NSW Premier "iCare" Perrottet and the Libs' Poison Chalice

Remove this Banner Ad

What a monster, fire him.
Expect a similar announcement from Andrews soon, it usually takes a day or two before he copies what Perrottet does.

If you read the article all the way to the end, you would have noticed that the Victorian Government had announced this back in April. Seems Dom is copying the Andrews Government.

Um you do know no premiers are elected don’t you?
At a State election everyone knows who the Leader of the party is.=, and therefore who will be Premier.
Unless they are idiots, which probably supports your argument to an extent if a Liberal becomes Premier.
Maybe some of these total morons just vote for a color?
Who the * knows what goes through the "minds" of the type of inbred who votes Liberal.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Don't think he will last long tbh

What the hell is he playing at? I know he's a Catholic, but he's a politician. Is he really that stupid?

I personally have never cared a toss what happens to my body when I die, but that doesn't mean I don't realise how passionately a lot of people do care about it, and putting all cemeteries under the control of one religion - FMD there is no more sure-fire way of setting huge chunks of the voting public dead against you. Many people take this stuff very seriously indeed.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
What the hell is he playing at? I know he's a Catholic, but he's a politician. Is he really that stupid?

I personally have never cared a toss what happens to my body when I die, but that doesn't mean I don't realise how passionately a lot of people do care about it, and putting all cemeteries under the control of one religion - FMD there is no more sure-fire way of setting huge chunks of the voting public dead against you. Many people take this stuff very seriously indeed.
Allegedly we are a secular nation - Opus Dei at its finest…be afraid, be very afraid

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Look out, the burning torches are alight, the mob is assembling.
Have you noticed that cemeteries are divided up not just by religion, but by denomination? This is incredibly sacred and important to many people.

How do you think you'd feel if you were a non-Roman Catholic family making your loved one's burial arrangements, and every cemetery is run by the Roman Catholics?

If ever there was an area where secular administration is a no-brainer, it's cemeteries management.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Have you noticed that cemeteries are divided up not just by religion, but by denomination? This is incredibly sacred and important to many people.

How do you think you'd feel if you were a non-Roman Catholic family making your loved one's burial arrangements, and every cemetery is run by the Roman Catholics?

If ever there was an area where secular administration is a no-brainer, it's cemeteries management.
OMG!!!

This cemetery is run by *gasp* CATHLICKS!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So let's just lump all the graves in together eh. It's clearly not an issue anyone cares about. I must have imagined all those sections clearly demarcated by religion in every cemetery I've ever visited.
If it gives comfort to bereaved families, what's the big deal?

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
If it gives comfort to bereaved families, what's the big deal?
Not sure I follow your logic.

What I'm saying is that a lot people (not me) are clearly very thingy about who they're buried next to. Hence the clear demarcations in practically every cemetery in the country.

Now one denomination has wrested control of all cemeteries in NSW.

Not sure what their motive is, and though the Roman Catholic church has recently given us plenty of reason to not believe a single word they utter anymore, I'm not suggesting there's anything sinister.

But can you not see that if many, many people are so exercised by religious distinction that they go so far as to insist on being buried with others of a similar faith, then they may be, if not offended, certainly alarmed and perturbed that just one religion has suddenly assumed control of all cemeteries?

I don't know what's behind it, but it strikes me a desperately dumb idea sure to create all sorts of unnecessary misunderstandings, suspicion and conflict. Like I said, if ever there was a clearcut case for a secular policy...

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Not sure I follow your logic.

What I'm saying is that a lot people (not me) are clearly very thingy about who they're buried next to. Hence the clear demarcations in practically every cemetery in the country.

Now one denomination has wrested control of all cemeteries in NSW.

Not sure what their motive is, and though the Roman Catholic church has recently given us plenty of reason to not believe a single word they utter anymore, I'm not suggesting there's anything sinister.

But can you not see that if many, many people are so exercised by religious distinction that they go so far as to insist on being buried with others of a similar faith, then they may be, if not offended, certainly alarmed and perturbed that just one religion has suddenly assumed control of all cemeteries?

I don't know what's behind it, but it strikes me a desperately dumb idea sure to create all sorts of unnecessary misunderstandings, suspicion and conflict. Like I said, if ever there was a clearcut case for a secular policy...
If there’s corruption behind this, I hope they all pay the price.

But what makes you think a Catholic run cemetery would be run any differently in terms of segregation? And why would an atheist like you give a s**t anyway?

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
But what makes you think a Catholic run cemetery would be run any differently in terms of segregation?
Two hundred years of sectarianism in Australia suggest that just between Cathos and Proddies alone, there is enormous potential for offence and misunderstanding. Have you read much Oz history? Have you seen what a prominent part has been played by sectarianism?

Now throw in Judaism, Islam and Hinduism and yes, of course everyone will join hands and sing Kum-Bay-Yah.

I see no evidence those faultlines have magically disappeared from our society.

And why would an atheist like you give a sh*t anyway?
Weird, isn't it? I didn't vote for the NSW Libs and yet here I am on this thread, commenting on their policies.

Now back on Ignore with you. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
State Libs more similar to Fed ALP than LNP at this point.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Two hundred years of sectarianism in Australia suggest that just between Cathos and Proddies alone, there is enormous potential for offence and misunderstanding. Have you read much Oz history? Have you seen what a prominent part has been played by sectarianism?

Now throw in Judaism, Islam and Hinduism and yes, of course everyone will join hands and sing Kum-Bay-Yah.

I see no evidence those faultlines have magically disappeared from our society.

Weird, isn't it? I didn't vote for the NSW Libs and yet here I am on this thread, commenting on their policies.

Now back on Ignore with you. Have a nice day.
Honestly you’re just like my wife. One minute you’re ignoring me, the next you’re arguing with me. I just can’t keep up.*

*Satire. I love my wife.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
What staggers me is they’re so shameless about it. It’s like a badge of honour for them.

Same with how they address the vaccine hesitant. “NAZIS!!”

Is it bigoted to not have any patience for flat earthers or Q Anon adherents?

I have religion in the same category. Nonsense that does more harm than good.

All religion. I’ve lost patience with the idea I have to respect it. That our government is obsessed with legislating for people who believe it to discriminate against others in its name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back