NSW Premier "iCare" Perrottet and the Libs' Poison Chalice

Remove this Banner Ad

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Which totally ride roughshod over what the experts are advising.

The "right" I care about at the moment is the right to live in a society that is not suffering completely unnecessary sickness and death because of ideologically-motivated decisions by those in power.

The experts are saying ICUs, emergency depts and ambulance services will be overwhelmed by the next couple of months. Not to mention the flow-on to treatment of non-COVID illnesses and injuries. If they are proven correct, those "rights" will turn out to have been worth five-eighths of bugger all.
It's weak for politicians to hide behind the 'health advice' as a means to revoke what are generally accepted as human rights. Our pollies have been elected to govern for the holistic health of society, not to merely keep us alive. That includes our social welfare, mental health, economic health, and schooling.

Given that the vaccination rates are nearing 80% dd in NSW, it's right that the Premier should be looking to move away from all restrictions. The quarantine period for returned travelers is excessive and unnecessary when you consider that testing is available before/after flights and that community transmission is widespread. Covid zero is dead in NSW and Vic so it's time to move on.

Anyone who wants to protect themselves is capable of staying inside, ordering food and groceries or utlising click and collect. Nobody is forcing them to take a risk by venturing into the outside world.

Death and sickness is a risk you take by living. Other nations have removed all restrictions at similar vacc rates.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
It's weak for politicians to hide behind the 'health advice' as a means to revoke what are generally accepted as human rights. Our pollies have been elected to govern for the holistic health of society, not to merely keep us alive. That includes our social welfare, mental health, economic health, and schooling.

Given that the vaccination rates are nearing 80% dd in NSW, it's right that the Premier should be looking to move away from all restrictions. The quarantine period for returned travelers is excessive and unnecessary when you consider that testing is available before/after flights and that community transmission is widespread. Covid zero is dead in NSW and Vic so it's time to move on.

Anyone who wants to protect themselves is capable of staying inside, ordering food and groceries or utlising click and collect. Nobody is forcing them to take a risk by venturing into the outside world.

Death and sickness is a risk you take by living. Other nations have removed all restrictions at similar vacc rates.
Yes well (a) the health experts disagree and (b) you’re looking at things as they are today and not looking down the track which is entirely what the grave concern is.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes well (a) the health experts disagree and (b) you’re looking at things as they are today and not looking down the track which is entirely what the grave concern is.
The health experts disagree because they're only accountable for their opinion on a single aspect of societal health.

We have small businesses bankrupted, kids disengaged from school, kids suffering from mental health issues, and families separated by state and international borders.

That's a huge price to pay for saving a few thousand lives.

I value personal choice over government protection. Your mileage may differ.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
NSW are nearly at 80% dd. If not now, when do you propose to let it rip?

I don’t propose anything. I was advancing a theory that occurred to me. Namely that perhaps Gladys suddenly resigning perhaps had a purpose beyond that of ICAC.

We’re in a strange situation u over here in the west in that we have no restrictions (beyond travel) & no Covid so it’s going to be hard to make a case for let it rip here.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if vested interest at some point find a way to introduce Delta here to force opening borders by stealth.
I think lockdown has lost its purpose now we know it’s going to eventually be endemic but who wants to be the one to say let it rip knowing overwhelmed hospitals & inevitable deaths is going to be the result?

That was my speculation on Gladys. She was probably tired of the Covid circus & unwillingly to be the one to just take all the brakes off.

Harry sorry David clearly doesn’t care about anything beyond the bottom line for business & is happy to front the let it rip campaign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They don't pretend to be anything they're not. As it stands the modern right screams until they're blue in the face about these guys while looking to them for tips on authoritarian governance.
The " silent " majority

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

ok brb will check google image search

1634351950211.png

No they’re just stoned morons holding hands in a circle singing Kum ba ya.
Who let you out of your cage cocky ?

Gonna stick around this time or you gonna come in on election night like Hermann Maier if the scum win again ?

Back