Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
It's insane how many votes the two major parties get. Don't have to look much further than the politics board to see people defend the ALP or LNP to the death. Most are incapable of thinking beyond the how to vote card.

A good many people know their vote probably won’t make a difference, based on location

I've never voted in an election where the candidate i voted for got in 😔
Yep me too, always lived in a 'safe' seat where I would need 5000 or more like minded voters.

I would love to live in a 'swing' seat.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Yep me too, always lived in a 'safe' seat where I would need 5000 or more like minded voters.

I’m the same but thinking this time that Kooyong is up for grabs. I’d love to see that anti-Victorian pig Frydenberg punted from his job.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong

Well, if you were a lifelong Right Wing Dingbat, you could simply come on here and say "I'm a centrist swing voter".

And voila! a swing voter you would be.

I’m the same but thinking this time that Kooyong is up for grabs. I’d love to see that anti-Victorian pig Frydenberg punted from his job.
The anti josh forces need to work out who is more likely to win - labor or the voices candidate. My guess would be the voices independent

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
The anti josh forces need to work out who is more likely to win - labor or the voices candidate. My guess would be the voices independent

A mate who is a fierce Labor man did a letterbox drop for the indies candidate yesterday.

I’ll vote for her and preference Labor.

A mate who is a fierce Labor man did a letterbox drop for the indies candidate yesterday.

I’ll vote for her and preference Labor.
I will bug my family to do similar (think my mum generally votes labor though)

I’m in the lower Blue Mountains which is in what is currently Australia’s most marginal federal seat (Labor thank phcuk.) I like to think it’s my vote that got Susan Templeman in.
Not far from me. I'm in the Riff.

LOL
Imagine 2gb and the DT if Keneally did this

Built but not staffed, would have been a problem when they can’t staff it. Better argument is would have employed x number of full time equivalent nursing staff..

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
A controversial $252m NSW government grant program “lacked integrity” and did not use any consistent guidelines in awarding more than 95% of the money to local councils in Coalition state seats.

A scathing report on the scandal-plagued Stronger Communities Fund, released by NSW auditor general, Margaret Crawford, on Tuesday revealed former premier Gladys Berejiklian and former deputy premier John Barilaro personally chose projects for the fund with “little or no information about the basis” for their selections.

The auditor’s findings also confirmed the government had never published program guidelines and instead favoured local councils that had “worked constructively” with them in the past over council mergers.

On the same day that Crawford’s report was released, the Sydney Morning Herald reported that more than 75% of a separate $100m gambling revenue grant program was given to Coalition-held and battleground seats over a decade.

Responding to the Stronger Communities Fund grants made in 2019, in the lead-up to the state election, the auditor general found a lack of formal systems in place “prevent(ed) accountability and transparency over the government’s approach to selecting councils for funding”.

Back