A Section Premier Division 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather negative read on it JJ.

I wouldn't expect Scotch to play a significant part in the scheme of things this year. However, I have a soft spot for teams that have a crack without taking the path of inducing players who have made a packet in the footy market place to their clubs. Particularly those who have no previous connection to the club. That's why I was so pleased to see Brahton do so well last year. Hope Scotch can be competitive too. For The Good Of The Game.
I don’t understand your post Mr AM They named Tom Downie and Johnson who are ex AFL players and not Scotch boys? Scotch have been full of non Scotch boys for years, why does it matter?

They also have a heap of non Scotch boys playing seniors as they have recruited heavily from the YJFL and have put those kids through the under 19’s.

There is no secret formula to success other than having elite talent in any sporting pursuit.

I don’t understand your post Mr AM They named Tom Downie and Johnson who are ex AFL players and not Scotch boys? Scotch have been full of non Scotch boys for years, why does it matter?

They also have a heap of non Scotch boys playing seniors as they have recruited heavily from the YJFL and have put those kids through the under 19’s.

They will be relegated.
I was referring to players who filled their boots, and who have no direct affiliation with the club who induces them. A la Boyd - and many others - at your club. Apologies, I had a memory lapse there, you're of course Nth Boccy who happens to post exclusively here. So at SKOB. Blues, Xavs and Wesley too btw

No problems at all with clubs attracting juniors from other comps and developing them. It's pretty much how district clubs survive.

Last edited:
I was referring to players who filled their boots, and who have no direct affiliation with the club who induces them. A la Boyd - and many others - at your club. Apologies, I had a memory lapse there, you're of course Nth Boccy who happens to post exclusively here. So at SKOB. Blues, Xavs and Wesley too btw

No problems at all with clubs attracting juniors from other comps and developing them. It's pretty much how district clubs survive.
Sorry, not affiliated with anyone in A, much to your and many others chagrin and haven’t posted here before, but you are saying Downie hasn’t filled his boots? How do you know?
I admire all of the A grade clubs, as much as you admire your club Ormond, although you don’t ever post about them.

Sorry, not affiliated with anyone in A, much to your and many others chagrin and haven’t posted here before, but you are saying Downie hasn’t filled his boots? How do you know?
I admire all of the A grade clubs, as much as you admire your club Ormond, although you don’t ever post about them.
In fact I have referenced the Monders on and off. Again just recently. Not often because I have no direct connection with them nowadays. Perhaps in your comment you're really channelling yourself not posting about Nth Box Hill, the club you've claimed to support.

You really shouldn't treat other posters with such disdain. Noone believes you're a first time poster

Stop the charade Hair Hat. No one is fooled. Have a nice day Brian.

There is no secret formula to success other than having elite talent in any sporting pursuit.

I think the biggest issue with OS in the past was their arrogance. Better than thou but nothing to show for it.
The only Silverware in 20 years was a an U19 a year ago....(and the girls also )

I think the biggest issue with OS in the past was their arrogance. Better than thou but nothing to show for it.
The only Silverware in 20 years was a an U19 a year ago....(and the girls also )
Not that it has anything to do with the present discussion, but there are plenty of clubs who fall into that category. Didn't one club don "Premiers" caps and T-Shirts on the final siren of a GF? There's one who runs around in purple - who you may even support - who were top of the pops in that regard in my time. OM's weren't far behind. Guess it's all in the eye of the beholder

Not that it has anything to do with the present discussion, but there are plenty of clubs who fall into that category. Didn't one club don "Premiers" caps and T-Shirts on the final siren of a GF? There's one who runs around in purple - who you may even support - who were top of the pops in that regard in my time. OM's weren't far behind. Guess it's all in the eye of the beholder

I cant recall that being policy, maybe some did supporters (dont remember to be honest) but if they won?...why wouldnt you. A lot of
blood, sweat and tears goes into a Premiership surely you can acknowledge it....

I cant recall that being policy, maybe some did supporters (dont remember to be honest) but if they won?...why wouldnt you. A lot of
blood, sweat and tears goes into a Premiership surely you can acknowledge it....
Takes a fair amount of hubris for the powers-that-be to order premiership caps, T-Shirts etc weeks before the big dance I’d have thought. But each to his/her own.

