Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
My club is in D4 thanks Sir King Bedford.

giphy.gif
:)

AM

Aug 18, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Does he wear too many hats ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A bit of fun GI. Merely thought it intriguing that someone purporting to follow a D4 club has posted almost exclusively in this thread with a little meander into Prem 'B'. Seems to be quite well-versed too. Must be holding his D4 posting until the season proper. Wonder what his team could be.

Jimmyjack

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
A bit of fun GI. Merely thought it intriguing that someone purporting to follow a D4 club has posted almost exclusively in this thread with a little meander into Prem 'B'. Seems to be quite well-versed too. Must be holding his D4 posting until the season proper. Wonder what his team could be.
Mr Hat reported on some Collegians departures from “The Pit” a few days back so of course I assumed he was from St Bernards. Isn’t he?

As a supporter of a B grade club I don’t feel as bad drifting over to the Premier board. If it’s good enough for a D4 supporter then its good enough for me.

Come to think of it he sure does have an extraordinary knowledge of Premier division comings and goings.

Hair Hat

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mr Hat reported on some Collegians departures from “The Pit” a few days back so of course I assumed he was from St Bernards. Isn’t he?

As a supporter of a B grade club I don’t feel as bad drifting over to the Premier board. If it’s good enough for a D4 supporter then its good enough for me.

Come to think of it he sure does have an extraordinary knowledge of Premier division comings and goings.
Now this is where it's sad, none of you are really VAFA fans because if you were, you would know that Elgar Park is colloquially known as 'The Pit', I dare say none of you have ever attended a game there? As for posting on the lower threads of Big Footy VAFA board, I know that my club will never rise above where we are now, so I can at least enjoy these higher grade threads.

AM

Aug 18, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
NB: the Hat first appeared on the same day Doug Hogan 23 disappeared.
I put the disappearance of Vincie Mac and Hoges 23 and the appearance of Mr Hat on the same day down to pure happenstance, Mr Fund. Jeepers creepers, if we continue with some of the hedging around here folk may start questioning whether Mr Hat actually follows Nth Boccy in D4 or, heaven-forefend, ever played AFL footie.

A "All sounding a bit like a 'Life of Brian' excerpt" M

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I put the disappearance of Vincie Mac and Hoges 23 and the appearance of Mr Hat on the same day down to pure happenstance, Mr Fund. Jeepers creepers, if we continue with some of the hedging around here folk may start questioning whether Mr Hat actually follows Nth Boccy in D4 or, heaven-forefend, ever played AFL footie.

A "All sounding a bit like a 'Life of Brian' excerpt" M
I heard Vince might have gone to put all his expertise to cricket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NorthernBastard

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Not actually Richmond
Watched him play for Echuca earlier this year - gun player in a good comp, would be a good get. Having said that I've heard that he was trouble off-field when he played for Albury.

Probably not the sort of media attention you'd want at your club in this modern world.

Aug 24, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Mellington to OXAFL won’t go away. Early word is he’ll be at their November start, along with a few classy alumni pulled in from the outer suburban leagues. They seem have a lot of talent playing elsewhere. You’d think the first point of call is getting the one pointers back. Lill for the Gazmen is a great pick up. Next year will be a tight battle for the 4 between as many as 7 teams IMHO. Do we know where Dale Thomas is at yet?

Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Constant echoes of shoenmakers to the Xavs?! What a shake up this would be for the VAFA. 45/, Hippster?? Xavs have been unusually quiet on the recruiting front this offseason...or are they playing their cards close to their chest? Byrne should surely have some strong networks given his history. Not sure if Mellington would fit into Hannebery’s no DH policy, but time will tell.

Xavs need one or two more keys to fill the void Noonan and the ageing Handley, and to compete with the ‘llegians who have all of a sudden become a force to be reckoned with. Looking like a serious contender if they can sort out their forward line with Johnson on one leg and Bruhn apparently leaving? UBAFL a given, of course.

All happening.

TheArmy

Debutant
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Well clubs like yours with their networks are destroying the fabric of the comp.
sometimes is think that a failure for the older members of the VAFA to understand that the world has changed is what is holding the comp back from growing. Far far too much "It was better the way it was" move with the times and drive things forward or be left behind

Blood Stained Angels

Team Captain
Mar 30, 2009
In a house
AFL Club
Sydney
sometimes is think that a failure for the older members of the VAFA to understand that the world has changed is what is holding the comp back from growing. Far far too much "It was better the way it was" move with the times and drive things forward or be left behind
Correct there Army, you'd think that old mate Bedford would be more worried about the rumoured exodus of young talent from his club to the neighbouring club at Packer Park.

Aug 24, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Constant echoes of shoenmakers to the Xavs?! What a shake up this would be for the VAFA. 45/, Hippster?? Xavs have been unusually quiet on the recruiting front this offseason...or are they playing their cards close to their chest? Byrne should surely have some strong networks given his history. Not sure if Mellington would fit into Hannebery’s no DH policy, but time will tell.

Xavs need one or two more keys to fill the void Noonan and the ageing Handley, and to compete with the ‘llegians who have all of a sudden become a force to be reckoned with. Looking like a serious contender if they can sort out their forward line with Johnson on one leg and Bruhn apparently leaving? UBAFL a given, of course.

All happening.
If they raise the points cap to 132 FTLT OXAFL might land all the recruits they want/need 🤣🤣🤣 But yes Schoenmakers a lock to be at Toorak Park next year. Take it to the bank. Him and alumni acquisitions make for a shrewd off szn. would be interesting to be inside the four walls at xavs with another external star coming in to take up a spot.

Navyblues09

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2009
Templestowe
AFL Club
Carlton
Constant echoes of shoenmakers to the Xavs?! What a shake up this would be for the VAFA. 45/, Hippster?? Xavs have been unusually quiet on the recruiting front this offseason...or are they playing their cards close to their chest?

Xavs need one or two more keys to fill the void Noonan and the ageing Handley, and to compete with the ‘llegians who have all of a sudden become a force to be reckoned with.

All happening.

Recruiting must be difficult when you don’t even know who will be the coach in the second half of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back