NSW Premier "iCare" Perrottet and the Libs' Poison Chalice

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Good point, my umpiring group (shortly followed by others) introduced a requirement for working with children checks after Sig Sokolowski (field umpire) got done for fiddling music students during his day job and allegedly didn't want to leave and couldn't be kicked out.

Not that they do much good; there must be hundreds of pedos with WWCs who just haven't been caught yet.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well fair enough but how long would you have us all locked down for mate? Once everybody who wants to be vaccinated is vaccinated (and that is close) what are you thinking should happen? My old man is 81 years old, lives in NSW and is in ill-health. I'd sure like to see him again.
I think a distinction can be drawn between lockdowns and graduated reopening/ongoing common sense measures like they have in Europe. I'm not in favour of lockdowns once we're hitting 70/80% but equally I think it's a disgrace how in England they're having hundreds die every week for no real reason. In Europe they have very basic measures to contain the virus (masks on public transport, vaccine passports, extra considerations for the elderly/vulnerable etc) in areas that aren't 95%+ vaxxed. Basic commonsense measures and ongoing vaccine passports (for the period where the hospitals are under strain) should not be thrown out because some politicians have a hard on for 'freedom'. "Freedom" is not just doing whatever the hell you want with no regard for anyone else. Hopefully our governments can follow this approach and keep numbers low with as minimal intervention as possible.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
What % of kids these days do you think are being diddled by Catholic priests?

How about school teachers and sports coaches?

I’d take my chances with a sports coach over a Catholic priest, every day of the week.

And the answer to your first question in numbers is thousands, probably tens of thousands.

Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Well that’s one opinion, others might differ

Your source is paid for and owned by evangelicals seeking to further “traditional American” values.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Gonzalez wants us locked for goodness knows how long..

Stuff that rather the NSW plan
I don't want us to stay locked down. FMD I'm hurting bad in this pandemic.

I want us to follow the advice of the experts, coz otherwise, we're just going to be back here again in no time at all.

Just saying "life can now go back to normal" doesn't make life go back to normal. It's nothing more than crossing our fingers and hoping, is all that is.

Beating my head against a wall here.

The AMA is hardly a radical group.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You might 'say' that but is there any evidence to support it?

NSW and QLD governments until the 1980s would swap teachers who had inappropriate relationships. Had gone on for decades. Even long after they were meant to be reporting to police.

Royal Vommissions always seem to gloss over state run schools. Do you think its because there are no problems? Or more because the 1st rule of Royal Commissions tends to be dont ask the questions you know you dont want answered?

But more than that, there are 300,000 teachers and 3,000 Catholic priests in Australia.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NSW and QLD governments until the 1980s would swap teachers who had inappropriate relationships. Had gone on for decades. Even long after they were meant to be reporting to police.

Royal Vommissions always seem to gloss over state run schools. Do you think its because there are no problems? Or more because the 1st rule of Royal Commissions tends to be dont ask the questions you know you dont want answered?

But more than that, there are 300,000 teachers and 3,000 Catholic priests in Australia.

The raw numbers may agree with you. Based on there being 100 times more teachers than Catholic priests they probably do.

But due to the greater veil of secrecy afforded the Catholic Church it is significantly more difficult to bring such cases to light. Therefore it is rather more likely that a Catholic priest is a paedophile than a school teacher.

I don't want us to stay locked down. FMD I'm hurting bad in this pandemic.

I want us to follow the advice of the experts, coz otherwise, we're just going to be back here again in no time at all.

Just saying "life can now go back to normal" doesn't make life go back to normal. It's nothing more than crossing our fingers and hoping, is all that is.

Beating my head against a wall here.

The AMA is hardly a radical group.

We are following the advice…opening up in stages when vax rates get up which they have. You can keep everyone locked down it’s awful for families. Frankly there has to be a level of risk that is “okay” and personally I’m happy with the risk at the moment. We are only at stage 2 you know we are still ages away from stage 3.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
He’s only varied from not having quarantine over home quarantine for VACCINATED arrivals.

maybe home quarantine is a dud.

one thing not included here compared to other countries is red amber and green lanes according to the situation in the departure country. Maybe that will follow

He’s only varied from not having quarantine over home quarantine for VACCINATED arrivals.

maybe home quarantine is a dud.

one thing not included here compared to other countries is red amber and green lanes according to the situation in the departure country. Maybe that will follow

Anything is better than hotel quarantine at your expense. Home quarantine or no quarantine with a test is more than enough when vaccinated

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
And of course we would expect the Australian immigration authorities to implement that with their customary sensitivity, impartiality and deep humanity.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
And of course we would expect the Australian immigration authorities to implement that with their customary sensitivity, impartiality and deep humanity.

‘when they return to using their ‘skills’ to keep people out rather than keeping them in?

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Has anyone asked Perrottet how he's going to cope with his workload when he's got all these kids to care for?

Come on mate, you know his wife will do it.

The man is the powerful breadwinner and the woman is the submissive jobsworth. That's how these fundamentalists roll.

Come on mate, you know his wife will do it.

The man is the powerful breadwinner and the woman is the submissive jobsworth. That's how these fundamentalists roll.
Not an unreasonable question in my mind and one every single mum in politics gets asked at some point in their career.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
His wife is a solicitor, so she's not exactly locked up.

Imagine there'll be a few nannies on hand.

Reckon you are right about the nannies but I guarantee you that her career would play second fiddle to his regardless of their domestic circumstances. It's the "Christian" way.

Back