Round One will be very interesting (although very far away)
OXAFL with the toughest trip in footy
If OT take care of OS with ease the cardinals will be in for a VERY long szn
OMs will give the league a great indication of where Caulfield are at
UNIAFL will smash the daylights out of a young OB
SKOBAFL and COLLEGIANSAFL to reignite their rivalry for 2020 in a display of elite standard.
FTLOT45/

Has the utensil crowed thrice?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don't know if we can actually take anything away from the Bernard's vs Xavs game.
If Xavs win we'll say they've got a stronger list and was somewhat expected.
Bernard's win and we'll probably say the snake pit is still the best home ground advantage in the comp.
Regardless, still keen as mustard to watch it

oYuLX1m.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So let me get this right, I have just read that Xavier Richards and others can go and play top level local footy as ONE point! Fair enough if legitimate. See below.
But a Premier C (or Div 4) player who comes 3rd in their own club B&F (or even as low as 5th) gets allocated 4 points and doesn’t get the chance to play higher level due to points pressure- just wrong!
Happening now with local kids trying to play higher levels but can’t because clubs are over loaded in points. Often they’d be only as good as any other 1 point player, but who knows coz they don’t get the chance. These are not kids who have played TAC Cup or VFL, but coming back after injury or late bloomers and stuck at lower grade clubs that have no chance to go up grades unless they’re part of the “EPL” of local footy. Fine for the kids of established top level clubs but what about those just trying to make their way and give it a go, because they’ve shown a bit of talent. Whilst points system has some merit, its stifling opportunity for many.

So let me get this right, I have just read that Xavier Richards and others can go and play top level local footy as ONE point! Fair enough if legitimate. See below.
But a Premier C (or Div 4) player who comes 3rd in their own club B&F (or even as low as 5th) gets allocated 4 points and doesn’t get the chance to play higher level due to points pressure- just wrong!
Happening now with local kids trying to play higher levels but can’t because clubs are over loaded in points. Often they’d be only as good as any other 1 point player, but who knows coz they don’t get the chance. These are not kids who have played TAC Cup or VFL, but coming back after injury or late bloomers and stuck at lower grade clubs that have no chance to go up grades unless they’re part of the “EPL” of local footy. Fine for the kids of established top level clubs but what about those just trying to make their way and give it a go, because they’ve shown a bit of talent. Whilst points system has some merit, its stifling opportunity for many.

Even more perplexing is I heard of a recruit to Uni Blues today who was a member of the Sydney Swans academy in 2018 who played senior NEAFL in 2019. He's moving to Melbourne because he got into Melbourne Uni and therefore qualifies as a one pointer even though he's never studied at the Uni. Meanwhile, Old Xavs had to fight to keep points they won after an ex student played for them as a one pointer when the VAFA determined that he should have been a six pointer because he didn't attend the school for two years! Madness and could only happen at local footy level.

Even more perplexing is I heard of a recruit to Uni Blues today who was a member of the Sydney Swans academy in 2018 who played senior NEAFL in 2019. He's moving to Melbourne because he got into Melbourne Uni and therefore qualifies as a one pointer even though he's never studied at the Uni. Meanwhile, Old Xavs had to fight to keep points they won after an ex student played for them as a one pointer when the VAFA determined that he should have been a six pointer because he didn't attend the school for two years! Madness and could only happen at local footy level.

How many points does it cost to change your identity on BigFooty?

Try being in C Grade and losing those footballers. There has to be some protection for the players who are developed in lower grades.

Max "2 weeks is a short time in football" Leader

Try being in C Grade and losing those footballers. There has to be some protection for the players who are developed in lower grades.

Max "2 weeks is a short time in football" Leader

Blokes who are good players will always want to play in higher grades and prove themselves at some point. I have no issue with that or ex schoolboys returning as 1 pointers.

If you can’t manage the points cap then that is the fault of the club, not everyone else or the rules.

Points cap has been tightened again this year, must have gone to the school for 3 years now and all 1 pointers at Melbourne Uni will have to be alumni of Melbourne Uni or full time students.

Blokes who are good players will always want to play in higher grades and prove themselves at some point. I have no issue with that or ex schoolboys returning as 1 pointers.

If you can’t manage the points cap then that is the fault of the club, not everyone else or the rules.

Points cap has been tightened again this year, must have gone to the school for 3 years now and all 1 pointers at Melbourne Uni will have to be alumni of Melbourne Uni or full time students.
Where did you find this?

Yes.....where did you get this info from O?

I can't seem to find any reference to this on the VAFA website or on other communications. Can you provide further detail? Not neccessarily a bad idea, but I wonder if it is yet another policy made on the run and in secret to keep a handful of people happy.

I am in C Grade Max! Next?
But players gotta have a chance at some point to try their wares at a higher level if they want, esp when their team isn’t moving up and generally they’ll want to go where they know a few guys or coach or close to home. My point being a C Grade player in a middle of the ladder team who finishes 5th in his teams B&F should not be 4 points when someone has recent AFL VFL experience is given 1 point esp coz he might have got a scholarship to that school as a kid or signed up for a uni course (rider: I have no idea if Xav Richards got scholarship, not directed at him, #justsaying)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back