EPL [Premier] League Dreamteam - 2023-24

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Gday guys, I made a post on the soccer board in their FPL thread asking to see if anyone player this, but had no replies so I'll just make a thread about it here.

If anyone who likes their soccer plays FPL but wants to try something different, or if you're bored over summer and want a fantasy football fix, then give this a go.

Season starts in 8 days

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gday guys, I made a post on the soccer board in their FPL thread asking to see if anyone player this, but had no replies so I'll just make a thread about it here.

If anyone who likes their soccer plays FPL but wants to try something different, or if you're bored over summer and want a fantasy football fix, then give this a go.

Season starts in 8 days
Are you playing the RDT version ??

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Are you playing the RDT version ??
Yes, the Sportsdeck one. That's why I made the thread here

If anyone plays Sportsdeck Big Bash DT, NRL DT, NBL DT etc also, I'll let them have a dedicated thread to it too.

If anyone plays AFL Finals DT also, they can have a thread for that too, otherwise this board would become a ghost town

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes, the Sportsdeck one. That's why I made the thread here

If anyone plays Sportsdeck Big Bash DT, NRL DT, NBL DT etc also, I'll let them have a dedicated thread to it too.

If anyone plays AFL Finals DT also, they can have a thread for that too, otherwise this board would become a ghost town
If you start an RDT EPL league, post the league code up !!

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I asked around last year about if there was a dream team you could play for finals. Got several responses of no, and that was it. I am keen to have a crack at an AFL finals RDT.
In 2015 there was one I think, pretty sure I played it. Not sure if they did it last year or if there was much interest here.

If it's available this year then someone can make a thread for it if they're playing it.

If you start an RDT EPL league, post the league code up !!
No worries

Who you support?

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Reading up on the rules

100m bank like FPL

Just the 40 trades across 37 matchdays

Pricing is like DT/SC, 3 game rolling average based on form, not some bullshit like ownership in FPL (I remember I owned Nathan Redmond 1 year and he started the season off well, yet made minimal cash because his ownership was low). Players don't get bullshit prices due to reputation either, it's simply based on average which is great.

Points are awarded from some formula by Opta. So we don't need to rely on players getting clean sheets, assists or goals just to get their points boosted like FPL, I like this as holding mids and full backs should score reasonably as they don't always assist or score.

Seems like we'll be able to have the funds to have a beast team a few months down the track if we use the DT 101 method, sell high, buy low, whereas we wouldn't be able to in FPL as you can only ever receive half the value you make on players you trade in.

I'm currently looking at value down back and in the goalkeepers, players like Hart, Zabaleta, Lascelles and Dunk are in my thinking for now as cash cows.

I've loaded up a bit in midfield and upfront though with Lukaku, Lacazette, De Bruyne, Ozil and Hazard are in my team currently. I've tried to avoid Spurs players as we are notoriously slow starters under Pochettino, best time to jump on will be just before Xmas as Eriksen, Kane, Alli etc will be cheap by then, we historically hit our straps then. I've also tried to avoid players with transfer sagas surrounding them, so Sanchez and Sigurdsson aren't in my planning for now. Iheanacho just joined Leicester, he's cheap so I'll grab him though.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Pea Nut SloaneysDanger inwhiterooms

League code is 864987

Anyone else who wants in is welcome to do so, just post your acceptance here in this thread

Quite happy to talk tactics, I've played FPL for the last 6-7 years but lost interest in it the last 2 years and became a ghost ship halfway through the season, figured out I'd give something else a go when I didn't GAF around October last year.

Really like the look of this format, looks like we will be able to get a full premium starting eleven eventually in a few months as it revolves on the same DT pricing format, rolling 3 game average, breakevens etc, premiums will bottom out eventually. No bullshit pricing based off player reputation and ownership, goes purely on form as it should be.

40 trades to use, but only 15 players in the squad, if we nail about 4-6 season long keepers early on and a few decent cash cows I think that's a good start, I think we will only need to use a high volume of trades come around Xmas time with multiple gamedays and late in the season when the FA Cup affects matchdays.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
SloaneysDanger, you're a Liverpool fan yeah?

Will TAA and Robertson get early games?

They could be decent cash cows if their job security is good enough, but if they're not in the frame for early games I'll keep them on the watchlist as downgrade material. I'm looking at cheapies like Zabaleta, Stones, Kolasinac, Dunk and a few others to start with, I reckon it's a position that will be easy to upgrade in eventually, so looking at putting most of my cash in midfield to start with. I'm looking at going massive in midfield (3-4 premo there) and a midpricer like Ramsey who should be solid value as the same old mids will score well year in year out.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
Pea Nut SloaneysDanger inwhiterooms

League code is 864987

Anyone else who wants in is welcome to do so, just post your acceptance here in this thread

Quite happy to talk tactics, I've played FPL for the last 6-7 years but lost interest in it the last 2 years and became a ghost ship halfway through the season, figured out I'd give something else a go when I didn't GAF around October last year.

Really like the look of this format, looks like we will be able to get a full premium starting eleven eventually in a few months as it revolves on the same DT pricing format, rolling 3 game average, breakevens etc, premiums will bottom out eventually. No bullshit pricing based off player reputation and ownership, goes purely on form as it should be.

40 trades to use, but only 15 players in the squad, if we nail about 4-6 season long keepers early on and a few decent cash cows I think that's a good start, I think we will only need to use a high volume of trades come around Xmas time with multiple gamedays and late in the season when the FA Cup affects matchdays.
I'll join the league when I log into my team tomorrow.

I've been playing Sportsdeck EPL dream team for over a decade. Looking forward to another season!

