A Section Premier Division 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im hearing a requim on John Kennedy after his death this morn. A perfect segway to the VAFA season : "JUST DO SOMETHING!!"
OK, if it falters after a start?...so be it. But if we do start and get through, who gets the cudos? the VAFA as they should and the
applauds from the VAFA family. Dont let it become "Analysis by paralysis"...

If it falters after it starts clubs will be required to pay Association Fees as well as whatever the VAFA deem their fees to be for the season for a compromised year. From the outset doesnt seem so bad, but players would be filthy knowing theyve paid their subs and have had to sit through all this umming and ahhing to play two games and then the season get canned. Players are already feeling mentally strained, any compromise will only make that worse.

If it falters after it starts clubs will be required to pay Association Fees as well as whatever the VAFA deem their fees to be for the season for a compromised year. From the outset doesnt seem so bad, but players would be filthy knowing theyve paid their subs and have had to sit through all this umming and ahhing to play two games and then the season get canned. Players are already feeling mentally strained, any compromise will only make that worse.

Decent clubs could work that out with the players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah key word is some, not all. Just as some clubs have been able to train 3 times a week so far whereas others have struggled for ground allocations.

Finding grounds you wouldnt think would be difficult. At this point in time no grounds have been in action for anyhting....
Im sure the VAFA and Association Fees would be geared to games played etc.. There are some Clubs that would have paid fees
in full prior to the commence of the 2020. Where do they stand?? A season that never was...

Finding grounds you wouldnt think would be difficult. At this point in time no grounds have been in action for anyhting....
Im sure the VAFA and Association Fees would be geared to games played etc.. There are some Clubs that would have paid fees
in full prior to the commence of the 2020. Where do they stand?? A season that never was...
You've clearly never worked with Boroondara council on ground allocation.

Virtual VAFA R13 of Premier section tomorrow.
Scores from 2:30pm at https://vvafa-hq.com

Evening line:
@cgfc1920 2.22 v @collegianslions 1.66
@OldBrightonFC 1.80 v @oldtrinityfc 2.02
@OldScotchFC 2.08 v @OldMelbFC 1.75
@OldXavsFC 1.88 v @SKOBFC 1.93
@UniBluesFC 1.42 v @stbernardsfc 2.87

Tom Morris has reported that Alex Johnson (OX) has done his knee for the 7th time.

Life doesn't seem fair.

Max
Terrible. I have heard this kid talk at a sports night. Amazing character.
Truly shattered for him.
But fortunately the character he showed that night tells me he will handle it and be very successful and happy moving forwards.

Truly shattered for him.
But fortunately the character he showed that night tells me he will handle it and be very successful and happy moving forwards.
You are correct , he is a quality person and great company. Might have been training at XAVSAFL but was he going to play there, as I hear it wasn't certain.

Truly shattered for him.
Poor bloke. Showed incredible resiliance to come back after the first 5 reco's. Surley after the 6th you would hang them up for good. Hope he can recover quyickly and get on with the next phase of his life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truly shattered for him.
Poor bloke. Showed incredible resiliance to come back after the first 5 reco's. Surley after the 6th you would hang them up for good. Hope he can recover quyickly and get on with the next phase of his life.

Terrible news. Much loved by all at the bloods. Fantastic effort for him to get back in 2018. I had a tear that game against the pies seeing him back. Good luck Alex!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ohh. Vermont won’t be happy surely? He’ll kick 100+ there

Not in 2020 thats for sure. Started with De La if not mistaken. They would be a bit pissed off you would think.
Now the decision has been made...the staff at head office can now go on holidays..without pay. Think of the money we will save.

If he couldn’t kick 100 in the Eastern league then it’s unlikely he would kick 100 in the VAFA. The recent leading goal kickers, two of them with far better AFL resume’s than Eddy’s, have only managed around 60 goals.
Did anyone also find it interesting that Eddy was announced to be playing for the next two years, including ‘20?

If he couldn’t kick 100 in the Eastern league then it’s unlikely he would kick 100 in the VAFA. The recent leading goal kickers, two of them with far better AFL resume’s than Eddy’s, have only managed around 60 goals.
Did anyone also find it interesting that Eddy was announced to be playing for the next two years, including ‘20?

I think you'll find that the 2020 season was looking doubtful and this just showed that he was sticking around until the next opportunity to play.

He is also 30 and plays a key position.

Great recruit for the Fields!

When Eddy’s retuned to DLS was touted earlier this year I shut that down pretty quickly. He was never going back to De La and was always going to the club that would land him the best and highest paying job. To the best of my knowledge he was never even on our radar. Hopefully we can get back up to A grade in 2022 and make life difficult for him.

All the “big dogs” had a crack at him and good on the CG for landing him. He absolutely dominated the SANFL for 4 years and any club would want to have him in their side. Had he not had ankle and knee reco's before he turned 21 he would have been drafted earlier and played a lot more AFL football.

However, he will be 31/32 at the at the start of the 2021 season and to suggest he will kick 100 goals is delusional. He knows how good premier VAFA is and will have to earn every kick.

When Eddy’s retuned to DLS was touted earlier this year I shut that down pretty quickly. He was never going back to De La and was always going to the club that would land him the best and highest paying job. To the best of my knowledge he was never even on our radar. Hopefully we can get back up to A grade in 2022 and make life difficult for him.

All the “big dogs” had a crack at him and good on the CG for landing him. He absolutely dominated the SANFL for 4 years and any club would want to have him in their side. Had he not had ankle and knee reco's before he turned 21 he would have been drafted earlier and played a lot more AFL football.

However, he will be 31/32 at the at the start of the 2021 season and to suggest he will kick 100 goals is delusional. He knows how good premier VAFA is and will have to earn every kick.

We would have him in a heart beat.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back