NSW Premier "iCare" Perrottet and the Libs' Poison Chalice

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it bigoted to not have any patience for flat earthers or Q Anon adherents?

I have religion in the same category. Nonsense that does more harm than good.

All religion. I’ve lost patience with the idea I have to respect it. That our government is obsessed with legislating for people who believe it to discriminate against others in its name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How exactly is “our” (I’m not from NSW) government obsessed with legislating for the religious to discriminate?

As for the rest of it, don’t preach tolerance if you can’t practice it.

Not sure I follow your logic.

What I'm saying is that a lot people (not me) are clearly very thingy about who they're buried next to. Hence the clear demarcations in practically every cemetery in the country.

Now one denomination has wrested control of all cemeteries in NSW.

Not sure what their motive is, and though the Roman Catholic church has recently given us plenty of reason to not believe a single word they utter anymore, I'm not suggesting there's anything sinister.

But can you not see that if many, many people are so exercised by religious distinction that they go so far as to insist on being buried with others of a similar faith, then they may be, if not offended, certainly alarmed and perturbed that just one religion has suddenly assumed control of all cemeteries?

I don't know what's behind it, but it strikes me a desperately dumb idea sure to create all sorts of unnecessary misunderstandings, suspicion and conflict. Like I said, if ever there was a clearcut case for a secular policy...

‘they probably want to make more moolah from them, maybe a few multi storey car parks

How exactly is “our” (I’m not from NSW) government obsessed with legislating for the religious to discriminate?

As for the rest of it, don’t preach tolerance if you can’t practice it.

I read a quote recently by a journalist who said of the current media environment- if one person says it’s raining & one says not your job isn’t to give both an equal platform for their view, it’s to go outside, find out the truth & report that.

So no I don’t believe we need climate change deniers on prime time TV for “balance”.
Or to give equal time to Nazis to express their views.

I also don’t think we need to teach creationism in schools to appease people who choose to believe in abject nonsense. They don’t deserve to have their beliefs respected because they are choosing to be ignorant, to propagate an outdated belief system that has no place beyond a nice fable or myth.

We should not tolerate conspiracy theorists like Craig Kelly in our parliament.

And we shouldn’t have prosperity/creationist theology adherents like Morrison in charge of decision making for our country.

I read Thomas Merton, Spinoza, Chesterton, Rilke, Whitman, Ken Wilber, Jung etc. I find spiritual nourishment from all sorts including Christian mysticism.

I would have no problem with Merton or Thich Nat Han in parliament but the religious bigots so certain of their own righteousness, the ones who think Trump was chosen by God, the cruel, stupid, certain Christians or Imans or whatever. Just no.

I’m tired of stupidity & cruelty. And tired of the attitude we need to give it a voice.

I read a quote recently by a journalist who said of the current media environment- if one person says it’s raining & one says not your job isn’t to give both an equal platform for their view, it’s to go outside, find out the truth & report that.

So no I don’t believe we need climate change deniers on prime time TV for “balance”.

I also don’t think we need to teach creationism in schools to appease people who choose to believe in abject nonsense. They don’t deserve to have their beliefs respected because they are choosing to be ignorant, to propagate an outdated belief system that has no place beyond a nice fable or myth.

And we shouldn’t have prosperity/creationist theology adherents like Morrison in charge of decision making for our country.

I read Thomas Merton, Spinoza, Chesterton, Rilke, Whitman, Ken Wilber, Jung etc. I find spiritual nourishment from all sorts including Christian mysticism.

I would have no problem with Merton or Thich Nat Han in parliament but the religious bigots so certain of their own righteousness, the ones who think Trump was chosen by God, the cruel, stupid, certain Christians or Imans or whatever. Just no.

I’m tired of stupidity & cruelty. And tired of the attitude we need to give it a voice.

Onya. I note you didn’t answer what I asked.

No tolerance for the intolerant.

No voice for people who won’t even agree to stick to standards of evidence or debate.

But these people seem to be thriving in our social media algorithm world.

Piece in the Eye on Boris Johnson:

74B1CBBC-EC5F-4EE5-8B2A-87E975176361.jpeg

This is laughable. We've never seen such low standards of journalism in terms of independent truth and reporting.