Reckon I'm avoiding players from Brighton and Huddersfield. I don't know a lot about them tbh and I think they might struggle early on since they've been out of the PL for so long.

My game plan is to usually get the best available cheapies who will make money and not just sit on the pine doing nothing. Upgrading those cheapies to a gun later on in the season is always so great!

Fixtures are very important IMO so I'm choosing players who have great early fixtures and PROVEN PL players.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
SloaneysDanger, you're a Liverpool fan yeah?

Will TAA and Robertson get early games?

They could be decent cash cows if their job security is good enough, but if they're not in the frame for early games I'll keep them on the watchlist as downgrade material. I'm looking at cheapies like Zabaleta, Stones, Kolasinac, Dunk and a few others to start with, I reckon it's a position that will be easy to upgrade in eventually, so looking at putting most of my cash in midfield to start with. I'm looking at going massive in midfield (3-4 premo there) and a midpricer like Ramsey who should be solid value as the same old mids will score well year in year out.
TAA will start this week but Clyne could be back next week. When Clyne is fit TAA won't start. Robertson probably won't start on the weekend but Milner could play s**t at any time and Robertson could replace him. Moreno is also around so I'd stay clear of Robertson and TAA tbh.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I'll join the league when I log into my team tomorrow.

I've been playing Sportsdeck EPL dream team for over a decade. Looking forward to another season!
Sweet, if you know anyone who plays they're free to join. I'm not expecting the league to be filled up, so will probably just be filled up with randoms after lockout ends.
Reckon I'm avoiding players from Brighton and Huddersfield. I don't know a lot about them tbh and I think they might struggle early on since they've been out of the PL for so long.
I've got no clue on the state of Huddersfield in regards to job security and stuff, but I think Dunk and Knockaert could be ok to start with from Brighton if they're your cup of tea (I'm likely starting with Dunk who is Brighton's most proven centre back and he's cheap at 3.6m I think), potentially Ryan could be good too providing he has the number one nod, but can't go past Begovic at Bournemouth now considering his price as a bench keeper.

My game plan is to usually get the best available cheapies who will make money and not just sit on the pine doing nothing. Upgrading those cheapies to a gun later on in the season is always so great!

Fixtures are very important IMO so I'm choosing players who have great early fixtures and PROVEN PL players.
Yeah, identifying said cheapies is the thing. I'd imagine I'll blow about 2-6 trades between GW3-6 to get on the right cash cows/corrective trades etc, similar to what we'd do in AFL DT/SC in rounds 3-4 I guess.

I think starting with any 3-4 of De Bruyne, Ozil, Eriksen, Alli, Hazard etc is vital as you'd imagine they will be up there for points come seasons end, so they fit season long keeper material as the risk is low there. Last week I wasn't keen on Spurs premiums and thinking I'd target them in a few months once they bottom out as we don't start well under Poch normally, but thinking it through I might grab one or two now because I know the job security there and there's uncertainty on others roles/job security.

Not keen on Jesus/Aguero yet, too many attacking options at City, I feel De Bruyne is the only decent option there because of his versatility to play as a winger/10/8/AM etc.

One more thing, I'm staying away from players with transfer sagas hanging over their heads, so Coutinho, Sigurdsson, Sanchez etc are only upgrade material providing they stay in England.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
There's a lot of injuries and transfer sagas going on it seems. I reckon I'll also take that approach of avoiding those players.

I might be able to get some people to join from another site I go on to talk footy/fantasy.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
There's a lot of injuries and transfer sagas going on it seems. I reckon I'll also take that approach of avoiding those players.

I might be able to get some people to join from another site I go on to talk footy/fantasy.
I've read FPL Addicts reviews to get a guide on a few

Used to tweet that bloke who runs the site, but unfollowed him a while back

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
First draft (late I know)

Begovic (Darlow)
Cedric, Kolasinac, Stones (Zabaleta, Hegazi)
KDB, Pogba, Zaha, Willian (Ritchie)
Lukaku (c), Aguero, Iheanacho

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
First draft (late I know)

Begovic (Darlow)
Cedric, Kolasinac, Stones (Zabaleta, Hegazi)
KDB, Pogba, Zaha, Willian (Ritchie)
Lukaku (c), Aguero, Iheanacho
How is Hegazi's job security? I'd pick him if I was assured of it and dump Lascelles instead.

Apparently Darlow may be sold, but dunno on that one yet. Ritchie or Shelvey should be decent from the Toon as a bench mid. I'm thinking James McLean at West Brom could be value to start with too.

I'm most settled down back and goalkeepers currently on personnel albeit one or two alterations, but not sure in midfield/upfront where I should be putting my money.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
How is Hegazi's job security? I'd pick him if I was assured of it and dump Lascelles instead.

Apparently Darlow may be sold, but dunno on that one yet. Ritchie or Shelvey should be decent from the Toon as a bench mid. I'm thinking James McLean at West Brom could be value to start with too.

I'm most settled down back and goalkeepers currently on personnel albeit one or two alterations, but not sure in midfield/upfront where I should be putting my money.
Probably not great but Evans and McAuley are still doubts I think. McAuley is pretty old now so can't see him playing every week tbh. I only put that team together real quick. I've spent most of my time researching without actually doing much with my team.

Tonight is D day for this and FPL so a lot of team editing to do!

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Probably not great but Evans and McAuley are still doubts I think. McAuley is pretty old now so can't see him playing every week tbh. I only put that team together real quick. I've spent most of my time researching without actually doing much with my team.

Tonight is D day for this and FPL so a lot of team editing to do!
I'm going to the footy tonight, dunno if I can be bothered staying up to redo my side

Back