A Section Premier Division 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great pick-up for AFL/SKOB who will henceforth be known as AFL/Offshoot.:tonguewink:

OPQlw3h.jpg
Why would you be completing the Level 4 program.....and exiting the AFL system?

Odd.

Why would you be completing the Level 4 program.....and exiting the AFL system?

Odd.
Someone like Olo who is closer to the SKOB scene could give us a feel for the authenticity of the tweet, but I don't see how gaining experience as a Director of Coaching at an elite football club in the premier community football competition would negate any future AFL coaching aspirations. May even enhance them.

Reports are that SKOB pay very well too.:yum:

PA doesn't miss the mark very often.

Someone like Olo who is closer to the SKOB scene could give us a feel for the authenticity of the tweet, but I don't see how gaining experience as a Director of Coaching at an elite football club in the premier community football competition would negate any future AFL coaching aspirations. May even enhance them.

Reports are that SKOB pay very well too.:yum:

PA doesn't miss the mark very often.
Not suggesting the mail from PA is wrong (it rarely is).

I could understand if he was completing the Level 4, and perhaps coaching a VFL team within the AFL program to add more team coaching experience, but to take a Director of Coaching role in the VAFA seems a strange step sideways/backwards. The candidates for Level 4 acceptance were previously deemed “AFL senior coaches in waiting” weren’t they?

Someone like Olo who is closer to the SKOB scene could give us a feel for the authenticity of the tweet
I have him pegged as an obvious Collegians person after reading his posts.

I could understand if he was completing the Level 4, and perhaps coaching a VFL team within the AFL program to add more team coaching experience, but to take a Director of Coaching role in the VAFA seems a strange step sideways/backwards. The candidates for Level 4 acceptance were previously deemed “AFL senior coaches in waiting” weren’t they?
How’s young Angus Hanrahan shaping up Hedge? Should be a nice VAFA player for the SKOB?

Wouldn't necessarily say backwards, Hedge. Are there many current AFL head coaches who have been plucked from the VFL? Purely observationally, I'd estimate very few.

I'd suggest that gaining D of C experience, even at community level, would add to his bag of tricks. Certainly offers him another football path should he decide to head in that direction at some point. Getting plenty of 'sheets' while doing it won't hurt either.

Plenty of news doing the airwaves...Taylor Hunt is off to Myrtleford to play under his good mate Dawson Simpson...J O’Rourke rumoured to be off to Caulfield...good pickup...and the biggest of all if true Harry Hill and Nick Pavlou rumoured to be heading overseas for much of the season...this would make things tough for the Tonners...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of news doing the airwaves...Taylor Hunt is off to Myrtleford to play under his good mate Dawson Simpson...J O’Rourke rumoured to be off to Caulfield...good pickup...and the biggest of all if true Harry Hill and Nick Pavlou rumoured to be heading overseas for much of the season...this would make things tough for the Tonners...
Big losses for the Brighton lads if true. How do you feel about Hunt leaving?

Big losses for the Brighton lads if true. How do you feel about Hunt leaving?

I would prefer to have him....but, when it was all said and done, he didnt give a lot. Overseas travel, suspension and minor injuries did cut into
his input. His 4 pts. could be better spent on a someone up our sleeve.....

Zero. None. Zilch. Donuts. Unless I’m mistaken. Nervous times at TP

Rumours have Ryan Schoenmakers as a potential recruit down at Toorak Park. I wonder if this rumour will eventuate.

I have heard former Xavier College student and ex Frankston and Bendigo VFL centre-half back Grant Valles is likely to find his way back to Toorak Park from Sunbury.

So we now have the ‘Haves’ and ‘Have nots’.
The Haves are BluesAFL, SKOBAFL, LionsAFL and OMSAFL, your final four settled in December the year before the season starts.
So the aim of those from B to D1 is to bounce up and down in those grades, it's bullshit. Where is Doug to defend them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back