaniva
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Kaniva
Max Leader of more concern to you should be the amount of ex Ivanhoe AFL/VFL players playing or training at other VAFA clubs. Your posting has turned very negative in the past few months. Give yourself an uppercut!
HH,

I agree with you. I gives the club the sh1t’s. What do you suggest we do to stop?

In reality it’s only Grimley, anothr guy who has three sets of A Grade club paraphernalia in the last 12 months and one under 19 player.

We provide, good coaching, great support staff and the best afternoon tea. If they don’t want to play with us, we focus on those who do.

PS my past comment re the state game was a joke😂😂😂😂😂

Max “I admitted i got the Plugger post wrong and I apologised” Leader

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
HH,

I agree with you. I gives the club the sh1t’s. What do you suggest we do to stop?

In reality it’s only Grimley, anothr guy who has three sets of A Grade club paraphernalia in the last 12 months and one under 19 player.

We provide, good coaching, great support staff and the best afternoon tea. If they don’t want to play with us, we focus on those who do.

PS my past comment re the state game was a joke😂😂😂😂😂

Max “I admitted i got the Plugger post wrong and I apologised” Leader
For someone like HH who has only been on here since late last year , he seems to know a lot of your posting's.

smoking

Senior List
Aug 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
lions
See OM's have added a pair of SANFL premiership players in Ed Smart and Hugh Haysman.What sort of points to interstate players incur ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
See OM's have added a pair of SANFL premiership players in Ed Smart and Hugh Haysman.What sort of points to interstate players incur ?
OMs putting together a tidy list with which Satts can work. Be more than chuffed if they outperform the Claret-n-Stouts I’d guess.

Last edited:

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Brahton importing some talent.

Elliott Le Grice (Collingwood), Quintin Montanaro (North Melbourne) and Anthony Zimmerman (Collingwood) will be full-timers this year after stepping away from the VFL.

Hamish Dick and Will Lewis will be part-timers after joining North Melbourne VFL.

Josh Le Grice, Elliott’s younger brother, has signed at Box Hill but as a first-year Hawk is likely to play more in the VAFA.

Mike Olotripo

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

I have heard that a recently retired 200 plus game AFL premiership player has been training at SKOB this week.

I’d like Mr Hat to confirm this.

Moby Dick

Draftee
Nov 8, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda

I have heard that a recently retired 200 plus game AFL premiership player has been training at SKOB this week.

I’d like Mr Hat to confirm this.

I’ve heard there is more than 1. Nothing but silence from the King thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back