Premier Division 2021 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Kire Talevski kicking four in the Vermont reserves? Amazing comeback

Mooroolbark would have every right to feel cheated about this, as they went to great lengths to raise money for Talevski and his cancer treatment, and this is how he repays them, by changing clubs!

Once a mercenary, always a mercenary, leopards don't change their spots!

Mooroolbark would have every right to feel cheated about this, as they went to great lengths to raise money for Talevski and his cancer treatment, and this is how he repays them, by changing clubs!

Don’t think playing 2s footy is merc in nature? And didn’t he come from Vermont initially?
IIRC he was at Wandin anyway when diagnosed?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Get a life. Plenty of people were involved in raising money.
Let's hope you never experience what he's gone through.

Get a life. Plenty of people were involved in raising money.
Let's hope you never experience what he's gone through.

It's like giving a kidney transplant to your wife, then she divorces you and pisses off with another man. It's just wrong. I don't blame Mooroolbark for being slighty annoyed, anyway that's what I think and I'm not the only one!

What I find interesting is the benefit versus cost of the ex-AFL players floating around. I know some of the younger guys are successful, eg recent Vermont mids and Doncaster Collingwood connection had some success but over this season I have watched Spencer, Lisle, Clarke and Rowe. When you compare their value to some of the ex VFL types running around I just hope some of them are bringing more off the field then they are bringing on the field.

I am more interested in thoughts on the strategy of the clubs and what they bring to the table.

What I find interesting is the benefit versus cost of the ex-AFL players floating around. I know some of the younger guys are successful, eg recent Vermont mids and Doncaster Collingwood connection had some success but over this season I have watched Spencer, Lisle, Clarke and Rowe. When you compare their value to some of the ex VFL types running around I just hope some of them are bringing more off the field then they are bringing on the field.

I am more interested in thoughts on the strategy of the clubs and what they bring to the table.
Debt in some cases.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So under the leaked info it'd appear Vics will still be subject to restrictions on both indoor and outdoor gatherings, and not allowed to travel more than 25kms from home.

If these restrictions are still in place on Saturday 19th - which you'd think they will be - then I don't really see how footy resumes. Could be yet another week lost, if not more.

So under the leaked info it'd appear Vics will still be subject to restrictions on both indoor and outdoor gatherings, and not allowed to travel more than 25kms from home.

If these restrictions are still in place on Saturday 19th - which you'd think they will be - then I don't really see how footy resumes. Could be yet another week lost, if not more.
The restrictions will probably change after a week, as per regional Victoria. The 19th is still a chance.

Wow, been some time since anyone posted here.
I'm on here to point out that the very last round of the season will be like a GF for Rowville and East Doncaster if they remain in their current positions. It would mean that whoever wins will stay in Prem Div and whoever loses will drop down to Div 1. Will be a very hotly contested game you would think.

Wow, been some time since anyone posted here.
I'm on here to point out that the very last round of the season will be like a GF for Rowville and East Doncaster if they remain in their current positions. It would mean that whoever wins will stay in Prem Div and whoever loses will drop down to Div 1. Will be a very hotly contested game you would think.

Two relegations isn't there? So they'd both be gone

Sorry, you guys are right. There's no promotion from D1. So in current positions we'd have

P: Vermont, Noble, Balwyn, Norwood, South Croydon, Blackburn, Berwick, Doncaster, North Ringwood, Rowville
D1: Doncaster East (R), Park Orchards, East Ringwood, Mooroolbark, Croydon, Montrose, Mitcham, Wantirna South, Bayswater, Ringwood (P)
D2: Lilydale (R), UFG (R), Heathmont, The Basin, South Belgrave, Boronia, Knox, Mulgrave, Templestowe, Warrandyte (P)
D3: East Burwood, Donvale, Waverley Blues, Ferntree Gully, Scoresby, Glen Wav, Whitehorse, Coldstream (P)
D4: Fairpark (R), Forest Hill, Surrey Park, Chirnside Park, Silvan, Kilsyth, Nunawading, CNMLOC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back