Premier Division 2021 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

EFL have notified all clubs of next years player payment caps across the 5 divisions! A considerable cut to player payments across the board. $100000 limit for premier, $85000 div 1, $70000 for 2nd, $60000 3rd amd $50000 for 4th. I’ll be very interested to see how this affects clubs. Without giving anything away, there will be both some relief and angst across committees. Relief at the bottom line, but some tough discussions and most probably cuts to player payments across the league. Be interested to hear from as many players and administrators to get a gauge. I think we’re handing the ammos amd other leagues a huge leg up if they don’t follow thru with similar cuts to player payments. Wait and see I guess.

EFL have notified all clubs of next years player payment caps across the 5 divisions! A considerable cut to player payments across the board. $100000 limit for premier, $85000 div 1, $70000 for 2nd, $60000 3rd amd $50000 for 4th. I’ll be very interested to see how this affects clubs. Without giving anything away, there will be both some relief and angst across committees. Relief at the bottom line, but some tough discussions and most probably cuts to player payments across the league. Be interested to hear from as many players and administrators to get a gauge. I think we’re handing the ammos amd other leagues a huge leg up if they don’t follow thru with similar cuts to player payments. Wait and see I guess.

I thought the cuts/cap were consistent across all other metro comps?
That and ammos are ammos.

From the Goulburn Valley forum.
Golburn Valley and Ovens & Murray on $125K, Murray on $100K, Picola on $90K and Kyabram $75K.
If these are accurate it will be interesting to see how many players travel up there to play.
Haven't heard anyting about any other coubtry leagues.

From the Goulburn Valley forum.
Golburn Valley and Ovens & Murray on $125K, Murray on $100K, Picola on $90K and Kyabram $75K.
If these are accurate it will be interesting to see how many players travel up there to play.
Haven't heard anyting about any other coubtry leagues.
AFL Outer East have announced $90K Premier, $80K 1st Div and $60K 2nd Div. This is 75% of previous caps.

MPNFL have announced $100k D1 and $90k D2. I think D1 was $140k last year.

For the salary caps to work properly you’d think they just have to be the same throughout the state. But anyway.

$100k is average of $250 per player (22 players, 18 games). Obviously those clubs with good players happy to stick around for not much will have the advantage as always, as they’ll have a decent balance to spend still.

Hi Fatside, nice to hear from you. Lockdown meant a max of 10 players in a group. 9 groups means a bit of organisation needed for that, although a nice long run on the thursday and following tuesday, 10 min apart and going over different areas would make it easier. 10 is a bugger for cricket training, a group of 11 would be easier to manage.
How are things in the sunshine state?

Just been reading about the cap on crowd numbers for this year, AFL Victoria state that crowds must be limited to 1000 at local matches. That might make things difficult for this season for a lot of clubs. I wonder how finals will be conducted. 500 from each side or first come best dressed. The crowd numbers (and EFNL profits) at Bayswater will take a blow.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just been reading about the cap on crowd numbers for this year, AFL Victoria state that crowds must be limited to 1000 at local matches. That might make things difficult for this season for a lot of clubs.

we should be right - don’t reckon I saw that many people all of 2019 😂

Vermont have lost Honeychurch, Eddy, Mullett, McConnon Lehmann Best, they haven’t picked up anybody of note. This will be the closest premier division in quite some time. Anyone of 6 teams can legitimately win the flag

Vermont have lost Honeychurch, Eddy, Mullett, McConnon Lehmann Best, they haven’t picked up anybody of note. This will be the closest premier division in quite some time. Anyone of 6 teams can legitimately win the flag
Player payment limit impact?

Interesting to see donny east nearly topple Blackburn . Would have been a huge upset .
Great to have local footy finally back !
Did you go cheong Bobby beecroft ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back