NSW Premier "iCare" Perrottet and the Libs' Poison Chalice

Remove this Banner Ad

If you think perpetrators of sexual abuse are going to confess their sins to priests knowing that the priest must report them to cops I have a bridge you might be interested in buying.
Do you not see the problem in a leader stating that his own private beliefs override the law of the land?

If you think perpetrators of sexual abuse are going to confess their sins to priests knowing that the priest must report them to cops I have a bridge you might be interested in buying.
Then what are you worried about? None of the paedophiles will get in trouble and the likes of you get to be happy about it.

Only 3 (correction….4) examples of religious bigotry and one single application of Godwin’s Law so far.

We need to do better.

I am a bigot when it comes to religion. I’ll own it. Seeing first hand the stupidity that results from religion in friends & family members over a lifetime. The inflexible thinking, the moral posturing & above all the absolute certainty that allows the religious to set themselves as the arbiter & judge of others conduct.

Not everyone religious is like this but ALL the ones that go into politics are.

I would happily vote for a law that disallowed the religious from holding public office.

Example A. Afghanistan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't someone think of the pedo's?!?!?!?
Sure, a few kids might get traumatised here and there but at least those paedos won't have their souls damned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make it 3.

Bega and Monaro wouldn't be unwinnable for Labor in a good year.

Willoughby would be fertile ground for a moderate independent.

Think they'd need at least 2/3 wins to maintain confidence.

Many Lib branches are starting to push for more moderates. Its why the nutjob right are desperate to cling to power and willing to offer bribes to become Premier.

Having a dodgy boyfriend or accepting a pen is not okay, but no-one seems to care that Matt Kean was told he would be Treasurer if he backed Perrottet and to convince one or 2 other moderates to switch.

Kean will now potentially make millions more (higher salary, better pension, and far better post-politics consulting jobs will easily net him millions). His only problem is he cant blame the previous Treasurer for our next Budget deficit...

Many Lib branches are starting to push for more moderates. Its why the nutjob right are desperate to cling to power and willing to offer bribes to become Premier.

Having a dodgy boyfriend or accepting a pen is not okay, but no-one seems to care that Matt Kean was told he would be Treasurer if he backed Perrottet and to convince one or 2 other moderates to switch.

Kean will now potentially make millions more (higher salary, better pension, and far better post-politics consulting jobs will easily net him millions). His only problem is he cant blame the previous Treasurer for our next Budget deficit...

Just look how brazenly transactional the federal National Party spill and subsequent ministerial reshuffle was.

The point is more that we once again have a person in power he lets his religious views dictate and override any intelligent thought and what’s right.
It obviously will never happen but religious fanatics shouldn’t be allowed to be involved in politics because they’re incapable of putting it to the side when making decisions

Not as obvious as there are in Labor. If Kean was Labor and had jumped ship the way he did they would ensure he never got elected to anything ever again.
You really do live in a hole in ground don't you?

Even the LNP admit they have far more factions than the ALP
Several media outlets have done in-depth articles on.

You must have had the lid on in the hole that day

They all do it. Labor split the Cabinet spots by faction first, then they divide them up based on favours and debts and deals, so its really no different.
Yeah, but at least there are other factors in play rather than simply 'voted for the new leader', without even bothering to pretend it's anything else.

The point is more that we once again have a person in power he lets his religious views dictate and override any intelligent thought and what’s right.
It obviously will never happen but religious fanatics shouldn’t be allowed to be involved in politics because they’re incapable of putting it to the side when making decisions

Ok. So no unvaccinated, no Catholics, no Pentecostals, (presumably) no Muslims, Jews, Baptists or indigenous folk that advocate for the preservation of sacred sites. Have I covered it?

Oh. I forgot climate skeptics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back