Libs are going to smash the upcoming NSW election, surely? NSW Labor are less visible than Vic Libs.
Still long way to go. From what I've seen of Chris Minns, he's definitely getting more traction than Jodi Mckay who was as good as non existent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Libs are going to smash the upcoming NSW election, surely? NSW Labor are less visible than Vic Libs.
From a Victorian and not well travelled in NSW Politics: Last election the Coalition lost 6 seats, Labor gained 2 so a majority of 12 but the Coalition only 48 seats with 47 being required to form government

Since then, the Coalition has dropped to 43 seats having to form a minority government. Last polling I could find from the 23rd of September (back when Gladys was Premier) it was 41% Coalition, 30% Labor (didn't do a Two Party Preferred though, so expect the 10% of people that said Greens to add to Labor and the 2% SFF to go to the Coalition)

So it might be closer than we think but the election is in 2023 so a very long way to go

So how is it going in NSW?

The number of schools in NSW forced to close because a member of the school community is sick with Covid-19 has risen to 20 as the Premier talks down the “bumpy” reopening.

also...

Air purifiers have been bought for some New South Wales state schools but others will miss out and that’s unfair, say parents worried about Covid-19 as students return to classrooms.
Parents and citizens groups at some schools have raised thousands of dollars to purchase their own air purifiers, only to have them knocked back by authorities.
The Department of Education has bought 19,000 air purifiers (Victoria bought 51,000) but they will only be distributed in air quality emergencies – such as bushfires over the summer. They will not be given to state schools to permanently install in classrooms.

More...

Air purifiers have been bought for some New South Wales state schools but others will miss out and that’s unfair, say parents worried about Covid-19 as students return to classrooms.
Parents and citizens groups at some schools have raised thousands of dollars to purchase their own air purifiers, only to have them knocked back by authorities.
The Department of Education has bought 19,000 air purifiers (Victoria bought 51,000) but they will only be distributed in air quality emergencies – such as bushfires over the summer. They will not be given to state schools to permanently install in classrooms.
More...

Get real!!

How are the RW warriors ever going to achieve their dream of a complete takeover of education by the private sector if they direct our tax dollars to things that public schools need in order to ensure the health and safety of our children?

Get real!!

How are the RW warriors ever going to achieve their dream of a complete takeover of education by the private sector if they direct our tax dollars to things that public schools need in order to ensure the health and safety of our children?
Talking about privatising education, whatever happened to the unspeakable Betsy DeVos?

So how is it going in NSW?

The number of schools in NSW forced to close because a member of the school community is sick with Covid-19 has risen to 20 as the Premier talks down the “bumpy” reopening.

also...

More...

I'm not sure I'd be using Victoria's air purifier "program" as a beacon of light here. Most Vic schools still don't have them and may not until well into 2022.

At least in NSW you could light a fire out the back of the premises and ask for one! Here we just have to wait with our hands out and our eyes closed.

I'm not sure I'd be using Victoria's air purifier "program" as a beacon of light here. Most Vic schools still don't have them and may not until well into 2022.

At least in NSW you could light a fire out the back of the premises and ask for one! Here we just have to wait with our hands out and our eyes closed.
If that is all you got from those three links, think it is time you took your bias blinkers off.

If that is all you got from those three links, think it is time you took your bias blinkers off.
It's not a matter of bias, moreso a sense of frustration at being promised the world and delivered sfa in this particular matter! I've mostly agreed with how Victoria has handled the pandemic, but some of the recent decisions, particularly around schools have left me scratching my head.

In hindsight the Dan thread was probably a better place for my vent! :p

It's not a matter of bias, moreso a sense of frustration at being promised the world and delivered sfa in this particular matter! I've mostly agreed with how Victoria has handled the pandemic, but some of the recent decisions, particularly around schools have left me scratching my head.

I was merely pointing out that despite parents fund raising to have purifiers in schools, government says no. Crazy.

Not sure they have thought this through.

In hindsight the Dan thread was probably a better place for my vent! :p
True:)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back